St Mirren V Dundee

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Bloody hell, about twenty pages discussing something that had absolutely no effect on the result. 

While I get your point, it IS important, because these decisions have got to stop being called incorrectly with the technology that is readily available in 2023. Because next time it might be a goal that does matter. For us, for someone else...

We're being told to embrace this technology that I broadly still think is fucking awful, but then we find it's still deeply flawed. It's a shitshow, and it's worth debating.

45 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

While I get your point, it IS important, because these decisions have got to stop being called incorrectly with the technology that is readily available in 2023. Because next time it might be a goal that does matter. For us, for someone else...

We're being told to embrace this technology that I broadly still think is fucking awful, but then we find it's still deeply flawed. It's a shitshow, and it's worth debating.

Goal line technology isn't flawed in Scottish football. It doesn't exist.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Just watched the highlights there.

I can't believe how little of a claim there is from anyone, not players, not crowd, not a soul for the Dundee penalty. Mandron was silly to grab his shirt but these things probably happen a dozen times a game and there's worse wrestling at corners. It's a bizarre one to pull that particular one back.

Think because the Dundee player ended up on the floor it probably caught the eye more than a run of the mill shirt pull would have.

It was definitely a penalty, silly stuff from Mandron. 

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

It's a bizarre one to pull that particular one back.

It's the consistency, rather than them flagging it, that would be the issue for me.

It was a foul, even if nobody shouted for it at the time, soft but only soft if others are not being pulled up for similar.

10 minutes ago, Div said:

Think because the Dundee player ended up on the floor it probably caught the eye more than a run of the mill shirt pull would have.

It was definitely a penalty, silly stuff from Mandron. 

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's the consistency, rather than them flagging it, that would be the issue for me.

It was a foul, even if nobody shouted for it at the time, soft but only soft if others are not being pulled up for similar.

No disagreement at all, it was 100% a penalty. It's just bizarre that one particular incident resulted in it, if the Dundee plyer made something - anything at all - of it then you'd fully get why it was picked up and penalised but if they noticed that, they'll notice that grabbing, pulling and shoving that goes on at every corner by all teams and seemingly not punish those.

28 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Imagine that goal line decision involved Rangers, and it went to VAR as it did on Saturday, but the decision meant the difference in them getting all 3 points. 

We know how that one turns out.

The ref would have given a goal to them in an on field decision without hesitation though

10 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Is a bit of controversy not a good thing? Look how we're all debating this incident. 

I think we were probably robbed of a goal, but I'm told that "these things even themselves out over the season", so I'm looking forward to a wee bit of a lucky break. :) 

You got your rub of the green already when Robinson tapped the penalty to your keeper.

1 minute ago, Buddie Holly said:

so carson didn’t pass on his advice to robinson via joe?

So the advice was to roll the ball pretty much down the middle?  If so, more fool Robinson for taking that advice.  

Most people consider this thread to be a bore war so I'm probably in a minority of one but I've enjoyed this thread which now has more posts than the number of Dundee fans who attended on Saturday @Dundee-FC92. I look forward to the next tussle between our clubs and predict the H2H record @Captain_Sensible will be closer still by season's end.

Saint Mirren are a team with a history to be proud of and a bright future in our 21st Century stadium, Dundee will have to concentrate on their history as their future contains only misery - debt that will only be resolved by a third (?) administration and a stadium that was built before the Boer War.

14 minutes ago, hk blues said:

So the advice was to roll the ball pretty much down the middle?  If so, more fool Robinson for taking that advice.  

I believe the advice given by Carson was that Jamie Langfield (who studies the penalty takers) knows that Robinson tends to go to his right (the keeper's left). Hemming knows this as well, he points to the area he believes it's going to go twice before the run up.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

I believe the advice given by Carson was that Jamie Langfield (who studies the penalty takers) knows that Robinson tends to go to his right (the keeper's left). Hemming knows this as well, he points to the area he believes it's going to go twice before the run up.

I get that.  But, passing on that information is one thing but the penalty kicker f******g up his kick is quite another.  Unless folk are suggesting Robinson followed the advice exactly which I very, very much doubt.  To try to allocate equal blame to Robinson, Carson and Shaugnessy is crazy talk. 

10 minutes ago, btb said:

Most people consider this thread to be a bore war so I'm probably in a minority of one but I've enjoyed this thread which now has more posts than the number of Dundee fans who attended on Saturday @Dundee-FC92. I look forward to the next tussle between our clubs and predict the H2H record @Captain_Sensible will be closer still by season's end.

Saint Mirren are a team with a history to be proud of and a bright future in our 21st Century stadium, Dundee will have to concentrate on their history as their future contains only misery - debt that will only be resolved by a third (?) administration and a stadium that was built before the Boer War.

Is that a thing? 

5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I get that.  But, passing on that information is one thing but the penalty kicker f******g up his kick is quite another.  Unless folk are suggesting Robinson followed the advice exactly which I very, very much doubt.  To try to allocate equal blame to Robinson, Carson and Shaugnessy is crazy talk. 

The advice he received may have put him in 2 minds whilst taking the kick and this resulted in him fucking it up?

1 minute ago, Captain_Sensible said:

The advice he received may have put him in 2 minds whilst taking the kick and this resulted in him fucking it up?

And I get that as well.

But does that justify allocating equal blame to Carson, Shaugnessy and Robinson for the piss poor penalty?  Really it doesn't. Robinson is a professional football player and if that's all it takes to totally out him off his stride then he should never take another penalty in his career.  

18 minutes ago, hk blues said:

And I get that as well.

But does that justify allocating equal blame to Carson, Shaugnessy and Robinson for the piss poor penalty?  Really it doesn't. Robinson is a professional football player and if that's all it takes to totally out him off his stride then he should never take another penalty in his career.  

What I find strange is that they hadn’t sorted a plan out for a possible penalty before the game?

Amateurish stuff all round, from Robinson, Carson, Shaughnessy, your goalkeeping coach and your manager.