Raith v Morton

Defending of crosses and set pieces needs some work, it must be said. Feeble challenges and/or poor marking prevalent at both Morton goals. 

Never a penalty for our second goal, that's a clear dive. I'll conveniently ignore how poor that is from Vaughan given the direction this thread has taken, however. No doubt about the second penalty, although a poor effort from Mullin. 

Great goal from Smith, even if Broadfoot sold the jerseys. He took it very well himself, but notice also the cynical takeout of the man in support during the replay. 

I've watched Morton's first goal about twenty times now and I don't think I can fault Dabrowski for it, noting a few people have questioned him over it. I wasn't there to see it in real time and perhaps I'd feel differently were the behind the goal replay available, but whilst the header is pretty central it's also a very powerful one. Those are never easy for the 'keeper to deal with, even if he doesn't have to stretch very far for the ball. The reaction time is very limited. 

Definite dive from Vaughan. I thought that yesterday from about 100 yards away but the highlights confirm it.

I suspect Morton would have kicked f**k out of us anyway but the sense of injustice at the first penalty award just exacerbated the problem. 

Excellent cross and header for Morton's first goal but I feel that Dabrowski goes for it with the wrong hand.

Also, the wee ball boy at Vaughan's pen... 😆

10 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Tbf there’s nothing he could’ve done with the 2 goals (same with Thomson and MacDonald wouldn’t of saved them) one was a bullet header and the other was pish defending in the box apart from that they never really threatened aye his kickings no the best but that could be worked 

Yup I agree, Murray and Watson having a go at Big Kev for the entirety of the match . The first Morton goal was unavoidable, the second the defence sold him out. Kev just needs to learn to take charge of his 6 yard box. He will get better. 

19 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Definite dive from Vaughan. I thought that yesterday from about 100 yards away but the highlights confirm it.

I suspect Morton would have kicked f**k out of us anyway but the sense of injustice at the first penalty award just exacerbated the problem. 

Excellent cross and header for Morton's first goal but I feel that Dabrowski goes for it with the wrong hand.

Also, the wee ball boy at Vaughan's pen... 😆

That wee dick was at it for the whole game🤣

24 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Yup I agree, Murray and Watson having a go at Big Kev for the entirety of the match . The first Morton goal was unavoidable, the second the defence sold him out. Kev just needs to learn to take charge of his 6 yard box. He will get better. 

Nah not having that. It doesn't look as bad on the highlights but he should have saved the first goal and you could tell by his face when he turned round that he knew he had made a mistake. 

Murray also thought the same. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

31 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

I appreciate that you're trying to stand up for the 'keeper but he'll be disappointed that he didn't keep their first goal out.

It was straight at him, he's flat footed and he's gone with his trailing hand.

7 hours ago, Michael W said:

Defending of crosses and set pieces needs some work, it must be said. Feeble challenges and/or poor marking prevalent at both Morton goals. 

Never a penalty for our second goal, that's a clear dive. I'll conveniently ignore how poor that is from Vaughan given the direction this thread has taken, however. No doubt about the second penalty, although a poor effort from Mullin. 

Great goal from Smith, even if Broadfoot sold the jerseys. He took it very well himself, but notice also the cynical takeout of the man in support during the replay. 

Agree the defending was awful for their goals, there’s a small chance that Vaughans foot catches the back of the Morton players leg, be it a dive or accidental contact it’s still never a penalty.

The ref sees Stanton being fouled but waves play on, had we not scored I think there was another yellow card coming out.

7 hours ago, Michael W said:

I've watched Morton's first goal about twenty times now and I don't think I can fault Dabrowski for it, noting a few people have questioned him over it. I wasn't there to see it in real time and perhaps I'd feel differently were the behind the goal replay available, but whilst the header is pretty central it's also a very powerful one. Those are never easy for the 'keeper to deal with, even if he doesn't have to stretch very far for the ball. The reaction time is very limited. 

I was right behind it in the stadium and I was disappointed at the time as went between his hands but it was a bullet header and I was probably as disappointed we allowed that cross in in the first place.