Falkirk vs Stirling

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

It was our best performance of the season so far but we were decent in the first two games as well. We actually started in very similar fashion to the Annan game at 100mph, the difference then is we didnt take our chances and they grew in belief until we eventually scored.

I suspect it was a combination of Stirling being well below par and us being bang on it leading to such a one sided match 

We started the league well, but it's not like we blew Edinburgh or Alloa away.  Hard work, good organization and team spirit had a lot to do with getting the points.   Against Falkirk we were always going to punished for mistakes and have a hard time breaking them down.

I thought we'd have to be at our best to get anything from the game and better than we'd been in the first two matches.  We weren't. I'm not going to turn on the team over it and I'm not going to take away from Falkirk's performance  with excuses  either.  The full timers romped it and well done to them.  I 'm already over it and hopefully the team soon will be too.  

Edited by WC Boggs
Typo

8 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

Well, that was utterly appalling. 

No fight, no energy, no gameplan. Falkirk played well, particularly in the first half, but they are such a one dimensional team in that almost every attack follows the same basic pattern and yet we still couldnae lay a glove on them. Of course, us having an energy sapping cup tie on Friday night and Falkirk having an extended break was a factor, but there's absolutely no excuse from some of the woeful passing and decision making on display there. 

No-one really played well for us, but at least Lewis Milne put in a half decent shift, and the keeper was blameless for the goals. A real off night, and its frustrating it had to be against them, the team I hate losing to more than any other.  The next game between the sides at Forthbank should be pretty tasty now, I can't see us playing as poorly as that again. 

Incidentally, I've not seen any highlights - but for the penalty in the first half - The handball looked to have been committed by the Falkirk player, can anyone clarify? Not that it matters of course. 

BIG improvement needed for Saturday at home to Kelty. This team has rightly received a lot of praise recently, but that was completely honking tonight. 

What a seeth. We are one dimensional ? 😂😂

Edited by Mr Grimsdale

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Wasn't at the game, obviously, but I'm slightly bewildered by the apparent surprise at a full-time, title contender swatting aside a part-time, newly promoted side at home...

I wouldn’t say “surprise” is the word but some fans appear to revel a bit too much in what should be standard victories. What is a surprise is getting the business done early on.

7 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

No fight, no energy, no gameplan. Falkirk played well, particularly in the first half, but they are such a one dimensional team in that almost every attack follows the same basic pattern and yet we still couldnae lay a glove on them. Of course, us having an energy sapping cup tie on Friday night and Falkirk having an extended break was a factor, but there's absolutely no excuse from some of the woeful passing and decision making on display there. 

No-one really played well for us, but at least Lewis Milne put in a half decent shift, and the keeper was blameless for the goals. A real off night, and its frustrating it had to be against them, the team I hate losing to more than any other.  The next game between the sides at Forthbank should be pretty tasty now, I can't see us playing as poorly as that again. 

Incidentally, I've not seen any highlights - but for the penalty in the first half - The handball looked to have been committed by the Falkirk player, can anyone clarify? Not that it matters of course. 

BIG improvement needed for Saturday at home to Kelty. This team has rightly received a lot of praise recently, but that was completely honking tonight. 

IMG_1043.jpeg

7 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

I think you are being a bit hard on your team. You were always going to struggle against the 1st real opposition you faced in your 1st season after being promoted.  You should view games against title favourites as a free hit and let your players enjoy their big day out.

It's the games against the likes of Edinburgh that are important as you aim for the magical 8th spot and safety.

Players often look like they are having an off day when they are being so outplayed.

You enjoy your one sided rivalry Stirling largely an irrelevance to us

26 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I wouldn’t say “surprise” is the word but some fans appear to revel a bit too much in what should be standard victories. What is a surprise is getting the business done early on.

I was under the impression from some Bino's fans that they were some sort of promotion juggernaut 🤷‍♂️

If that were a boxing match the ref would've stopped it as Stirling were on the ropes for long periods. 

Really good performance and not sure what Stirling can do at Forthbank to change the game - park another bus maybe 🤔

1 minute ago, Blame Me said:

I was under the impression from some Bino's fans that they were some sort of promotion juggernaut 🤷‍♂️

If that were a boxing match the ref would've stopped it as Stirling were on the ropes for long periods. 

Really good performance and not sure what Stirling can do at Forthbank to change the game - park another bus maybe 🤔

To be fair they didn’t come and park the bus they just couldn’t get any control of the game.

We we’re right in their faces from the off and the early goal scunnered them.

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

To be fair they didn’t come and park the bus they just couldn’t get any control of the game.

We we’re right in their faces from the off and the early goal scunnered them.

True. They weren't even as good as that.

32 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I don’t like this phrase normally but - it was all about us last night. We we too good for them last night and didn’t allow them to get in the game.

That's pish.

Complete off night for us. We weren't at the races from the first whistle. Players struggled to make five yard passes, closed down quickly and Falkirk were clinical in the first half. We tightened up a wee bit in the second half but damage had been done. Well done Falkirk though. I was at a couple of your games last season and you were absolutely gash. A very decent atmosphere inside the stadium as well - fair play lads.

A couple of your new signings have made a big difference. Spencer is far too good for this level. Absolute boss in the middle of the park. 

Onto Kelty for us. This team has been absolutely sensational for several months now so not going to be too critical after a defeat against the second best team in the league. We really need McGeachie, Leitch and Hilson back and fully fit. Feel like we lose a fair bit having a CB playing right back. Without Leitch, the creativity within the team dwindles significantly but more noticeable against full-time opposition.  

2 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

I think you are being a bit hard on your team. You were always going to struggle against the 1st real opposition you faced in your 1st season after being promoted.  You should view games against title favourites as a free hit and let your players enjoy their big day out.

It's the games against the likes of Edinburgh that are important as you aim for the magical 8th spot and safety.

I think there is an element of truth in this. Going through the Stirling team it's still mainly the League Two side and doesn't look particularly strong on paper. I was impressed in the two games against Alloa though with how they set up, really solid and well organised and with some kind of attacking threat when they got up the park. They were all also obviously pulling together. Against an Alloa side struggling to find any coherent shape that was enough for two narrow wins. It will be enough to keep them up comfortably I'd say and the plan will surely be to add more quality as the go on. But against the better League One sides, teams who actually carry an attacking threat, and particularly if those teams get ahead early and put the onus on Stirling to go at them and create, I don't think it's any great surprise if they struggle in those circumstances. 

I'd expect Alloa to struggle against Falkirk on Saturday too.