Fife Derby: Pars vs Rovers - Sat 26th August

7 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

😂 the chant from the Rovers end asks the right question to be fair. 

It's either the weirdest protest about a city not having a mainline train route or the worst attempt at goading away fans about something vastly irrelevant. 

Was thinking about this today. Probably the worst Tifo I’ve ever seen at a match. Closely followed by that one in the Ramsdens final that The Rangers fans produced. Absolute shite. 😂😂😂

31 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

😂 the chant from the Rovers end asks the right question to be fair. 

It's either the weirdest protest about a city not having a mainline train route or the worst attempt at goading away fans about something vastly irrelevant. 

Sooooooo many bedsheets

11 hours ago, Craigus said:

Where have the Pars fans gone that were trying to convince us that Cafu Millen is shite? 🤫

I don’t think a single person said Millen is shite?

We said he *was* shite for us several years ago and noted surprise that he had gone on to become a regular at a Championship club.

14 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Subject was a bit shit this time but the guy puts a lot of effort into this and it's all self funded. No bed sheets were harmed during the making etc etc

I thought it was good. Obviously can't look too much into the logic behind it but it pokes a bit of fun at the townie nickname but I don't think anyone should take away from the time or the effort put in. Much like raith TV, I'd expect there's quite a few folk who will be down at the ol' KDM during the week getting it prepared.

The more both clubs have a presence, whether offline or online, to build up our game the better. It's far too easy to be "rivals try something : shite" when lower league Scottish clubs are up against so much televised football. There's something to be said about being at a game and having a tangible connection with your team.

10 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Anyone know how many Rovers fans there were? 

It's odd, the tickets sold didn't really seem to reflect the amount of fans there at all. It looked like you could've maybe fitted the fans into the three upper sections which would be about 1200, maybe some spill over so about 1200-1400. However as said three sections were sold which would be 1600 at least. It was a cracking attendance though and it was a good atmosphere. 

20230826_151502.thumb.jpg.574f3156ae52ede0ece4b31f0d6eb52f.jpg

10 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Last season’s third tier must have been really poor if Dunfermline only lost one game last season, as they looked wretched today. 

If I were James McPake, I’d probably have signed more players who were capable of playing well in the league this season.

Can only imagine this has been written after a few celebratory pints, but it doesn't make much sense really. 

If we were as dreadfully poor as you are making out then surely you'd be concerned with Raith not running riot? I fully get that the result is the most important thing at the end of the day but performance wise I'd say it was two evenly matched sides, with Raith taking there chance and us fluffing our lines (Bad Misses from Comrie and MoH). It happens, it's some amount of hyperbole to suggest that based of today that our players aren't capable of playing well in this league, odd post. 

Fair play to Raith though on a big win, would've been some buzz. I'm gutted I can't make the first away league derby for us trying to get some revenge. 

On a bit of a seperate note what happened with Fisher? Seing the heimlich maneuver was worrying at the time. 

Watched the highlights and you’d be hard pushed to say Dunfermline weren’t unfortunate to get something out of the game. 
The shot that hit the post at 0-0 being unlucky and there was a feeling of hanging on for me as we had wave after wave of corners and crosses to deal with. 

I do think we’ll properly click a few times this season and give a few scuddings out (hoping ICT is one of them).

On the assumption there’s not some fantastic recruitment in these next few days I see the pars finishing 5th or 6th which I’m sure they’d deal at.

One thing - it wasn’t as bad as the previous time at EEP but I don’t know how some sort of fine isn’t levied at the club for the constant items being chucked at players from the NW section. It isn’t a good look.

Wholly agree that the need to "big up" games on social media, get behind kids access, support tifo displays etc it is vital for clubs outwith the OF.

There seems to be a bounce in support for local clubs and as such fair play to those putting in the hours. . The Pars tifo was hard to read and a pretty naff concept but it's great to see these groups across Scotland who definetly add to atmosphere.  Their efforts should be applauded. 

The throwing of stuff on the pitch is however noticeable and its going to be a shame that it will take a player getting injured to stop it. Wouldn't do the organisers any favours if that happened. 

10 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Watched the highlights and you’d be hard pushed to say Dunfermline weren’t unfortunate to get something out of the game. 
The shot that hit the post at 0-0 being unlucky and there was a feeling of hanging on for me as we had wave after wave of corners and crosses to deal with. 

I do think we’ll properly click a few times this season and give a few scuddings out (hoping ICT is one of them).

On the assumption there’s not some fantastic recruitment in these next few days I see the pars finishing 5th or 6th which I’m sure they’d deal at.

One thing - it wasn’t as bad as the previous time at EEP but I don’t know how some sort of fine isn’t levied at the club for the constant items being chucked at players from the NW section. It isn’t a good look.

On your last point, you’re right. It’s mostly scrunched up bits of paper which isn’t that bad (still no right), but at about 28/29 seconds in on this video you can see something landing on the park which is a coin or a lighter. Happens every time we play there. 

23 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

It's odd, the tickets sold didn't really seem to reflect the amount of fans there at all. It looked like you could've maybe fitted the fans into the three upper sections which would be about 1200, maybe some spill over so about 1200-1400. However as said three sections were sold which would be 1600 at least. It was a cracking attendance though and it was a good atmosphere. 

