QP v Arbroath - Arbroath v QP

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

Can't believe I'm saying this, but after his performance up in Inverness I think it'd be harsh to drop Longridge immediately!

Completely agree.

Last year under OC it looked very much like Longridge was done and only seemed to be used at the end of the season when OC had apparently run out of ideas.  The games I've seen pre-season, Livvy where he played CDM/CM and Motherwell at RB, he's looked really sharp and brought a great deal of leadership to the team.  I'm guessing he'll likely start the game at RB with McPherson potentially coming on 2nd half?

Edited by Spider1975

8 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Are Queens offering streaming?

edited to add, proper streaming, not that pixellot rubbish.

No. The ruling is, I think, that we can't allow anyone with a UK ip to view the stream, so the club have taken the view that the overseas market ain't that worth it at the moment. How some clubs who stream get round the ruling, I couldn't comment.

5 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Ben McPherson on loan from Celtic confirmed, so there's our right back.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but after his performance up in Inverness I think it'd be harsh to drop Longridge immediately!

I don't think anyone saw Longbridge being so effective at right back. He has certainly been a revelation. Still, we now have terrific cover.

Looks like Stewart at left back again

I hope Gold is fit

Gaston

Steele

Little

ToB

Stewart 

Balde

Gold 

Slater 

McKenna 

Hylton

Bird

Is how I’d go. Left back obviously just cannot be sorted at the moment but would like to see us try something different in middle of the park. Gold to sit. McKenna absolutely has to play. Then would go with Slater as other player in there. Balde right midfield 

Absolutely no reason why Arbroath can't get a couple of goals tomorrow - we have the strikers who can do this - provided they get the service from midfield.

Obviously we are all hoping for a new left back to be announced soon - but would rather not have Stewart playing there, he can be put to better use in his proper position.

If Scott Allan does not involved in games soon you would have to assume he will be looking for a move.

Score prediction 1-2 Arbroath.

1 hour ago, Broath Boy said:

Queen's Park v Arbroath - Important Information

Please note that no drum or any other musical instrument will be permitted to be taken into The City Stadium (Lesser Hampden) for the match against Queen's Park tomorrow.

Going to be fun the morn.

I despair at hearing edicts like this.

21 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

No. The ruling is, I think, that we can't allow anyone with a UK ip to view the stream, so the club have taken the view that the overseas market ain't that worth it at the moment. How some clubs who stream get round the ruling, I couldn't comment.

It costs me £6 to stream for three hours to no-one. It costs me ~£6.30 to stream to one person. ~£6.60 to three people and so it goes...  I forget the cost of  the API that checks your IP address but I think it was like a £1.70 per game last year on average. It costs £0 if no-one triggers the API to check their IP address. 

Often people buy for their club only so they might pay the monthly sub and only watch one game. It's not retirement money but it probably paid a player (or two depending on who you pick) for the year last season. I'd bargain on making more money with the bigger audience in the Championship.

3 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Are the rumours true that Queens Park have asked for fans not to applaud, but would prefer fans to silently wave white hankies?

Yes, and don't forget that if you rustle your sweetie wrappers too excitedly you'll be taken out back and shot.