Oxford Street disorder

Is Oxford Street not just like any other of Britain's shitty high streets now ? Packed with American Candy shops and Turkish Barbers.

Looking forward to the hauls of Jolly Ranchers and hair wax being posted on social media.

10 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Unfortunate but I would hope that minimum paid shop staff would stand aside and not got involved.

But you’re happy for them to be put in that situation in the first place?

Bit crazy that we've no had London riots since 2011, when those were seen as youth disaffection at the policies of the Cameron government, yet we've seen nothing in response to a bunch of actual fucking fascists dragging us back to the stone age. 

It's odd that middle and upper-class students now seem to be more militant, and more inclined to actively 'stick it to the man', than the folk who are being beaten down the most.

Has your local hunt been made illegal? Hounds at a loose end? Are you missing chasing things across the countryside? Try Suella's new urban take

Those responsible for the disorder witnessed in London's Oxford Street area should be "hunted down and locked up", the home secretary says.

24 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Is Oxford Street not just like any other of Britain's shitty high streets now ? Packed with American Candy shops and Turkish Barbers.

Looking forward to the hauls of Jolly Ranchers and hair wax being posted on social media.

Slight upgrade on the jumbo bags of basmati rice that were looted back in 2011.

E07849EA-F172-4AB4-AC28-571781EED97A.jpeg.a58eee5016d292fc27993491fee71e08.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Lets not kid ourselves here that this is some sort of political statement, it's a bunch of chancers who fancy a new pair of trainers for free 

Thats all it is , any middle class thoughts that its some attempt at fighting back against Tory policies is quite funny though and made me laugh so its all good

I live not far from a real shithole area and a few years ago there was some really deep snow and the local Lidl was looted. I went along to watch it.

Folk who have never worked a day in their life summoning superhuman strength to drag wheelie bins full of custard creams up the road. Old ladies carrying 8 litres of milk in each hand. It was madness. Eventually someone hotwired a jcb and dragged the safe out of the office then caved the roof in.  

It was a strange carnival atmosphere. Exciting and shocking too especially when the building collapsed.

The gardai couldnt get there for the snow.

I didnt go in because with my luck they would arrive when i was inside. And all the good stuff was gone by the time i got there!

https://youtube.com/shorts/PoP1JfMEEw0?si=jOujXMa5h3JUs_QN

3 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I live not far from a real shithole area and a few years ago there was some really deep snow and the local Lidl was looted. I went along to watch it.

Folk who have never worked a day in their life summoning superhuman strength to drag wheelie bins full of custard creams up the road. Old ladies carrying 8 litres of milk in each hand. It was madness. Eventually someone hotwired a jcb and dragged the safe out of the office then caved the roof in.  

It was a strange carnival atmosphere. Exciting and shocking too especially when the building collapsed.

The gardai couldnt get there for the snow.

I didnt go in because with my luck they would arrive when i was inside. And all the good stuff was gone by the time i got there!

https://youtube.com/shorts/PoP1JfMEEw0?si=jOujXMa5h3JUs_QN

So basically, for the sake of a few custard creams and some milk, they destroyed probably the only discount supermarket in the area. Great move. 

36 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It's almost like rioters and looters aren't making a political statement and just want free stuff.  

It’s almost like people who the system has shite upon for years sometimes take it out on whatever is nearby, even if it hurts them in the long run. Oxford street certainly isn’t an example of that then.

Edited by TxRover

They've twigged that hitting shops in groups means they can steal what they want with impunity because staff are told not to intervene. Loads of videos of gangs of people doing it in America probably inspired them.

They're not Wolfie Smith, they're thieves.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Bit crazy that we've no had London riots since 2011, when those were seen as youth disaffection at the policies of the Cameron government, yet we've seen nothing in response to a bunch of actual fucking fascists dragging us back to the stone age. 

It's odd that middle and upper-class students now seem to be more militant, and more inclined to actively 'stick it to the man', than the folk who are being beaten down the most.

Aye because the London riots were totally caused by the youths disaffection of Camerons policies...