St Mirren - v - Aberdeen 27 August

16 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Go on…..would love to know which ones I missed. 😂 

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The only obvious one I missed was Tanser should have had a foul against him in the first half for doing the Harry Kane special on the Aberdeen boy who went arse over tit and landed hard on his back. 

Wasn't nice to see and genuinely think in next 3 or 4 years it'll be clamped down on hard.

Apart from that, nothing controversial against Aberdeen. There were a lot of fouls given against you in first half but that was because Robson seemed to set the stall out for his defence to do everything they could not to let Olusanya turn them which mainly amounted to just foul him to stop it happening.

Nothing controversial, but that doesn't mean Beaton didn't get lots wrong. Olusanya throwing himself to the ground under minimal contact whilst we had players tripped or pushed with nothing given.

It happens. 

36 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Yeh but what I’m saying is that, *ignoring* the double touch, penalty should have been retaken due to encroachment from the Aberdeen boy 

Encroachment happens at almost every penalty and the only time anything is done about it is if the encroaching player scores a rebound.  I'm not saying that's right, it's just what happens. A bit like the six second goalkeeper law.

36 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

I think the Captain is being kind to you by suggesting the game should have stopped when the officials saw the encroachment.  Mind you if they didn’t see the obvious double tap they were never going to see the encroachment. 

"Obvious"?

32 minutes ago, AW saint said:

It's the inconsitency that kills you. Beaton looks at the screen for the penalty for Aberdeen but does not look at the actual claims for a double hit. 

All we are looking for is fairness

A double touch is a factual decision like offside, so will not be referred to the referee to relook.

23 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Sometimes the truth hurts. Aberdeen expectations are way above reality. Have been since Fergie left for the land of milk and honey. Aberdeen are bog standard on one of the Leagues highest budgets.  . 

Have another "Oh dear".

18 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I haven’t seen or heard anyone going overboard about where we’ll eventually finish. 

You want to read more of this thread. 

10 minutes ago, jaybeee said:

no, his hands were by his side , not in an unnatural position.........as per the rules

Agreed on that one.

We should have killed Aberdeen off.  We are dominating teams and not doing that.  Just look at our last three matches.

Aberdeen were the poorest team we've faced and they nicked a draw.  We can argue about VAR (and it was shocking today) but to be honest you can see why Robbo was so desperate for another striker.  We could have a re-run of last season where our percentage of chances converted is amongst the lowest in the league. 

I know we've scored seven goal in three league games but the amount of chances we are creating is frightening (for the opposition).  It's been a long time since we've looked this good going forward.

As for Aberdeen, could have been a bad day at the office but they looked really poor.  Their midfield was non-existent today which is probably the main reason Duk and Miovski were getting so het up  (Duk could easily have been red carded on that performance today).  They weren't even getting scraps to feed off of.

14 hours ago, kingjoey said:

"Obvious"?

Actually, no it wasn’t obvious. Having watched it a dozen times I don’t think it is certain beyond all doubt that Miovski hit the ball twice in the act of shooting.  VAR has set a high bar.  

Not entirely different from the ball that was clearly over the line in our game against Dundee but BAR could not see that beyond all doubt. 

Edited by Doonhame Buddie

Hold on a minute until I go overboard about where St Mirren might finish or what we might achieve. Give me a moment. Just another wee minute to ponder it…

OK. We might finish top 6 again, or we might just miss out. I don’t think we’ll be anywhere near the relegation spots. We might have a wee run in the cups. We might not.

Damn me and my OTT unrealistic expectations, eh?

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Hold on a minute until I go overboard about where St Mirren might finish or what we might achieve. Give me a moment. Just another wee minute to ponder it…

OK. We might finish top 6 again, or we might just miss out. I don’t think we’ll be anywhere near the relegation spots. We might have a wee run in the cups. We might not.

Damn me and my OTT unrealistic expectations, eh?

Sensi…nah lets not start that again

6 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

We should have killed Aberdeen off.  We are dominating teams and not doing that.  Just look at our last three matches.

Aberdeen were the poorest team we've faced and they nicked a draw.  We can argue about VAR (and it was shocking today) but to be honest you can see why Robbo was so desperate for another striker.  We could have a re-run of last season where our percentage of chances converted is amongst the lowest in the league. 

I know we've scored seven goal in three league games but the amount of chances we are creating is frightening (for the opposition).  It's been a long time since we've looked this good going forward.

As for Aberdeen, could have been a bad day at the office but they looked really poor.  Their midfield was non-existent today which is probably the main reason Duk and Miovski were getting so het up  (Duk could easily have been red carded on that performance today).  They weren't even getting scraps to feed off of.

We for sure do not need another striker, with Olysanyo.........who I thought was a waste of space, Mamdron........ who I thought, meh!", Grieve ........who I always liked, but figured he would chip in with a view but was never going to be a Basher or Yards, and Nahmani, who although only young is still an option; otherwise why is he here, then we have Ayunga, hopefully soon...ish and Lewis Jameison also, that means we have six strikers/forwards, all of whom (contrary to my own thoughts) seem pretty reasonable ...... or better than what we generally have, no disrespect intended to anyone club, management, players here, simply the financial fact of life for clubs of our size...............usually.  so why would we need one more?

I'm absolutely gutted. I would've bitten your hand off for a draw at half-time, but losing two points in that manner, particularly when we absolutely dominated the game, feels like a loss.

In terms of action and entertainment it almost had it all, but that's no consolation. 

I'm proud of the team and we honestly couldn't have asked for much more from the players. On to Livingston and hopefully three points.

One thing which concerns me is Robinson could be the next Hibs manager. His name will 100% have been mentioned in the Hibs boardroom already. 

Just now, jaybeee said:

We for sure do not need another striker, with Olysanyo.........who I thought was a waste of space, Mamdron........ who I thought, meh!", Grieve ........who I always liked, but figured he would chip in with a view but was never going to be a Basher or Yards, and Nahmani, who although only young is still an option; otherwise why is he here, then we have Ayunga, hopefully soon...ish and Lewis Jameison also, that means we have six strikers/forwards, all of whom (contrary to my own thoughts) seem pretty reasonable ...... or better than what we generally have, no disrespect intended to anyone club, management, players here, simply the financial fact of life for clubs of our size...............usually.  so why would we need one more?

I hear you and what you say makes sense... but the fact remains Robbo did want another striker.  

58 minutes ago, Molotov said:

One of the reasons is that fans of other clubs not involved in the game pitching in with their opinions. 

I don’t like to say….but we are currently “box office”.

I’d rather we just went under the radar as I fear that Hibs will come calling for Robbo. 

If high spending Aberdeen paid us decent compensation for Jim Goodwin who got the third biggest job in domestic Scottish football on the back of a lucky run of form then Hibs would be mad not to make an approach for our manager. 

I hope Robbo is settled in Paisley but the lure of the Hibs green £££££ may be difficult for him to turn down. 

😅😅😅😅

The St Mirren fans views have been wild on this site this last week. It is been  between  you and the bold Captain for the biggest mile out. You win it with your St Mirren are box office comment.

1 minute ago, Cossie MFC said:

😅😅😅😅

The St Mirren fans views have been wild on this site this last week. It is been  between  you and the bold Captain for the biggest mile out. You win it with your St Mirren are box office comment.

Oh dear.

Good to see Robbo remaining dignified in his interviews, not making anything of the VAR shitshow and heaping praise on the players.

Compare and contrast with that absolute shitehawk Kettlewell who is still bleating on about Dunne's tackle from last week.