QP v Arbroath - Arbroath v QP

On 12/08/2023 at 20:41, CathcartSkins said:

That was a one sided game as I have witnessed in many a season.

Took Queens 15 mins before the final whistle to score the winning goal. 

Unsure what to expect on Sat - Arbroath still missing a left back.......

Predicting another 3 goals - hopefully two of them for the home team.

1 minute ago, clashcityrocker said:

Took Queens 15 mins before the final whistle to score the winning goal. 

To be clear, are you saying the other day's game wasn't one sided, or just making a statement that isn't relevant to the post you quoted?

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I wonder if the big story of the week re numerous English clubs showing interest in Callan McKenna will be enough to reinstate Ferrie for this one. McPherson certainly to start but maybe with Healy as his wing partner. Other than that, no tinkering required.

Tin hat on for this one.  I like Ferrie and he's a pretty good shot stopper, but he can be rather slow when it comes to recycling the ball when he gains possession, (maybe a little indecisive?), which McKenna is not...he's got a good understanding with the CB's and seems confident and able to pick the right pass and keep the pace of the game up.  I'd be keeping him in.

46 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Tin hat on for this one.  I like Ferrie and he's a pretty good shot stopper, but he can be rather slow when it comes to recycling the ball when he gains possession, (maybe a little indecisive?), which McKenna is not...he's got a good understanding with the CB's and seems confident and able to pick the right pass and keep the pace of the game up.  I'd be keeping him in.

When we spoke to Charlie Fox on the podcast he mentioned that the younger players were a year ahead of the first team in terms of implementing the intended style, and it's absolutely evident when you watch McKenna compared to Ferrie (who I've always been a massive fan of).

The cynic in me also wonders whether there's any chance he's getting a bit of first team game time right now to increase his value though! Playing Championship football no doubt massively increases his price tag compared with anything he had been doing before.

I suppose both of these things could be true at the same time.

3 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

You could argue that we keep our pitch in normal condition, and its QP who deliberately overwater and unethically cut their grass too short.  

😂 yeah, that's right. 🤣  "unethical" 😅  Can you back up your statement with some facts/evidence?

5 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

😂 yeah, that's right. 🤣  "unethical" 😅  Can you back up your statement with some facts/evidence?

https://www.thespruce.com/biggest-lawn-care-mistake-2152862

https://www.rspb.org.uk/get-involved/activities/nature-on-your-doorstep/garden-activities/stop-mowing-your-lawn-for-nature/

There seem to be an awful lot of very sensitive and triggered Queens Park fans on here.

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

....and we all know why the grass is so lush and green at Gayfield.....

12 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

The cynic in me also wonders whether there's any chance he's getting a bit of first team game time right now to increase his value though! Playing Championship football no doubt massively increases his price tag compared with anything he had been doing before.

Probably some truth in that, as let's face it, that's essentially the grand plan to keep the club sustainable.  

I have my doubts that he'll be off anytime soon; if he were to go to Arsenal, Brighton, whomever, chances are he won't be playing for that team at any meaningful level for a while, so off on loan elsewhere it'd be and I doubt he'd get a game in the Championship down south...so you'd be looking at League One, more likely League 2 or lower, which is brutal - a long season, with lots of travelling for constant Tue & Sat games.  It may just be that he may decide that given his age, he'd develop better in Scotland....he's got time on his side.

All conjecture at the moment, but on a basic level though, you put, when you can, your strongest eleven on the pitch and so far McKenna's not really put a foot wrong so far, (kiss of death right there), so it'd be harsh to 'rest' him.

15 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

....and we all know why the grass is so lush and green at Gayfield.....

Sea air, it is a wonderful thing.

Hope we can get our act together and get some points, we need to put in a performance.

No real reason why we can't give QP a part of the terrace and might have to anyway if they sell out their stand tickets.

1 hour ago, Spider1975 said:

I was thinking more along the lines of not risking damage to McKenna if there’s a big money signing, with follow-ons, on the horizon. If it’s legit, the coach won’t have a say in his availability. New club, new rules.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

37 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Probably some truth in that, as let's face it, that's essentially the grand plan to keep the club sustainable.  

Yep, but at the same time if we have that much faith in him then his value will only go up and up so if I were making the decisions I'd tell the lot of them to GTF.

I’d go with the same XI, although I’d have no objection to McPherson or Healy coming in. The McKenna thing will take care of itself either way. If he’s fully focused, I’d play him. That’s no disrespect to Ferrie, but the kid has earned the gloves and they should be his to lose until he either drops off or leaves in the next fortnight. 

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I was thinking more along the lines of not risking damage to McKenna if there’s a big money signing, with follow-ons, on the horizon. If it’s legit, the coach won’t have a say in his availability. New club, new rules.

Brighton have just pocketed £116m.  They could give us £16m and still have £100m to play with. And we'd still have Ferrie. Delicious. I'm in!

Anyway, Saturday. I see us getting better every game and would like to think we can convert a few more chances this week. I can't see the Lichtie defence being that good again. 3-1 to the QP.

2 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

😂 - brilliant links in support of your argument.

OK back to reality, Can you back up your statements with some facts/evidence?

5 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

😂 - brilliant links in support of your argument.

OK back to reality, Can you back up your statements with some facts/evidence?

Are you saying that biodiversity isn't reality? 

Seriously though, before that joke escapes any further, what else could I possibly have been referring to when I mentioned "ethical" grass cutting!  😂

The fact we are playing at an actual proper football stadium this time on a proper well looked after grass pitch (One of the best surfaces in Britain) I am going for a routine 3-0 win against the boring over hyped kids of amateur Queens Park. Tbh I am already putting them in the rear view mirror and concentrating on Morton away on the 26th.

Next 🇱🇻⚽🔥

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

19 minutes ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

The fact we are playing at an actual proper football stadium this time on a proper well looked after grass pitch (One of the best surfaces in Britain) I am going for a routine 3-0 win against the boring over hyped kids of amateur Queens Park. Tbh I am already putting them in the rear view mirror and concentrating on Morton away on the 26th.

Next 🇱🇻⚽🔥

Somewhat disillusioned methinks but with odds of 30-1 at the bookies got to be worth your life savings...

48 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Are you saying that biodiversity isn't reality? 

Seriously though, before that joke escapes any further, what else could I possibly have been referring to when I mentioned "ethical" grass cutting!  😂

So, say QP replace the pitch(es) with meadow grass and wild flowers so that bees can frolic unhindered. Then some nutter from Arbroath would accuse them of cheating because they are used to playing on it.