The Little Things.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

When the coins in your wallet add up to the exact price you're trying to pay.

That and when the cashless society brigade get f***ed over when a card machine fails.

Or when the register rings up an exact dollar amount (we don’t get sale tax added until the register rings it up in the U.S., stupid).

1 minute ago, Newbornbairn said:

Kicking/heading/catching a ball booted into the crowd during a game. 

I have been going to football for over 50 years and not once have I caught/kicked/headed the ball when it is booted into the crowd.

11 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

I have been going to football for over 50 years and not once have I caught/kicked/headed the ball when it is booted into the crowd.

At Ayr, walking back to my spot behind the goal with my Bovril during the warm up, a ball came flying over the crossbar and into the terracing. I caught it full on the volley and put it back neatly through a gap in the metalwork under the roof. Didn't even spill my Bovril.

No one noticed and no one cared. 

Despite the sore muscles I do love the stretch you get from waking up after doing a long  Munro walk day before, it's a strange feeling of being goosed and refreshed at same time from an awesome sleep.

Anytime a random dog comes over to say hi to you is another.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I claim an assist for that. Ball in to the terrace, cushioned return, right to the thrower, long throw, goal!

I was holding a pie too.

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

At Ayr, walking back to my spot behind the goal with my Bovril during the warm up, a ball came flying over the crossbar and into the terracing. I caught it full on the volley and put it back neatly through a gap in the metalwork under the roof. Didn't even spill my Bovril.

No one noticed and no one cared. 

I'm not sure I would consider these "Little Things".

If I had done them, they'd definitely be on the shortlist for things I'd want written about in my obituary

36 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm not sure I would consider these "Little Things".

If I had done them, they'd definitely be on the shortlist for things I'd want written about in my obituary

It was stars aligning. At Kilsyth, the only one near the ball and it hit the edge of a terracing step in front of me and sat up perfectly.

3 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

Once punched the ball away. Pure fluke as I was just putting my hand up to run it through my hair.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Oh would also like to add catching something that's fallen out of a cupboard/fridge when opening it. There's every chance if you didn't it would have smashed to f**k and pissed you off for the day.

Soft touch with the foot surely beats a catch?