Fife Derby: Pars vs Rovers - Sat 26th August

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

His celebrations at the end were brilliant.ย 

ย 

He's a good example of a player who came in, didn't start well (particularly giving away a daft penalty to Caley)but since then he's proven that he's an asset to the team. He's an absolute wind up merchant. For me, it was the Motherwell game in the cup after Isma scored - he bombed it from the half way line to go celebrate with our fans rather than the other players. As you say, first over after the full time whistle today too. I get the feeling he's found somewhere that he's happy to be playing his football.ย 

You could see the difference in the Rovers bench today full of quality anyone of them could have ย played ย from the start and to think Connolly is still to come back , Rovers I donโ€™t think were great today but didnโ€™t really have to TBH , Second half the Pars had most of the ball but really created hee haw apart from hitting cross after cross in the box which was meat and veg to Watson and Murray also had a midfielder playing at left back makes the result even more enjoyable .

Otoo and McCann I really like for the Pars however the boy Breen at number 12 ? and oโ€Halloran oh my god dreadfulย 

32 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

He's a good example of a player who came in, didn't start well (particularly giving away a daft penalty to Caley)but since then he's proven that he's an asset to the team. He's an absolute wind up merchant. For me, it was the Motherwell game in the cup after Isma scored - he bombed it from the half way line to go celebrate with our fans rather than the other players. As you say, first over after the full time whistle today too. I get the feeling he's found somewhere that he's happy to be playing his football.ย 

He had a couple of the Morton team on a string the other week.ย 

One of their players was down injured near the end and being treated by the physio. Millen strolls across and helps himself to the water bottle their physio had brought out and a couple of their players were going daft at him as he nonchalantly walked off.ย 

It was hilarious.ย 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

He had a couple of the Morton team on a string the other week.ย 

One of their players was down injured near the end and being treated by the physio. Millen strolls across and helps himself to the water bottle their physio had brought out and a couple of their players were going daft at him as he nonchalantly walked off.ย 

It was hilarious.ย 

Massive WUM. Running over to that wee feral corner at the goal giving it the fingers in the ears is peak piss taking behaviour.ย 

Even though Dunfermline had a couple of decent chances thought we shaded the first half and took our only chance

Second half thought we sat a tad too deep but Dunfermline has something ti chase and we had something to hang onto which I thought we did well,saying that Sam has to score to make it 2 zip and make it a wee bit easier for the big support in the away end.Oh,well done to both sets of supporters for turning iut in numbers

Have to say Dabrowski save in the 2nd half was outrageous even though the guy was offside

All in all a typical derby,not much in the way of free flowing football but plenty blood and snot.

Thought the ref was of the usual standard,poor

Listened to McPakes post match interview and like Murray its refreshing to hear a balanced,unbiased view on the game unlike the utter drivel you hear from others

End of the day,we,re walking away with the 3 pts and the bragging rights and its a braw feeling

C,mon the wee team

ย 

ย 

Anyone know how many Rovers fans there were?ย 
ย 

A wee mention for some common-sense policing/stewarding today.ย 
When it became obvious that there were far more of the young team up the back than there was seats to accommodate them, instead of just making them all go back to their allocated seats they opened up the section at front so they could all still stay together.ย 
Thought it was refreshing to see that level of common-sense to avoid escalating any aggro. ย 

Last seasonโ€™s third tier must have been really poor if Dunfermline only lost one game last season, as they looked wretched today.ย 

If I were James McPake, Iโ€™d probably have signed more players who were capable of playing well in the league this season.ย 

Never mind, he got to celebrate in front of Dundee United fans two weeks ago, by sticking up the one all sign with his fingers, despite conceding a last minute equaliser. Great stuff!ย 

15 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Last seasonโ€™s third tier must have been really poor if Dunfermline only lost one game last season, as they looked wretched today.ย 

If I were James McPake, Iโ€™d probably have signed more players who were capable of playing well in the league this season.ย 

Never mind, he got to celebrate in front of Dundee United fans two weeks ago, by sticking up the one all sign with his fingers, despite conceding a last minute equaliser. Great stuff!ย 

They had a great season last time around, but when you look back at the teams who have been in the league previously it was night and day.ย 

In our first season after relegation, we were up against a full time Ayr side who got the best out of a trio of Shankland, Moore, Moffat and McDaid.ย In our second, we came up against an Arbroath side ran riot on the league with Bobby Linn running the show.ย 

Games like today are the perfect example of the difference between league 1 and the Championship. You'll get away with Otoo's defensive error in league 1 far more often. You'll also likely find opposition defences are far more liable to giving up goals. Obviously still need to get the job done, and teams are fucking horrible to play against as they'll generally go backs to the wall, but there is a difference in standards.ย 

Ironically, they could've used Todorov today as someone to freshen up their attack - the guy who had such a big impact off the bench for them.ย 

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Ironically, they could've used Todorov today as someone to freshen up their attack - the guy who had such a big impact off the bench for them.ย 

Todorov is an Airdrie player these days ๐Ÿ‘

Pretty insightful to say league 1 isn't as good as the Championship. Eureka

Fitba kicks you in the balls sometimes. Thought both teams were pretty average to be frank with Raith taking the chance that came their way whereas we could still be playing now and not score.

We desperately need extra bodies. No real options to change the game.ย  Unlike the game changers on Raiths bench.

Disappointing way to end the run but there you go. Well done to my Raith pals

On to next weekย 

Edited by da_no_1

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

Anyone know how many Rovers fans there were?ย 
ย 

A wee mention for some common-sense policing/stewarding today.ย 
When it became obvious that there were far more of the young team up the back than there was seats to accommodate them, instead of just making them all go back to their allocated seats they opened up the section at front so they could all still stay together.ย 
Thought it was refreshing to see that level of common-sense to avoid escalating any aggro. ย 

Numbers I saw tossed out suggests 1,700-2,000. As I understand it, 400 seats per section were being sold, with five sections eventually open.

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

๐Ÿ˜‚ the chant from the Rovers end asks the right question to be fair.ย 

It's either the weirdest protest about a city not having a mainline train route or the worst attempt at goading away fans about something vastly irrelevant.ย 

ย 

What the pars fans forget is they gave themselves the townie nickname, I worked there for 12 years( I know I got my jags first๐Ÿ˜‚) and if you spoke to anyone from Dunfermline they where fae the toon, going up the toon and if you said Dunfermline they said ย the toon( bit like geordies do) the city thing will never stick but it was a crap attempt at one up man ship imo ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