Raith vs Queen’s Park, 2 Sept 2023

2 minutes ago, Craigus said:

Special mention to the boy sitting behind me surrounded by kids calling Vaughan a "a fuck1ng c*nt" when he lost the ball not long after coming on 😂

Great entertainment today, and another 3 points. Excellent 

That’s deserves a ban imo.

He can be a touch greedy at times but not enough superlatives to describe the lad. He is Mr Raith Rovers and will go down as a bonafide club legend for sure both for his play and length of service.

To come back from multiple ACL’s and play at a good level is a credit to both his mental and physical strength. Fortunately for us it’s the only reason he never got a crack at the SPL unless…👀🤔

3 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

This season has just been a brilliant laugh so far, and today wasn’t any different. Just looking about when I was leaving and everyone walking up the road with a massive grin on their face, it’s brilliant to see and long may it continue. 

I've noticed a few folk I went to school with who had no interest in the club, now along with their kids. I suspect the community foundation has done some stellar work in helping with stuff like that. It's great to see so many people getting invested in the club for the first time, whether they're young or old. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

19 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

This season has just been a brilliant laugh so far, and today wasn’t any different. Just looking about when I was leaving and everyone walking up the road with a massive grin on their face, it’s brilliant to see and long may it continue. 

As far as the red card goes, I thought he was in trouble as soon as he committed the foul. Totally agree there was a long way to go, but at the time, I wasn’t sure anyone was getting back to challenge him, so understand why he gave it, but at the same time, wouldn’t have been aghast at a yellow. 

Also said at the time I wasn’t sure it would suit us though. We were getting in behind that high line a lot, and (eventually) Queen’s Park dropped a little deeper, but regardless, I still felt pretty bullish that we’d win, until that equaliser. 

A couple of things that are noticeable about Dabrowski, and I’ve seen it every week now, players have given him a hard time during the game. It happened twice in the first 20 minutes last week, and you can see him visibly shrinking while it happens. 

I understand the frustration, but it doesn’t do him any good. As for the folk that decided to sarcastically cheer when he took a catch just after the equaliser today, absolutely bizarre. Idiotic to be honest. 

Fair play to the team though, they plugged away, and it looks like we have a squad you just can’t write off. I presumed we were going to have to settle for a frustrating draw, then I absolutely lost the run of myself at the winner. 

Also, fair play to Queen’s Park manager, Robin Veldman, who took off three of Queen’s Park’s key players after 80 minutes, which aided our comeback. Lovely stuff! 

Bang on

Good post bud

I think the communication will come between the defenders and Kev. There is clearly more than there was, but there is also still a good ways to go. “Fans” don’t act like those ones mocking our keeper after he made a mistake, those are morons. Again, Big Kev now has more than 10% of his lifetime starts in professional football with the Rovers…let that sink in…

He has obvious talent, now our job is to develop it to the highest level possible.

On a side note, McNeil was benched this week and last for McAdams at Edinburgh City…but the results have still been dire for EC, so hopefully McNeil will get some more starts.

One thing for sure the never say die from this group of players is amazing, it's not easy sitting watching updates on the Rovers feed and the BBC,  an opposition player gets sent off and you think Great we're up against 10 men for 60+ mins we should score a few more and then bang, suddenly it's all square and then getting beat by the 10 men was soul destroying at that moment in time, all credit to the boys for not giving up, but hey we've got to stop conceeding 2 goals a game from silly mistakes/lack of concentration/lack of communication, I just hope Dabrowski's confidence isn't shot to pieces tonight and the defenders can cut him some slack, they were young players themselves once upon a time 

I see someone saying the crowd 2,400 odd, but I'm sure it was read out as 2,984?

Also, add me to the minority who thought that was a red card. Hamilton was clear and the ref can't not give it just because he's guessing that one of the centre halves might be fast enough to catch him. 

If his substitution was tactical then that was a mistake, because despite missing a couple of chances he was a massive nuisance and causing loads of problems to the two centre halves. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

That defeat is 100% on Robin Veldman. At 2-1 up we looked more likely to score again than condece, and he's bringing on a 17 year old left back who struggled last week to hold a lead even though Tommy Robson had been great. Don't think there was much between the teams so that's very frustrating.

I thought we were far too wasteful and should have been out of sight , wasn’t overly impressed with you at all today but we all see games differently 🤷🏻‍♂️. Strange substitute to make with a boy so young and down to 10 men but glad he did.

2 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Yep,announced over tannoy as 2,984 but showing on matches link on official site 2,489 

Very good  crowd either way. We lose that game and 500 of them don't come back, but that win and the buzz at full time will probably have  them all back for the next league match.

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Very good  crowd either way. We lose that game and 500 of them don't come back, but that win and the buzz at full time will probably have  them all back for the next league match.

Our away crowd get announced? 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Kev was clear at fault for the first goal, but he nearly saved the defenders bacon on the second with a great first save. Every keeper has a howler now and then, but what a  time for it.

Kevin needs to learn that keepers get some leeway from referees,  go in hard for these challenges and you will receive forgiveness. 

16 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I see someone saying the crowd 2,400 odd, but I'm sure it was read out as 2,984?

Also, add me to the minority who thought that was a red card. Hamilton was clear and the ref can't not give it just because he's guessing that one of the centre halves might be fast enough to catch him. 

If his substitution was tactical then that was a mistake, because despite missing a couple of chances he was a massive nuisance and causing loads of problems to the two centre halves. 

Over-excitement by me when typing attendance into the website - fingers all jangly after commentating the second half (and yelling at the winner) for RaithTV 😉

Sent the correct attendance to Kirsteen in the Announcers booth 👍

2984 was the confirmed attendance.