St Mirren vs Motherwell Sat 19th Aug 2023

Molotov

8 hours ago, welldaft said:

In summary the Paisley losers are a 1000 points behind us in top flight league points. A 1000 points. Inject that into your veins. 

Asuming we lost every game and you won every game that would take 9-10 seasons before you caught up. When in reality it will never happen. Always in our shadows. Enjoy your win in the diddy cup. But by Christ you are not even close to us in terms of league success. Not even close 😂

9C3634E8-C96B-41F5-B153-7B78D8D8D568.png

How many trophies / open top busses has this "advantage" gained you.....oh yes one LESS than us. Brucie was wrong when it comes to Scottish football,  unfortunately outside the arse cheeks points don't make prizes, cup runs do for our clubs.

9 hours ago, welldaft said:

In summary the Paisley losers are a 1000 points behind us in top flight league points. A 1000 points. Inject that into your veins. 

Asuming we lost every game and you won every game that would take 9-10 seasons before you caught up. When in reality it will never happen. Always in our shadows. Enjoy your win in the diddy cup. But by Christ you are not even close to us in terms of league success. Not even close 😂

D2D24AFD-F7D9-40A4-B638-5894DDEA1566.thumb.jpeg.ddb82ab51c5488009e7d2c720a54f12e.jpeg

It’s no shame to lose against a bigger and better team mate, a team just better all over the park with higher attendances etc, absolutely no shame in it at all 👍

1 hour ago, GAD said:

It's good that Welldaft has clarified multiple times over several threads that he's expertly "fishing" for "bites" and it's actually all the St Mirren fans who are absolutely raging, because that may not have been clear to the casual reader.

I think we can all agree that P&B is a more than decent fitba’ forum where things never truly get out of hand in regard to abuse or the kind of shite you get on ‘X’ or whatever. One of the biggest minter tactics though is posting complete and utter pish, then if there’s replies, play the ‘I got bites’ card. That means two options. One, you’re a walloper who genuinely believed and posted your angry shite, then whipped out the Malpas Must Go banner ‘was only fishing for bites’ card. Or, two - you’re simply a walloper who deliberately just posted angry shite, not believing a single word, you just spent time typing utter shite only looking for bites on a forum.

Either way, you’re a walloper. 🫡

Edited by pozbaird

Those 1000 extra points got you 3 spots higher in the all time table?

Superb stuff! Congratulations on that amazing achievement! 

14 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Those 1000 extra points got you 3 spots higher in the all time table?

Superb stuff! Congratulations on that amazing achievement! 

Thank you Captain. That is very gracious of you to acknowledge. About time too. Most of your fans stick there head in the ground or come up with the we have won 1 more cup (yawn yawn)……

We are by some distance a more successful club in terms of the top league over its entire history. I know it stings a little bit but it is what it is.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Buddies 👍

Edited by welldaft

I don’t think Dunne hit the boy hard enough if I’m honest.

it really should of been more than 1-0, we never really got out of 1st gear, McMenamin seemed to be playing with a cigar behind his ear for most of the match.

11 minutes ago, McG said:

I don’t think Dunne hit the boy hard enough if I’m honest.

it really should of been more than 1-0, we never really got out of 1st gear, McMenamin seemed to be playing with a cigar behind his ear for most of the match.

I actually thought McMenamin struggled to get into it a wee bit, thought McGinn did a decent job on him for most of the game.

11 hours ago, welldaft said:

:lol:

Are people still using that very commonly debunked table? That's not fishing, that's tripping over your own shoelaces.

Seems Motherwell fans are both totally not bothered about the result, yet equally seem keen to bitch about it, and us.

FWIW, our games are always close and for anyone to get pissed about a 1-0 loss either way seems dumb. We controlled the first half and in the second Motherwell got better but not that much. The tackles at the end are a tough one to judge. I wasn't at the game, and the video evidence we have is hardly conclusive. The only true arbiter in that case is the referee. Yes, the referee was Collum but it's not like he is shy about showing cards, especially if unnecessary. IMO, I think both tackles probably deserve a yellow, but I'm happy to return to that idea if we get better video.

The positive side of the loss for Motherwell, is they can now concentrate on their league survival.

Edited by Ric

15 hours ago, tam the bud said:

There were 4 opened when i walked past at 2-55. 

With the belter of a goal at your end, maybe we did you a favour  😅

Aye, two of them were "closed" (as in they were open but the security wasn't allowing anyone to go through them at the time. 

They could have done is a bigger favour and kept us out for the 90 minutes. We wouldn't have missed much anyway.

After the game I said in the car that I thought if VAR had been there it’d have been upgraded to a red.  He absolutely gets the ball, but follow through catches the player, only mitigation may be that part of that was down to a slip.  

No mitigation for McGinn… or for Kettlewell.  

Any footage of this stonewall penalty they were denied?