Fife Derby: Pars vs Rovers - Sat 26th August

Magic that. 
We were hanging on a bit in the second half and didn’t play well but who gives a f**k in a derby. 
This is a different Raith team, can’t see anything less than 4th in with this squad.  
Wighton is league one level - pleasing.

Thoroughly enjoyable trip to the big city and thankful 5500 pars fans got to see the wee team tuck them up.

Minter day.

It was last ditch and defend for lives stuff, and we just couldn’t get anything to stick. Sorely missed Matty Todd and KRH today. I think KRH could could have been the one to unlock the door.

We still need signings.

Edited by DAFC.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

What did the pars boy choke on? 

I'm going to assume chewing gum, didn't see what happened on the lead up to it but he was struggling. 

Really good battling performance today, not a lot of decent football played by either side, but lots of effort. Chalmers looks like he's never played the game before at times though, surprised Hamilton didn't start for Dunfermline. 

Our Hamilton had an up and down game, won a few in the air but no one running off him and didn't anticipate much when the ball was in the box, his positioning was poor when Mullin whipped in a few good balls. He'll adapt and get better I assume. 

5 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I'm going to guess Chewing gum.

That was my first thoughts, hopefully lesson learned if so,   Should be made a bookable offence to be using it on the pitch, far too many players putting themselves in danger doing so and current rules can’t seem to stop it

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

It was last ditch and defend for lives stuff, and we just couldn’t get anything to stick. Sorely missed Matty Todd and KRH today. I think KRH could could have been the one to unlock the door.

We still need signings.

29 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Fair play to Rovers. Deserved the win. They capitalised on an error and it was a good cross and then a great flick from Stanton.

Second half, we had a lot of the ball and seemed to get into good areas, but I don’t think we troubled Dabrowski at all. Also nearly conceded a second when Bene got caught sleeping. Sharp did well there. Overall, the Rovers game plan worked better than ours.

Not too disheartened, as I don’t think we were outplayed or outclassed. On another day, we probably take one of those chances and Otoo doesn’t get caught ball watching for the goal. But it seemed to be a common theme that the Rovers attackers were catching our defenders napping. Obviously something they were expecting/prepared for.

Special mention to Dabrowski for his exceptional save from Comrie in the first half, when it was still 0-0. 

Very sensible and reasonable post.

Less of this please. 

Chalmers is an interesting player.

Seen him a few times now and he’s either an absolute standout and looks SPL level then he’ll dither and take far too many touches. Must be frustrating.

Delighted with the win with a 6/10 performance. 

2 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Chalmers is an interesting player.

Seen him a few times now and he’s either an absolute standout and looks SPL level then he’ll dither and take far too many touches. Must be frustrating.

Delighted with the win with a 6/10 performance. 

I was just done saying to my old man he'd turned into prime Pirlo and then he proceeded to have a mare for the next half hour. 

Good player though, after his first season with us (the worst i've ever seen from a player) he's actually come onto a game and makes us tick in midfield.....most of the time. 

I mean, its only an assumption as he wasn't choking on his tongue given the way they treated him. Glad he's alright though, looked a bit shit for him. I thought Byrne went for water and checked he was OK, but view from the away end wasn't the best for it.

What was with the train tifo thing, other than being totally pointless?

4 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

I was just done saying to my old man he'd turned into prime Pirlo and then he proceeded to have a mare for the next half hour. 

Good player though, after his first season with us (the worst i've ever seen from a player) he's actually come onto a game and makes us tick in midfield.....most of the time. 

Can’t disagree. Easily one of the best players in the league when on song. 
Don’t quite understand the criticism he seems to get.

Anyhow for us today I’d give Dabrowski the MOM. He’ll get a lot of confidence from today after having a growing number of punters on his back.

Surely the way the game played out cant be a surprise to anyone...we have even less going forward than last season when we weren't exactly free scoring. If the Rovers scored it was always going to be tough. Even with Todd and KRH back, we need to sign some players soo  ffs

11 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I mean, its only an assumption as he wasn't choking on his tongue given the way they treated him. Glad he's alright though, looked a bit shit for him. I thought Byrne went for water and checked he was OK, but view from the away end wasn't the best for it.

What was with the train tifo thing, other than being totally pointless?

The only other thing I can think of is he maybe got a tooth knocked out and chocked on that,  but you would have expected a bit of blood if that was the case.

The train thing was about us being a city,  certainly a bit petty. 

Glad to see we "did our talking on the pitch"

Dunfermline fans have mentioned a game against Falkirk where McPake let them have the ball all game as he knew they would do nothing with it, and Murray essentially did the same thing today.  Looked like a team very much dependent on defensive solidity, who weren't very solid in defence today.

Rovers weren't great at all today, we are yet to get out of 2nd gear this season really in the league, but defended superbly.  Ground out win, which we didn't see enough of last season.  

Keith Watson and Euan Murray were fucking superb today. Ian Murray said in pre season that we needed two centre halves who want to header everything and throw themselves in front of the ball - and that’s exactly what they did. A blood and guts performance from both of them. McGill filled in really well at LB and covered Murray a couple of times when he got caught wrong side. Didn’t think Byrne, Brown and Stanton really worked as a midfield 3, but I’m not really sure. Stanton scored and should’ve really had a second so I’m happy to concede it can’t have been that bad. 

Hope Murray’s injury isn’t too bad. We could do with him and Watson just being fine all season.