St Mirren V Dundee

Dundee gave a good account of themselves in the second half and could have nicked a point.

It would have been just that, though, a stolen point.

To pretend that St Mirren shouldn’t have blown you away in the first half and implying that most of the team was “nothing special” is childish and churlish. Strain made your wee left back look like a clown. 

Ironically some of you seem willing to praise McMenamin who did have a good first half but had been worked out by the second. Beck knew he was always going to try and cut inside as he’s very one footed.

St Mirren, whether the board and manager like it or not, don’t have enough depth at the back and need cover all the way across the defensive line. Sort that, and we will be a right good team. Don’t and we will take the odd tanking and be in trouble when injuries and suspensions hit (which any fool can see they will).

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Dundee gave a good account of themselves in the second half and could have nicked a point.

It would have been just that, though, a stolen point.

To pretend that St Mirren shouldn’t have blown you away in the first half and implying that most of the team was “nothing special” is childish and churlish. Strain made your wee left back look like a clown. 

Ironically some of you seem willing to praise McMenamin who did have a good first half but had been worked out by the second. Beck knew he was always going to try and cut inside as he’s very one footed.

St Mirren, whether the board and manager like it or not, don’t have enough depth at the back and need cover all the way across the defensive line. Sort that, and we will be a right good team. Don’t and we will take the odd tanking and be in trouble when injuries and suspensions hit (which any fool can see they will).

I agree with you regarding the LB/LWB positions but there's no way the club are going to sign another CB when Fraser, Dunne, Taylor, Gogic, Bolton and Kenny can all play there.

I think Dundee fans are encouraged by their last 30 minutes but that's maybe exaggerated by how bad they were for the first hour. It did end up nervy but other than the 1v1 saved by Hemming and of course the penalty I can't recall a chance for Dundee.

On the flip side we hit the bar, had another great chance from a header just before it, had a chance right before the 2nd goal, Olusanya's missed header from 6 yards out and the one that may or may not have been over the line. 

We were comfortably the better team and deserved the 3 points.

And the ref shat it from sending off Beck.

4 minutes ago, Abstract said:

I think Dundee fans are encouraged by their last 30 minutes but that's maybe exaggerated by how bad they were for the first hour. It did end up nervy but other than the 1v1 saved by Hemming and of course the penalty I can't recall a chance for Dundee.

On the flip side we hit the bar, had another great chance from a header just before it, had a chance right before the 2nd goal, Olusanya's missed header from 6 yards out and the one that may or may not have been over the line. 

Hemmings probs MOM. Penalty save and another beauty when McCowan clean through. 
Might as well just hand Sainties the league title now, you’re clearly world beaters. I mean you’ve just beaten a scratch team that’s just been promoted with an own goal and a missed penalty. 

Wish I had a quid for every time a Dundee fan has posted ‘a missed penalty’.  I’m actually now beginning to think St Mirren were jammy, lucky, and those plucky wee newly promoted Dundee boys were unfairly beaten. Oh, aye, they missed a penalty. 😛

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Might as well just hand Sainties the league title now, you’re clearly world beaters. I mean you’ve just beaten a scratch team that’s just been promoted with an own goal and a missed penalty. 

Very generous of you.  FWIW I don’t think Dundee will end up bottom of the league; the farmers are nailed on for 12th.  Dundee will be in the playoffs. 

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I agree with you regarding the LB/LWB positions but there's no way the club are going to sign another CB when Fraser, Dunne, Taylor, Gogic, Bolton and Kenny can all play there.

Gogic isn’t a CB and should only be playing there in an absolute fucking pinch.

We won’t play Kenny all season. We shouldn’t even be pretending for the purposes of squad depth that that’s going to happen because it means being delusional about the state of the squad.

So you’ve two left CBs. Fair enough.

One right sided CB in Fraser. 

one central in Bolton.

there’s not enough quality cover and we will get pasted if we rely on makeshift nonsense.

7 minutes ago, Abstract said:

As shite as we were, and as great as St Mirren apparently were, we still ended up with more shots on target. Not that it matters, as it's only the final score that does. However if that's a regular St Mirren performance, I would not be surprised in the slightest if we end above you come seasons end. I'm not fishing or trying to insult it's just the way I see it. Tried to tell Patrick Thistle fans the same thing last season too. Must be a Glasgow thing. 😏

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Yous should know by now this league is all about fine margins. 

Doesn't matter how you get the points as long as you get them. 

The sooner we get to 30 odd points the sooner we can look up the way.

We aren't world beaters but we are effective. You should probably be concerned that your manager didn't have a clue how we were going to play in the first half, not even mentioning there is 2 ex players of ours who know fine well what we are about.

Hemming St Mirren’s MoTM? Don’t think so. Unless he shares it with McMenamin, Mandron, Baccus, and possibly Gogic. I swear to fcuk, we’ll have played Motherwell in the League Cup and Aberdeen in the league, and this thread will still be winning P&Bs annual ‘full of shite’ award for 2023. 😄

Pages of sh*te, when it it was a very simple game to explain.

First half St Mirren totally dominant.  Second half an even contest that Dundee probably just shaded.

Overall the score reflected that and it was a fair result.