QP v Arbroath - Arbroath v QP

4 hours ago, timlichtie said:

It’s hard to see how we win any games in the Championship with the current squad

As soon as we address the issues with a left back and a defensive midfielder we will then have a decent chance of having a good season.

We have some really good players ( of that I am sure) - we just need these positions sorted and we should be up and running.

Problem is we might need to wait until the loan window closes - unless we are planning on signing a couple of new players.

The team will start to click soon - just need these positions sorted, it's really unfair playing such a good player as Stewart as left back ( as so many others have also mentioned).

Just now, Mission said:

We move back to big Hampden after this game.

Aye. We are the “lucky” ones that get to play there in the league. It was always going to be us though. Absolutely no chance they were scheduling United or Partick to play before the move. 

32 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Aye. We are the “lucky” ones that get to play there in the league. It was always going to be us though. Absolutely no chance they were scheduling United or Partick to play before the move. 

Unfortunately QPFC don't either a) get to generate the fixture list, or b) get to decide when and which concerts are scheduled for Hampden.  I believe the delay was due to the pitch having to being relayed post Red Hot Chilli Peppers....all of which was planned (I believe) prior to the fixture list being announced

As per previous comments, don't think  anybody is overly impressed with the administrative side.

11 minutes ago, Spider1975 said:

Unfortunately QPFC don't either a) get to generate the fixture list

When 3 of the originally scheduled 4 opening games of the season (now 4 out of 5) are away from home, and the one home game isn't against one of the teams that will bring a bigger, more lucrative support, then I dare say someone at Queen's might have made a few suggestions.

10 minutes ago, Chester Desmond said:

When 3 of the originally scheduled 4 opening games of the season (now 4 out of 5) are away from home, and the one home game isn't against one of the teams that will bring a bigger, more lucrative support, then I dare say someone at Queen's might have made a few suggestions.

Ah well, hopefully they can organise our ball to be nicely warmed prior to the Scottish Cup draws then....give us something lucrative and/or favourable at Home

Edited by Spider1975

4 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Firstly, I'd drop Hylton.  No reflection on him, but if you're going to play a gung ho left winger, you need a supporting defender, and we don't have one.  We actually have a right back, so I'd play Stowe as a marauding right winger, as it is a better balance, with possibly Dow on the left in a deeper role.  I would also take Stewart out of that left back role, he got totally destroyed last week, and I felt bad for him, as it wasn't his fault.  Given our lack of defenders, surely its got to be Gold who goes in there?

Having watched (kind of) the Utd game, I thought the 4-0 flattered them a bit.  Thought Jay Bird started brightly and that Hylton actually did a fair bit of defensive work; it was more the Slater, O'Brien, Stewart triangle that was a little weak.  QP arguably stronger on the left, so switching Dow across may not be the worst of ideas.  A/The midfield of Spong, Thomson, Thomas and Hepburn I reckon will be too strong for Arbroath, especially if Balde has another shocker.  Gaston consistently good and our defence whilst very comfortable on the ball will, this season, give a few cheap goals away.

Closer than many will think, (hope I'm wrong) and with the potential to be relatively high scoring, (guaranteed 0-0 now), I think QP's pace and movement will be enough....4-2 

2 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Problem is we might need to wait until the loan window closes - unless we are planning on signing a couple of new players.

Loan window closes end of September I’m sure. you happy to give all are rivals an even bigger head start 🙈

6 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Remember when ICT didn't have Caledonian Stadium ready for the start of their first season in the premier league? They were forced to play at Pittodrie until they had played every other opponent an equal number of times. 

Funny how these rules don't appear to apply when it comes to Glasgow clubs.

5 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Remember when ICT didn't have Caledonian Stadium ready for the start of their first season in the premier league? They were forced to play at Pittodrie until they had played every other opponent an equal number of times. 

3A645F90-DC54-4243-A602-EF8EC63FFBAD.jpeg.03385f2bd4422cec7d8d7eaf2c9191e9.jpeg

11 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Funny how SPL rules from 2004 don’t appear to apply 

32 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Yeah, back then it had to be 6,000 seater stadium too.  

Rules change.

1 hour ago, lichtgilphead said:

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

Funny how SPL rules from 2004 don’t appear to apply 

30- love