Fife Derby: Pars vs Rovers - Sat 26th August

6 hours ago, DAFC. said:

It’s bizarre. I would get it if it was a league decider, but ffs. Again, just shows they hang everything on matches against us, then pretend not to be absolutely incandescent with rage when they inevitably get their arse handed to them at EEP.

McPake will let our guys do the talking on the pitch. 

Ahem.

Sit doon.

Exceptionally frustrating. Nothing went our way at all today. O’Halloran was a bawhair away on great balls from Wighton 3 times that I can think that we would be expecting goals from. 

Smash and grab from Rovers that. 

Just now, Brashy's Boots said:

Jeezo man, 25 to play and you've given up?

Aye, we could be there til tomorrow and no score. Unlike the Rovers we have nothing that can come off the bench. 

Fair play to Raith, got the goal and dug in. Didn't have to do much as we kept going wide and swinging it in for Watson and Murray to clear. Plenty set pieces but Chalmers having a stinker and Summers trying to hit ankles meant we were never creating anything worthy of note.

Stand by my assessment of Raith, they'll be up there with Queens Park and potentially Partick as the threats to Dundee United. We might make the play offs but we need more options in the final third.

6 hours ago, DAFC. said:

It’s bizarre. I would get it if it was a league decider, but ffs. Again, just shows they hang everything on matches against us, then pretend not to be absolutely incandescent with rage when they inevitably get their arse handed to them at EEP.

download (4).jpeg

6 hours ago, 101 said:

I mean yes great for us. 

Lol you can believe we were in for Byrne all you like, we weren't 😁 you social post presumably was in relation to him leaving Dundee and choosing Raith. Sorry to burst your bubble, however maybe you should scrape some cash together to assemble a bit more depth in you back line rather than add yet another CM? Just an idea.

The back line seemed to do well enough.

Sorry to burst your unbeaten bubble. 

Just now, Nat Weederburn said:

Fair play to Raith, defended for their lives and were clinical. Evidence we need to add in the attacking areas as O'Halloran was mince and Wighton/McCann were dead on their feet by the end. 

The early pace made the bench options a lot more critical late, and it did seem the Pars just didn’t have an option. I think both teams will be looking for a coiled of loans in the next month, so it’ll be interesting to see how they strengthen.

6 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Nae luck. 

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Just had an Intercity train at the front then carriages that were done up to look like they had Dunfermline Athletic spray painted on, graffiti style. 

Any photos?

16 hours ago, DAFC. said:

All these ex-players sending in videos to Raith’s Twitter page reminds me of those daft ex-Sevco players sending them in to Rangers’ Twitter to encourage fans to behave themselves in Seville. Quite tragic. “That mob” and other minter phrases getting spouted by losers (2011) like John Baird. Don’t let anyone tell you this isn’t their cup final. In McPake’s words “Just another game to us”  

We’ll stick to doing our talking on the pitch 😁 

Righto. 7,600 or so there, but just another game...

Adam Sandler Head Nod GIF

Think we were better the first half but gifted rovers a goal towards the end. Second half there was allot effort/presure from us but Rovers managed the game reasonably well and were organised enough to survive it. We had a couple of chances but didnt really cut them open.

Tight scoreline as predicted and I see Rovers as a playoff team that can scrap results out when required.

Our lack of quality going forward(same as last season where Falkirk and airdrie scored more) is still a problem. And also the lack of options from the bench to freshen it up which would have been useful today