St Mirren V Dundee

On 12/08/2023 at 17:59, Captain_Sensible said:

You disgraced yourselves with your Rangers songs today

As I said previously, you got on with the Motherwell fans because they are Rangers wannabes as well

Hearts next? Jeez, that’s another bunch you’ll get on fine with 🤮

Hearts and Dundee love fest?

image.gif.32a375a2450b013e521d62cbd8a3c659.gif

On 07/08/2023 at 12:37, ZingaliMan said:

Dundee had a great team in the 60's always great to see provincial clubs get the better of Glasgow's dark side. 

Glasgow sides are provincial, too.

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Delete the whole thing, imo.

You know how we have a P&B gold section for all the classic, read again threads.

We this should be in P&B brown. For threads so horrific, they should be kept for educational purposes of how not to do threads.

Definitely P&B brown.

59 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Even Michael feckin Stewart said he thought it was a goal!

What people defending this by saying 'we've no goal line tech so can't be 100% sure' seem to be forgetting that VAR is to allow referees to use their JUDGEMENT on incidents based on have more/better/repeated views than the on field officials.

Walsh should have used his judgment there and said, on the balance of probabilities, from that view, it's a goal.

Or, because it's not a black and white situation (as offside is supposed to be) asked the ref to take a look at a view he didn't have.

24 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

We won. I think we can put the chalked off goal to bed now. 

For me it's not about the score there is incompetence which can affect all our clubs. It's not cheating it's just utter shite refs at work.  Are refs full time or part time. Full time I hope a lot of training could be done. 

11 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

For me it's not about the score there is incompetence which can affect all our clubs. It's not cheating it's just utter shite refs at work.  Are refs full time or part time. Full time I hope a lot of training could be done. 

Almost all Refs in Scotland have occupations outside of football. Most infamous example is that wee Tory rat who is both an MP and an MSP (albeit he is an Assistant Ref).

Column is a teacher...going further back Craig Thomson is a lawyer and Iain Brines was a Polis.

So no, they are not full time Refs.

Edited by Arch Stanton

This thread still motoring along? Still 2-1 to St Mirren? Still a big Joe own goal? Still a penalty save by our ‘downgrade’ to Sir Trevor Carson? Plucky, newly-promoted, injury ravaged, under-par Dundee still chasing that much deserved equaliser?

Good stuff. 

46 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Even Michael feckin Stewart said he thought it was a goal!

I'm not sure that's the "win" you think it is.

What people defending this by saying 'we've no goal line tech so can't be 100% sure' seem to be forgetting that VAR is to allow referees to use their JUDGEMENT on incidents based on have more/better/repeated views than the on field officials.

Goals are black and white - either the whole of the ball is over the whole of the line, or it isn't. 

If there's no angle that categorically proves the referee's decision was wrong, the original on-field decision must stand. It's as simple as that. And yes, that also means if the referee had given a goal on Saturday, it would have stood. 

Walsh should have used his judgment there and said, on the balance of probabilities, from that view, it's a goal.

That's not how the rules work.

Or, because it's not a black and white situation (as offside is supposed to be) asked the ref to take a look at a view he didn't have.

Goals are a black and white situation. 

I'm not sure why you'd think they weren't. 

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

If nobody can prove without any doubt that the whole ball definitely 100% crossed over the line, then you can't give it.

I don't see what's so difficult to understand here?

But you can’t prove it didn’t cross the line either.  

That’s my point, they have to make a judgement call, and it appears to most pundits and at least one ex referee that they got it wrong.  

40 minutes ago, The Master said:

I'm not sure that's the "win" you think it is.

Goals are black and white - either the whole of the ball is over the whole of the line, or it isn't. 

If there's no angle that categorically proves the referee's decision was wrong, the original on-field decision must stand. It's as simple as that. And yes, that also means if the referee had given a goal on Saturday, it would have stood. 

That's not how the rules work.

Goals are a black and white situation. 

I'm not sure why you'd think they weren't. 

Of course the ball crossing the line is a black and white situation.  

However we don’t have the tech to determine that, therefore it’s a human judgment.  

As for Stewart he seems to go out of his way you take an anti-Saints view on every incident.  I assume as ‘banter’ with Saints fan Thommo.  

So I fully expected him to say it was nowhere near over.