Raith v Morton

22 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Watched the highlights and as I thought at the time the first penalty award is a really poor decision however if it was up the other end I'd be claiming for it myself. 

In all honesty, from the far end, it looked like the Morton player was a bit reckless and caught Vaughan and everyone sitting around me was pretty much of the same opinion, although obviously the TV footage shows otherwise.

10 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Looks very much like we were denied a legitimate early goal.

Both of the defender's feet are behind the line.

Screenshot_20230813-030036~2.png

The lino was in position from the video.

The right foot is clearly inside the goal line.

The left foot is also clearly within the goal…however, the ball is wider than a players foot, so that proves nothing.

The ball appears “behind” the left knee, but from the angle and zoom, that’s potentially misleading.

On the live video and replay on RaithTV, it looked a clearance off the line.

On 11/08/2023 at 14:42, Paisley Ton said:

For the point of view of our chance of winning on Saturday, yes our recent record( excluding last season) would indicate a high chance of success if we were playing Dunfermline tomorrow. 

Must check I have set the sat nav for Kirkcaldy because if I am heading back from East End park tomorrow it will be humiliating having got lost.

Expect a good showing in Kirkcaldy tomorrow and would be reasonably happy with a draw, but never say never. 

Was it a good game for you at San Starko yesterday 😆 never mind, chin chin and enjoy the rest of a miserable season.

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Jings, that's a shocker from Vaughan.  He's getting a wee bit of a reputation there, needs to watch out. 

Zero sympathy for Morton though, it cancels out that Quitongo dive last year. 

Wee bit? He has had a reputation for years and would give Joe Cardle a run for his money. He is constantly seeking opportunities to throw himself to the ground or throw himself in to opposition players which referees almost always buy as a “fair challenge”

Although in saying that, it is hilarious to see the fans of Morton absolutely livid: an absolute freak show of a fanbase.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

The lino was in position from the video.

The right foot is clearly inside the goal line.

The left foot is also clearly within the goal…however, the ball is wider than a players foot, so that proves nothing.

The ball appears “behind” the left knee, but from the angle and zoom, that’s potentially misleading.

On the live video and replay on RaithTV, it looked a clearance off the line.

I thought this too when I saw it yesterday in real time.

I have just seen the highlights of the game there. No qualms with the 2nd penalty now the Rovers fans have seen the highlights surely hand on heart even they have got to say it was never a penalty if they are being honest.

9 minutes ago, gmfc said:

I have just seen the highlights of the game there. No qualms with the 2nd penalty now the Rovers fans have seen the highlights surely hand on heart even they have got to say it was never a penalty if they are being honest.

Hand on heart, +3 is all that matters at the end of the game. I'd prefer we didn't have to get them through that sort of means but it's +3 so it is what it is. No one died. 

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Hand on heart, +3 is all that matters at the end of the game. I'd prefer we didn't have to get them through that sort of means but it's +3 so it is what it is. No one died. 

I would be the same mate. But last season we seemed to get a few of those against us there is someone from the SFA  marking these refs performances but they don't seem to do anything about it when they make a complete arse of it. 

13 minutes ago, gmfc said:

Nobody from our end cares in the slightest. Sorry if we've killed the Corinthian spirit of the game.

13 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Right, Mr McGlynn. 

Less of that! My team won yesterday... 

11 minutes ago, gmfc said:

I would be the same mate. But last season we seemed to get a few of those against us there is someone from the SFA  marking these refs performances but they don't seem to do anything about it when they make a complete arse of it. 

It looked like the ball crossed the line to me on the highlights so it evened itself out really. You did have the quitingo dive last season as has been said so you can't really complain in the grand scheme of things. Unless it's changed in the past few years, they don't get watched in every single game, I could be wrong though. 

Just now, grumswall said:

It looked like the ball crossed the line to me on the highlights so it evened itself out really. You did have the quitingo dive last season as has been said so you can't really complain in the grand scheme of things. Unless it's changed in the past few years, they don't get watched in every single game, I could be wrong though. 

I wouldn’t expect that (phantom goal) to be flagged even if it was reviewed, as that’s the linesman responsibility. The referee cannot possibly be in position to correctly call a goal line matter like that, so the linesman is relied upon, since he/she should be literally on top of the corner flag at that point. Looking at the video, the lino is clearly looking down the line and doesn’t indicate the ball crossed the line, and he would be in the best position of anyone in the Park.

As for referees and being watched, I’d expect it would take the same sort of identified deficiency over a number of reviews before any action might occur. Refereeing is thankless and difficult, and we give the refs far too much stick too often. On occasion it’s deserved, but more often the complaints are partisan and biased either due to viewing position or team glasses being firmly on.

The not given one didn’t look conclusively enough of a goal to the majority of folks at the time, in tv replays it looks more likely but still not wholly conclusive (The infamous Dobbie free kick V QOS that was given looked less of a goal mind). I suspect the defender might not even be 100% certain one way or another, so the only way would be if there was goal line technology…….there isn’t so 3-2 stands.

in a similar fashion VAR would clear up the Vaughan penalty issue but there isn’t so 3-2 stands.

But there will be VAR next week at a Easter Rd, a similar incident may have a different outcome……or it may not.

Edited by Scottydog

On another note, it's so refreshing having a thread with morton fans without Virginton stinking it out. Well done that mod.

Has he been binned? 

I thought the phantom goal was a goal at the time replay isn't whole conclusive. 

First penalty is a dive. 

2nd penalty is a stonwaller.

It was a difficult game to referee, amazed we never saw a red.