There were 4 sections sold out just the section on the far right of the picture which wasn’t before the game, albeit I don’t think the front few rows were sold in any section.

Even accounting for some groups standing together and being more than one person per seat, there still seemed much less in attendance than tickets sold. Good atmosphere nonetheless though as you say. Probably had over 6000 Rovers fans at our last 3 games, with two being away from home, definitely a step in the right direction. Hopefully another good crowd on Saturday.

9 minutes ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

Big fan of the Dunfermline fans on here mocking us getting former players to send videos of support because "it's just another game" to them, then bringing out a massive tifo of a train.  What's the tifo gonna be for the home game against Morton in a few weeks lads?

Edited by Hank Scorpio

4 hours ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

Big fan of the Dunfermline fans on here mocking us getting former players to send videos of support because "it's just another game" to them, then bringing out a massive tifo of a train.  What's the tifo gonna be for the home game against Morton in a few weeks lads?

If one person says “it’s just another game” it doesn’t count for everyone. I don’t know one Pars fan that views our games as the same we would an ICT or Morton at home.

Wasn't there yesterday as was at a wedding. Had a watch of the highlights there, not sure what Otoo is doing for their goal but he’s been decent this season so I suppose he’s allowed the occasional brain fart. O’Hallaron has to score the both chances that came his way, why the hell he’s not put his head on that one I’ll never know. A certain Mr Todorov would have put it away, still not over him not being resigned. I fully expected him and O’Hara to have been replaced with “quality” that McPake always rambles on about.

Anyway, well done to Raith, got your goal and dug in, very similar to our win at Falkirk last November.

Missing KRH and Matty Todd badly. Unlikely Matty will even be in training by time we meet again in October but Kane should make the bench next Saturday at least.

Heard Rumours of both Rudden and Jakubiak yesterday. The Rudden one was from someone who has got these things right in the past, and Jakubiak reported in the Courier. I’d take both at the moment.

FWIW I really like Wighton but he does his best work between the half way line and the box, linking up etc. He had a good return last season but the team were doing really well and he was full of confidence. I just don’t see him as a true #9 and getting those sort of numbers again this season.

See you cnuts in October 👍🏻

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

If one person says “it’s just another game” it doesn’t count for everyone. I don’t know one Pars fan that views our games as the same we would an ICT or Morton at home.

Wasn't there yesterday as was at a wedding. Had a watch of the highlights there, not sure what Otoo is doing for their goal but he’s been decent this season so I suppose he’s allowed the occasional brain fart. O’Hallaron has to score the both chances that came his way, why the hell he’s not put his head on that one I’ll never know. A certain Mr Todorov would have put it away, still not over him not being resigned. I fully expected him and O’Hara to have been replaced with “quality” that McPake always rambles on about.

Anyway, well done to Raith, got your goal and dug in, very similar to our win at Falkirk last November.

Missing KRH and Matty Todd badly. Unlikely Matty will even be in training by time we meet again in October but Kane should make the bench next Saturday at least.

Heard Rumours of both Rudden and Jakubiak yesterday. The Rudden one was from someone who has got these things right in the past, and Jakubiak reported in the Courier. I’d take both at the moment.

FWIW I really like Wighton but he does his best work between the half way line and the box, linking up etc. He had a good return last season but the team were doing really well and he was full of confidence. I just don’t see him as a true #9 and getting those sort of numbers again this season.

See you cnuts in October 👍🏻

The good thing about the fife El Classico is it doesn’t have the baggage and 💩 your games against Falkirk do. Aye I love it when we beat you , some absolute roasters on here do my head in at times but your a bunch of guys and gals (cnuts😉) supporting your  local team instead of the easy option of the old firm or joining the duloch branch of the hearts / hibs supporters club. See you feckers in October 😉💪🏻🔵⚪⚽

Edited by Been going too long

18 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

The good thing about the fife El Classico is it doesn’t have the baggage and 💩 your games against Falkirk do. Aye I love it when we beat you , some absolute roasters on here do my head in at times but your a bunch of guys (cnuts😉) supporting there local team instead of the easy option of the old firm or joining the duloch branch of the hearts / hibs supporters club. See you feckers in October 😉💪🏻🔵⚪⚽

That’s it. I don’t want to lose any games of football, mainly not to you guys and Falkirk but that’s football. For a long time we’ve done well at home against you guys, and you’ve done well against us at Starks, it had to give at some point, just like our 27 game unbeaten league run. The last time we lost a league game in October 22 we went on a crazy run until  yesterday, I’d take some more of that! 🤣

Still can't stop thinking about that embarrassing tifo thingy, was it a school project of some sort?

A train featuring the words  "Inter City" despite being  of the sort of high speed train that would never have stopped (or passed through) any of their stations on the Fife circle.

But they are an odd bunch indeed. 
Dunfermline Athletic is plausible enough name, and they are a team from "The auld grey toun" yet they have long claimed city status. They have a nickname (The Pars) which nobody seems to know the true origin or reason for, and to compound their confusion on the front of their main stand there's a sign saying Pars United. 

So, Athletic, Town, City or United who are they? 
I can only think they are suffering from some sort of identity crisis. 

One thing we can say with absolute certainty, they are Fife's second club!

The image below is lifted from the above site, I can only guess its some local who's feeling (and looking) thoroughly sick at full time / being a Pars fan.

image.png

Edited by Scottydog