QP v Arbroath - Arbroath v QP

That was a one sided game as I have witnessed in many a season.

We must be more clinical is the cry; however, first we could maybe have a wee shot at goal every now and then.

That said, it is a joy to watch the football on display, and they will only get better. 'Mon the Southside Young Team. 

Rampant first half, shoulda been out of sight. Always gets a bit nervy at 1-0 and I thought we’d fucked it but thoroughly deserved winner.

Minor gripes - I thought we bypassed the midfield a bit too much and we need to get a bit more joy from the corners. But some excellent fitba today and can see us getting better by the week  

Young team - will be plenty ups and downs - but fancy us to be a good watch this season. 

2 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

So a full time team with a huge stack of cash winning a game by a single goal causes this kind of gloating?  Interesting.  

If you can't cope with full time teams beating you, ask Dick to get you relegated and then you can complete with like teams. 

Or.....you can do as you did two years ago and be better than the full time teams.

No one's gloating; the comments reflect how the game was. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Can anyone tell me what the reason is for the reverse fixture being played this Saturday?

Moving a midweek game to an otherwise free Saturday due to both failing to progress in cup. Probably suits players and most fans better. 

5 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Moving a midweek game to an otherwise free Saturday due to both failing to progress in cup. Probably suits players and most fans better. 

Yeah makes sense. I had forgotten that the midweek round was the reverse of yesterday's fixtures. I doubt you'll find many folk arguing that a trip to Arbroath on a Saturday in August is much more appealing than a Tuesday night in October. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

Great highlights. We’re well on track to scoring some very sexy goals this season…

Didn’t realise quite how far out of position Tizzard was for the goal - not even close to playing him offside. Hooked straight away and looked to me like he huffed straight into dressing room. One to watch there.  

11 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

we need to get a bit more joy from the corners.

It's been a constant unfortunately so far. Too many dead balls end up in the hands of the keeper. It's something that can be addressed.

Still, happy enough with the performance. On another day, we would have converted a couple more from all the crosses that flashed across the front of the goal.

10 hours ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

At the end of that game, our defence was:

Cameron Bruce : 17

Charlie Fox : 24

Alex Bannon : 19

Cameron MacPherson : 19

Average age of 19.75, welcome to the new Queen’s Park. Excellent trust we’ve put in our younger guys

Not far off Campbells age adding them together.... 

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah makes sense. I had forgotten that the midweek round was the reverse of yesterday's fixtures. I doubt you'll find many folk arguing that a trip to Arbroath on a Saturday in August is much more appealing than a Tuesday night in October. 

Bizarrely this doesn't seem to be a thing any more. I noticed it last season when we played I think Queens and Falkirk played Kelty, but the next time we played Queens, Falkirk played Edinburgh or something. I'd always thought the fixtures for each "Gameday" were the same, with the order jumbled up a bit but seemingly not. So we played Dundee Utd yesterday but play Inverness on the midweek round. We are both out the cup so could switch it but given our injury list I think we'll just take the financial hit for a midweek game.

2 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Didn’t realise quite how far out of position Tizzard was for the goal - not even close to playing him offside. Hooked straight away and looked to me like he huffed straight into dressing room. One to watch there.  

Fox is the left sided centre-half and it’s him charging out to follow Dunnwald-Thuram that creates the issue that leads to the goal. Tizzard’s line should maybe be a bit higher, but I think it’s unfair to say he’s ‘out of position’. I thought he was alright the rest of the game, it was a nonsensical booking. 

8 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Fox is the left sided centre-half and it’s him charging out to follow Dunnwald-Thuram that creates the issue that leads to the goal. Tizzard’s line should maybe be a bit higher, but I think it’s unfair to say he’s ‘out of position’. I thought he was alright the rest of the game, it was a nonsensical booking. 

I like Tizzard a lot. He’s quite clearly not the finished article which is expected but immediately after a couple games, he’s got the raw attributes to be a very very good defender at this level. I think the booking early doors affected his game a bit and taking him off after Arbroath’s equaliser was probably the right decision. It was key to not have players on the pitch with their head gone in that moment

Thought Fox was exceptional yesterday and looks back to the player we all know he is. Knowing he’s now tied down for 2 years is superb 

7 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

It's been a constant unfortunately so far. Too many dead balls end up in the hands of the keeper. It's something that can be addressed.

Still, happy enough with the performance. On another day, we would have converted a couple more from all the crosses that flashed across the front of the goal.

Reference Spider's Talk, Marjin Beuker talked of wide crosses having a goal success rate of 1 in 20. Gaston is a decent 'keeper and while I appreciate Fox stating previously he'd like to get a few more goals via headers and, much as I like him, Tizzard doesn't seem to have possessed much of an aerial threat so far, I'd have thought that given our style of play, more use would have been made of shorter corners played to feet to keep the pressure on. 

Edited by Spider1975
typo