Fife Derby: Pars vs Rovers - Sat 26th August

10 minutes ago, P.C said:

A good chunk of those responsible for that decision were forced out or ultimately had to leave (ie McGlynn). We have increased our ticket costs for the season, invested in other revenue streams and have other plans in the pipeline. The spending of part of the plan in place from the group who came in. If there is a reason to be concerned then the fans will bring that up. So far there are more positives than negatives

McGlynn wasn't forced out though, he was celebrated for winning the challenge cup a couple of months after the incident, and wouldn't leave until the end of the season where it was more down to poor results, and even then Sim offered him a new contract. 

Re the furlough issue, the Pars, if anything, were on the side of right there.

There were players out of contract, whom we had no intention of offering new contracts to.  The board took professional advice and were told that offering minor extensions, just so that furlough claims could be made, wasn't what the legislation was about and could potentially lead to repercussions down the line - essentially as it would have been manipulating the situation to screw the taxpayers.

Hopefully McCann is fully fit. He’ll have a field day if it isn’t a natural full back in their positions he is up against. Euan Murray likely to start? We’ll need to watch him like a hawk from set pieces if so. 

I’d be very confident if we had Todd, KRH, and Wotherspoon (I know he hasn’t signed) all available, but if the rest of the guys are fully fit, then we have reason to believe we can win this. 

8 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Hopefully McCann is fully fit. He’ll have a field day if it isn’t a natural full back in their positions he is up against. Euan Murray likely to start? We’ll need to watch him like a hawk from set pieces if so. 

I’d be very confident if we had Todd, KRH, and Wotherspoon (I know he hasn’t signed) all available, but if the rest of the guys are fully fit, then we have reason to believe we can win this. 

I'd have you as strong favourites tbh, your league results have been a bit more impressive than ours, despite the same points total.

Edited by renton

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Well, no, because your fans went along with the lavish spending informing everyone Masterton had written the club in trust before the classic one two of a teary "I just want ma club tae survive" then gleefully celebrating creditors getting 0p in the £.

Standard KDM group resident behaviour - while Rovers fans put in the work to force change they sit back and go along with whatever their board say.

You've spent the whole summer dropping "conservatory" money all over the place. Expect to see the old bed sheets on Halbeath Rd on Saturday calling for the board to be out. 

21 minutes ago, renton said:

Can we not just all agree we're all morally bankrupt tossers and move on?

We’ve formed an odd kinship with Airdrie based largely off our equal distaste of Falkirk, so I’d be happy to add Rovers to this unholy alliance 🤝

Edited by Cardle is Magic

On the game its going to be difficult to know what we will get. Brown, Hamilton and Bryne aren't all match fit but are essential to getting a result. As has been mentioned we don't know yet how the rest of the midfield will shape up but Smith performances need to merit a start.

I'd like to see more of Ross given his impact from thr bench tho imagine he won't start given his style of play being more direct. 

These games are normally close affairs, we'll minus the 5-1 game, so I'm suspecting it might go much the same way as the League Cup match. I'm not in the 'oh f**k we're missing Liam Dick, Dunfermline now big favourites' as we've got the personell further up the pitch to cause them problems. I'll go for 2-2 with Lewis Vaughan scoring the equaliser after diving for a penalty in the 93rd minute.

9 minutes ago, Raithie said:

These games are normally close affairs, we'll minus the 5-1 game, so I'm suspecting it might go much the same way as the League Cup match. I'm not in the 'oh f**k we're missing Liam Dick, Dunfermline now big favourites' as we've got the personell further up the pitch to cause them problems. I'll go for 2-2 with Lewis Vaughan scoring the equaliser after diving for a penalty in the 93rd minute.

and the 4-1 game the same season.

52 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

If McCann is fully fit and plays on the left he'll be up against a proper right back. No idea how good KRH is he's never played Championship level but you have to remember that the Viaplay game we had no recognised defensive midfielder playing, we had a midfielder at rightback and an 18 year old at CH. We also had our top scorer from last season out who is still out. You mention Wotherspoon who much football has he played since the summer and there is no guarantee he'll sign. Having said all that this for both teams should be a tight competitive game which will decide nothing over the course of the season except bragging rights come 5pm.

Edited by raith1974
Spelling

I can understand why Pars fans aren't fussed about that season under Crawford but we were a good side and fun to watch, allowing for the occasional McGlynn brain worm.

Those matches definitely count, as do that season's play offs.

5 minutes ago, renton said:

I can understand why Pars fans aren't fussed about that season under Crawford but we were a good side and fun to watch, allowing for the occasional McGlynn brain worm.

Those matches definitely count, as do that season's play offs.

Amazed they don't just wipe Crawford's management from their history. Pumped 3-0 courtesy of the King of Fife in the Scottish Cup too. 

image.jpg.0a74db4d23f7531f982db70408443ce0.jpg

Do we have to go through the administration stuff every single time in these match threads? It's been done over and over and it's so dull. There's really nothing left to say about it (although I'm sure there will be a response to this trying to do that).