Fife Derby: Pars vs Rovers - Sat 26th August

Deserved win for the Rovers. We could have played all day and never looked like scoring tbh.

Good crowd in but a really poor quality game overall I felt. Raith sat back second half and we couldn’t lay a glove on them.

A really disappointing performance from the Pars.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

After doing pretty much nothing, Rovers get a lucky break from a clearance and take advantage. Poor from us after looking the most likely to score. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Otoo done the hard bit. It was quite a lucky break. Should probably just have put it out for a corner at that angle. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Ross Millen also should have been booked for putting a ball on the pitch when we were about to take a throw. No idea how that one is just a “talking to”. 

53 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Rovers only look like scoring from mistakes from our defence. We have been all over them but they are defending well and getting the breaks. 

42 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Genuine world class save he shouldn’t be making. One of those games today. Just can’t get a break at all. 

24 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Exceptionally frustrating. Nothing went our way at all today. O’Halloran was a bawhair away on great balls from Wighton 3 times that I can think that we would be expecting goals from. 

Smash and grab from Rovers that. 

image.gif.d554a929ae36734b4eeeb5545e9ad4fa.gif

image.thumb.jpeg.decdebdc608d0b4e51a901ded3fcf96c.jpeg

Credit to Raith, a bit of pressure forced us into a very poor mistake for their goal and otherwise kept us at bay all day. Defended with the confidence and solidarity I’d normally expect from us.

From our perspective, not enough on our bench to change our fortunes and a lot of huffing and puffing, but a poor outing all things considered. That one will sting for a bit.

Was quite disappointed in Byrne’s behaviour whilst Fisher was choking as well. Not befitting of what I’d expect from him, even if he’s wearing a Raith shirt.

Edited by Andriy_Parmolenko

Fair play, rovers took their opportunity when it mattered.   Surprised how much of the ball we had and we got into decent areas but never truely had the cutting edge.

felt rovers game management in the second half was really good, the type of stuff that gets everyone raging if your behind but exactly what you should be doing when in front.

I know there has been issues with supporter behavior, I think it was largely fine today but shouting dig a hole and booing someone chocking has to be the scumiest behavior I think I’ve seen at the football,  not many involved but those that were need to have a proper look at themselves. 

Edited by parsforlife

What a bloody good game. 
ebbed and flowed. Raith put the ball into the net, so they deserved to win. 
we could still be trying to score until this time Monday, and failing. 
rovers managed to silence our fans for long periods of time, and that tells it own story. 
Please McPake, get us a bloody striker pronto. 

1 minute ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

Was quite disappointed in Byrne’s behaviour whilst Fisher was choking as well. Not befitting of what I’d expect from him, even if he’s wearing a Raith shirt.

Wasn’t captured on the video I saw, what exactly happened?

4 minutes ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:
5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I know there has been issues with supporter behavior, I think it was largely fine today but shouting dig a hole and booing someone chocking has to be the scumiest behavior I think I’ve seen at the football,  not many involved but those that were need to have a proper look at themselves. 

Wtf is this shite about? Never saw anyone choking?

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Wasn’t captured on the video I saw, what exactly happened?

Looked like he was checking on the Pars players welfare, but parsforlife will have had a better view hanging out of that stand throwing tissue paper. 

1 minute ago, RR #1 said:

Wtf is this shite about? Never saw anyone choking?

Second half. No idea what happened but there was a big noise from that section while he was getting treatment.

There were a lot of objects being chucked when we had the ball down by the corner at points. Overall the atmosphere was decent though. 

37 minutes ago, Nat Weederburn said:

Fair play to Raith, defended for their lives and were clinical. Evidence we need to add in the attacking areas as O'Halloran was mince and Wighton/McCann were dead on their feet by the end. 

Defended for our lives……..erm hardly. Just another Championship team we have to beat. Nothing more, nothing less. GIFUY