QP v Arbroath - Arbroath v QP

4 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

So same defence, and then it looks like Gold will be playing a sitting role (which he has shown he can play), then McKenna pushing forward, and just one up front.  Not quite what I would have done, but better than last week's gung ho insanity.

Entirely predictable 

14 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

£7.30 for a pie and some sweets. 

I hope this club dies 

Ridiculous prices, why I always eat pre or post match, and take my own sweeties in.

The last time I had food at the fitba was a pie at the league decided at Killie, just to see what the fuss is all about (over rated imo). Otherwise it’s been years since I bought anything.

Anyway, the Bolly and Larks Tongue sandwiches in the Royal Box won’t pay for themselves.

15 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Ridiculous prices, why I always eat pre or post match, and take my own sweeties in.

The last time I had food at the fitba was a pie at the league decided at Killie, just to see what the fuss is all about (over rated imo). Otherwise it’s been years since I bought anything.

You should buy a pie at one of our home game!  Our steak and steak and black pies are absolutely phenomenal, and reasonably priced too (I'm not on commission).  For some of my non lichtie friends who come to games, our pies are a highlight.  I've never had a better pie at the football.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

You should buy a pie at one of our home game!  Our steak and steak and black pies are absolutely phenomenal, and reasonably priced too (I'm not on commission).  For some of my none lichtie friends who come to games, our pies are a highlight.  I've never had a better pie at the football.

Actually, thinking about it, I have had a steak and black pudding pie  a couple of times at Gayfield and agree that they’re delicious.

I don’t think it’s unreasonably to say we could be sitting at 3-0 or 4-0, we’ve just been guilty of overplaying which seems to have been the story so far this season. Good first-half for QP. 

Edit: Cheers to P & B for doing me dirty with the double post.

Edited by HoustonSpider99

Just now, HoustonSpider99 said:

I don’t think it’s unreasonably to say we could be sitting at 3-0 or 4-0, we’ve just been guilty of overplaying which seems to have been the story so far this season. Good first-half for QP. 

You can say that again 

4 minutes ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Oh, you have 

That was no more than a training exercise. How the score was only 2-1 I will never know. Arbroath offered absolutely nothing. We continue to be wasteful with the final ball. When composure comes from settling in we will roast a few teams this season. Love the style of play. It was like watching 2023 style versus 1950's kick and hope. Charlie Fox my MOTM. He was majestic.

But but but we’re a squad of kids… 

Surely we couldn’t compete with such physical specimens in Arbroath ? 

I’m not joking but that’s probably one of the most one sided games I’ve seen QP involved in for a long time. Would of been a travesty had Arbroath took anything from that

All round we were superb and a goal was nothing less than Paton deserved. He was outstanding today, as was Dom Thomas who was up against a right back that played like he was dragged from the stand to fill in 

Also Jack Spong might be the best footballer in the world. Absolutely faultless in the middle of the park 

This QP side are no mugs again this season

I had my doubts when I seen some Arbroath fans say they have a squad that would be incredibly competitive in this league. Today reinforced my doubts by x100. They looked awful everywhere. Bird looked hopeless up top. I worry the bubble might have burst now for Dick 

Edited by qpfc

24 minutes ago, ellichtie said:

What’s the deal with the fake crowd noises on the speaker from the director’s box side of the pitch? Absolutely fried me the whole game

It’s not. The acoustics are mad. The Queen of the South fans sounded like they were over in the royal box. Noise just bounces off the the big monstrosity. Having said that, I didn’t really notice it today.

In terms of the game, it would have been a travesty if we hadn’t won. Really like what we’re trying to do, but just a wee bit wasteful with the final ball. Pleased with the win and encouraged by a lot of aspects of the performance.