Raith v Morton

2 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

Checks out.

Beyond not accepting defeat at this point, actively embarrassing us as a support now.

Agreed, CT. Every game has its debatable points and this has plenty. But Raith won the game, we didn't - so fair play to them. That's fitba, and being a forum roaster isn't going to change the result. Take it on the chin, learn from it, and move on.

Edited by Chippyminton

We weren't as exposed playing the 4-1-3-2 today but the second half was a poor standard from our perspective until we conceded the equaliser. It's disappointing to see us capitulate such a commanding lead but fair play to the players for getting a winner. Smith in particular had a tonne of work to do even after the mistake from Broadfoot. 

Ethan Ross looked like an absolute menace when he came on. All three of the lads who have recently come back from injury performed well. It was lovely to see Scott Brown coming back in and absolutely controlling the middle.

The celebrations at the end were fantastic. In particular Ian Murray was right at the heart of it. It was easy to think we'd fucked it but the changes ultimately saw us in good stead. But for an excellent penalty save, Mullin could've been off the mark in the league too. 

On to next week's free hit against Hibs. Hopefully we can change it up with a start for either of Byrne or Brown.

So highlights for me were,

Dougie Imrie's golf club shite tan chinos.

Jamie MacDonald going full Dr Evil, beast of a penalty save mind. 

The absolute piece of filth that was Ethan Ross changing direction in the Morton box before the penalty. 

The girfuy at the third goal. 

24 minutes ago, montheton11 said:

Yes tells us the refs don't  like us much.  However I'm sure your players just got a yellow for  headbutting one of our players . Also If you own admittance stated probs half were not yellow worthy then your 11 don't stack up. Weirdo

Where in any of my posts  did I say refs don’t like Morton ?  Please enlighten me ! You’re quoting one incident regarding a head butt which would have been a red rightly so but if you took the time to actually read my post I said yellows for both teams some weren’t deserved  . The 11 yellows are the total yellows Morton have received in total after the first 2 league games so why am I being a weirdo for stating facts . You don’t even know anything about your own team so away and do your homework first . Try not be insulting with your reply 

Right, might return to the unedifying stuff later, see how I feel. The game… 

Flying out the traps and quickly got ourselves into a great position. Delighted for Hamilton to get off the mark. Thought he was more than a match for Broadfoot, but fell out of it a wee bit due to picking up a really silly booking and then walking the tightrope with Broadfoot in the referee’s ear every time his arse cheeks clapped together within 10 yards of a Morton player. Vaughan smashed home a penalty and it looks like we could give Morton a real doing. If you’ve attended Starks Park semi regularly over the last 25 years, you’ll know this was never going to be the case. 

An absolute gift of first goal to concede. Liam Dick doesn’t do enough to stop the cross, Keith Watson inexplicably decides not to header the ball and Muirhead has a free header that is right down the middle of the goal which Dabrowksi should do much, much better with. More on him later… 

Morton scramble home an equaliser and we fall apart for a long spell. Morton had us totally rattled. We were afraid to push on to try to press them because of the tendency of the Morton centre half (number 4) to shell a diagonal to Muirhead or Oakley and their ability to win something from that, which meant we sort of allowed Morton to have a lot of the ball and tried to retain our shape.  

However, playing a 39 year old centre half who can no longer run does come with its drawbacks, as Callum Smith showed so expertly. Sells Broadfoot the dummy so cheaply, opening up the angle to slot home. A great goal from our perspective as Smith has run 50 yards with the ball, beat his man the calmly slotted it away, but if we conceded that I’d be absolutely mortified. 

Big Kev - needs to do better for me. Lacks a command of his area and should have at the very least got a hand on Muirhead’s header today. Kicking is a bit suspect, too. Need more from him. 

What a difference having Murray and Watson at the back compared to last season with Lang and especially Nolan. Murray and Watson are a couple of bruisers who can absolutely do that side of the game, it’s great to have centre halves who are able to give as good as they get. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

Forgot to mention the addition of Byrne totally changed the complexion of the game. In a similar mould to Brown (who also did well to win us possession when he came on) and really enjoyed his crunching tackle on the Morton number 8. Wouldnt be surprised to see both of them at the base of the midfield next Sunday at Hibs. 

10 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Right, might return to the unedifying stuff later, see how I feel. The game… 

Flying out the traps and quickly got ourselves into a great position. Delighted for Hamilton to get off the mark. Thought he was more than a match for Broadfoot, but fell out of it a wee bit due to picking up a really silly booking and then walking the tightrope with Broadfoot in the referee’s ear every time his arse cheeks clapped together within 10 yards of a Morton player. Vaughan smashed home a penalty and it looks like we could give Morton a real doing. If you’ve attended Starks Park semi regularly over the last 25 years, you’ll know this was never going to be the case. 

An absolute gift of first goal to concede. Liam Dick doesn’t do enough to stop the cross, Keith Watson inexplicably decides not to header the ball and Muirhead has a free header that is right down the middle of the goal which Dabrowksi should do much, much better with. More on him later… 

Morton scramble home an equaliser and we fall apart for a long spell. Morton had us totally rattled. We were afraid to push on to try to press them because of the tendency of the Morton centre half (number 4) to shell a diagonal to Muirhead or Oakley and their ability to win something from that, which meant we sort of allowed Morton to have a lot of the ball and tried to retain our shape.  

However, playing a 39 year old centre half who can no longer run does come with its drawbacks, as Callum Smith showed so expertly. Sells Broadfoot the dummy so cheaply, opening up the angle to slot home. A great goal from our perspective as Smith has run 50 yards with the ball, beat his man the calmly slotted it away, but if we conceded that I’d be absolutely mortified. 

Big Kev - needs to do better for me. Lacks a command of his area and should have at the very least got a hand on Muirhead’s header today. Kicking is a bit suspect, too. Need more from him. 

What a difference having Murray and Watson at the back compared to last season with Lang and especially Nolan. Murray and Watson are a couple of bruisers who can absolutely do that side of the game, it’s great to have centre halves who are able to give as good as they get. 

Thought Dabrowski’s distribution was generally humming today. Also felt like Murray & Millen just took it in turns to firmly remind him he was doing something wrong/not doing what they needed/expected.

Can’t quite put my finger on it as to why, given he’s a big lad, but he just looks so incredibly timid.

I am greatly lost as to why Bearne - who really added to our attacking element in his appearance last week - was left on the sidelines. Would have been the game we needed him.

Also totally lost as to why we sat behind the ball after the equaliser. Bizarre. Especially as Raith had withdrawn a few attackers for midfielders just before it...

Strange game.  We started really well, but after going 2-0 up we struggled.  Really dissapointed in the manner we conceded the goals, as well as how we dealt with large parts of the 2nd half.

That said, great attitude to grind another result out.  I don't think we've played at all well on the whole, and taken 4 points.

Morton are a really "robust" side.  Nothing wrong with that at all, but they are.  Some absolute shit houses in that side.  Again, nothing wrong with that.  Quitongo injuring himself trying to halve Watson was fucking superb though.  Rovers gave as good as they got though,  surprised both sides ended up with 11 men.