Raith v Morton

2 hours ago, gmfc said:

I would be the same mate. But last season we seemed to get a few of those against us there is someone from the SFA  marking these refs performances but they don't seem to do anything about it when they make a complete arse of it. 

Ref was very poor and lost control of the game, it wasn’t a pen but call it karma or whatever for the one we got against us at cappilow last season. We will have some go against us this season , frustrating as it is 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:

Ref was very poor and lost control of the game, it wasn’t a pen but call it karma or whatever for the one we got against us at cappilow last season. We will have some go against us this season , frustrating as it is 🤷🏻‍♂️

Karma wouldn't be needed if we had decent refereeing.  

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

On another note, it's so refreshing having a thread with morton fans without Virginton stinking it out. Well done that mod.

Has he been binned? 

I thought the phantom goal was a goal at the time replay isn't whole conclusive. 

First penalty is a dive. 

2nd penalty is a stonwaller.

It was a difficult game to referee, amazed we never saw a red. 

Mod on this very thread stated that he needed a break or words to that effect yesterday. 

Just catching up with everything, went through the highlights, the phantom goal looked very genuine all our players were claiming for it and the direction Morton players were looking suggested they thought it was in too, very disappointed in Lewis get it stopped, Dabrowski may have saved the first goal but it was a terrific header, their 2nd goal defenders going to sleep, Smith's winning goal was outstanding composure, and did that useless Referee even see the cynical foul on our player running down the middle in support

All in all a good 3 points, but must do a bit better in defending as that's 8 conceded in the last 4 games

1 hour ago, keyser_soze said:

Yep, standard of refereeing in this league is abysmal. That said I wouldn't want VAR involvement.

VAR is part of the reason the refereeing is poor. Referees that would otherwise be in charge of our games are now behind a screen instead, so the "better" ones that aren't allocated a Premiership game are taken away from our fixtures.  Every league below the Premiership therefore sees the standard of refereeing go down. 

2 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Just catching up with everything, went through the highlights, the phantom goal looked very genuine all our players were claiming for it and the direction Morton players were looking suggested they thought it was in too, very disappointed in Lewis get it stopped, Dabrowski may have saved the first goal but it was a terrific header, their 2nd goal defenders going to sleep, Smith's winning goal was outstanding composure, and did that useless Referee even see the cynical foul on our player running down the middle in support

All in all a good 3 points, but must do a bit better in defending as that's 8 conceded in the last 4 games

On the flip side, unbeaten in 90 minutes in all competitive matches. 

5 hours ago, Michael W said:

VAR is part of the reason the refereeing is poor. Referees that would otherwise be in charge of our games are now behind a screen instead, so the "better" ones that aren't allocated a Premiership game are taken away from our fixtures.  Every league below the Premiership therefore sees the standard of refereeing go down. 

The most proximate cause of a lowered referee standard is the abuse and snarky commentary loaded onto referees at all levels of the game (and, in some places, physical threats). It drives people out of the game, and perhaps causes those that stay to be a bit more of the self important types. I ref’ed youth “soccer” for a number of years, and over that period 1981-1997, the abuse directed at referees steadily increased. Since then the commentary has surely gotten more vocal and abusive. Our local youth soccer league has adopted strict no abusive commentary or talking to referees and linesmen by anyone (except the coach talking to the referee as necessary) and it increased the number of teens and adults willing to referee games, but few move up due to the lack of such protections at high school, select and college levels.

Unfortunately the plethora of video recordings and angles makes any error potentially very clear, but the vast majority of referees are, I believe, still trying to do the best they can. Actions like those of Vaughan (and, dare I say, other divers), in the case of the first penalty in the Mortan match, make the referees job that much more difficult, and were actually frowned upon in days of yore.

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Unfortunately the plethora of video recordings and angles makes any error potentially very clear, but the vast majority of referees are, I believe, still trying to do the best they can. Actions like those of Vaughan (and, dare I say, other divers), in the case of the first penalty in the Mortan match, make the referees job that much more difficult, and were actually frowned upon in days of yore.

Some referees are simply not very good but this is spot on. Vaughan is the sinner in chief and I would imagine IM would have a word with him.

1 hour ago, Kenny_m said:

Some referees are simply not very good but this is spot on. Vaughan is the sinner in chief and I would imagine IM would have a word with him.

Probably, but will the words  be 'well done' or 'cut it out'?

31 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Bet Morton’s number 8 felt a bit silly after running towards Euan Murray to push him and celebrate in his face at the equaliser only to lose the winning goal 5 minutes later. 

Even sillier when Shaun Byrne smashed him into a thousands pieces in the centre circle moments after we scored the winner. Nightmare for him. 

IMG_6374.jpeg.bc9e10c0dbb22fbea4137fcfeea70117.jpegIMG_6375.jpeg.92f99c6ff40b701e99af69778e468119.jpeg

image.png.2a76e76fd460fbb5503f82a0dcbce0b6.png

Edited by Hank Scorpio

Having watched the clip of the first penalty incident, that is as blatant a dive as you'll ever see.  The defender is standing near Vaughan but you can see that he doesn't put in a challenge and his feet don't leave the ground, and there is no contact between the defender and Vaughan.  Vaughan is a cheat, plain and simple.  How the referee awarded a penalty for that is beyond me.  Must have thought he was refereeing next week's cup game at Ibrox.

Disappointing to lose after pulling back a 2 goal deficit, especially as I understand it came from an error in defence with no real danger, but we're going to lose some games this season and Raith away is not one of our easier games.  At least we're scoring goals at the moment.  Let's hope we can run riot next Saturday, though I won't be putting any money on it.

31 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Having watched the clip of the first penalty incident, that is as blatant a dive as you'll ever see.  The defender is standing near Vaughan but you can see that he doesn't put in a challenge and his feet don't leave the ground, and there is no contact between the defender and Vaughan.  Vaughan is a cheat, plain and simple.  How the referee awarded a penalty for that is beyond me.  Must have thought he was refereeing next week's cup game at Ibrox.

Disappointing to lose after pulling back a 2 goal deficit, especially as I understand it came from an error in defence with no real danger, but we're going to lose some games this season and Raith away is not one of our easier games.  At least we're scoring goals at the moment.  Let's hope we can run riot next Saturday, though I won't be putting any money on it.

If Vaughan is cheat so is Quitongo surely for his blatant dive last season?  Or does this only work one way?  

Edited by Rover1990