QP v Arbroath - Arbroath v QP

2 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Are the rumours true that Queens Park have asked for fans not to applaud, but would prefer fans to silently wave white hankies?

You lads will be waving the white hankies when the QP goals tumble in.

If ever a post might come back to haunt me, this is it.

6 hours ago, Broath Boy said:

Queen's Park v Arbroath - Important Information

Please note that no drum or any other musical instrument will be permitted to be taken into The City Stadium (Lesser Hampden) for the match against Queen's Park tomorrow.

Going to be fun the morn.

I wondered how long it would take for the blazers to make a decision I’d agree with…

13 hours ago, Blablabla said:

Am I allowed to take my moothie, it's been on my person for the best part of 45 years, I'm not letting any toffee nosed blighter to force my moothie off me, it will be pistols at dawn if they try that nonsense

You'll have to smuggle it in "internally".

21 hours ago, Broath Boy said:

Queen's Park v Arbroath - Important Information

Please note that no drum or any other musical instrument will be permitted to be taken into The City Stadium (Lesser Hampden) for the match against Queen's Park tomorrow.

Going to be fun the morn.

Is this actually for real?...if so, I might have to go and buy one myself and see if they let home supporters in with them....unbelievable!

15 hours ago, Blablabla said:

Am I allowed to take my moothie, it's been on my person for the best part of 45 years, I'm not letting any toffee nosed blighter to force my moothie off me, it will be pistols at dawn if they try that nonsense

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

You'll have to smuggle it in "internally".

Better avoid beans or curry in case you give the game away!

1 hour ago, Spider1975 said:

Is this actually for real?...if so, I might have to go and buy one myself and see if they let home supporters in with them....unbelievable!

We had stewards asking us to sit down literally within seconds of us standing up to clap two weeks ago. Another thing I don't understand is why there have to be so fucking many of them.

I have the major fear for this - hoping it’s one of they days where you come away pleasantly surprised. I know we are capable too so there’s a slight bit of hope there, I think we’ve got a much better team than last year on paper and even on an individual player basis it’s clear to see but we have just looked so easy to play against as a team so far. 

Not looking forward to it 

23 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

We had stewards asking us to sit down literally within seconds of us standing up to clap two weeks ago. Another thing I don't understand is why there have to be so fucking many of them.

In the (as ever excellent, thanks guys, keep up the good work) Spider's Talk Podcast a few weeks back, Marjin Becker talked about atmosphere and crowds getting behind the team etc.  We're told that the club are trying to build a community support.  People will come to see a) good football, (which we're providing) and be part of b) an atmosphere, (which we'll desperately need when we move to Hampden).  A few years back AVFTT had a 'wee short' regarding some local schoolkids who started going along to watch Dumbarton, their local team, along with their drum - the club, rightfully, embraced it.  It's a real shame that we can't seem to follow suit.

17 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

I wondered how long it would take for the blazers to make a decision I’d agree with…

1 hour ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Can't have a drum, that would disrupt the cellist in the corner

7 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Bring back the trombone!

Aye what happened to him

If things are not going well in the first half DC has to find the courage to make early changes if required - last week against United changes in the midfield should have happened in the first half - it was clear to everyone the formation was not working.

No player will like being subbed in the first half - but if it's not working it's something that will need to be considered - the option of doing nothing last week cost us 4 goals.

Expect a few changes in midfield today.

I still have flashbacks of that rotten 1-0 defeat at home last season when we were flying high so not taking anything for granted today (plus no Stephen Eze to an absolute backside of things) 

Would carry on with the same team. Of course McPherson has been signed but you simply can’t drop Longridge after his performance last week. Maybe it’s coming with regular matches but similar to Kilday last season, Longridge looks fitter, more mobile and generally looks a championship level player again. Think I heard he was hit covid pretty badly around 18 months ago which may have undoubtedly affected his performances as his legs looked gone at one stage but fair play to him, he’s been excellent so far 

Edited by qpfc