Raith vs Queen’s Park, 2 Sept 2023

16 minutes ago, Nairney said:

At 1-0 up, those Queens Park goals were frustrating to lose… however, purely from an “entertainment” point of view coming back, in the way we did, was much more thrilling than grinding out a 1-0 win. Absolutely buzzing at full time!

I said the same at full time. If we'd cruised to a 2 or 3 goal win it wouldn't have felt half as good as that did. 

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Liam Dick's substitute appearance proved we need a better option for left back when we're trying to go forward. He does his best, but he's got nowhere near enough quality for what we're trying to do.

Did Liam Dick not provide the cross for the equilizer, what else does he need to do?

11 minutes ago, The Stig said:

Did Liam Dick not provide the cross for the equilizer, what else does he need to do?

I've genuinely no idea, to be fair, and if be did then credit to him. But you're not telling me you watched that 20 minute performance and thought he was a fluid part of the attacking unit, which is what you need a full back to be in a game like today. 

Ross Millen is a good example. Okay, every single cross he delivers is from deep, but he's excellent at it and he always knows where to be. 

Dick, on the other hand, never looks natural. As I've said before, he never gives less than 100%, I'm absolutely not faulting him on that front whatsoever, but he's second guessing everything once he crosses the halfway line, and it slows us down considerably. 

Defensively, he's very solid, and a lot of the time that's what we need. I'd absolutely have started him today ahead of Scott McGill, without doubt, but at the very least we need a second option for that position who can offer more than the basics going forward. 

I'd be amazed if, in two years time, Liam Dick isn't playing almost exclusively as a centre half. 

13 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

When did we last win 3 league games in a row? Didn’t happen at all last season. 

5 minutes ago, Michael W said:

September 2019. 

Michael W beat me to it but it was in our League One championship winning season, beating Peterhead, Airdrie and Forfar in consectutive weeks.

The run is bound to end soon as the next League Match is against Inverness at Starks.

2 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

One thing for sure the never say die from this group of players is amazing, it's not easy sitting watching updates on the Rovers feed and the BBC,  an opposition player gets sent off and you think Great we're up against 10 men for 60+ mins we should score a few more and then bang, suddenly it's all square and then getting beat by the 10 men was soul destroying at that moment in time, all credit to the boys for not giving up, but hey we've got to stop conceeding 2 goals a game from silly mistakes/lack of concentration/lack of communication, I just hope Dabrowski's confidence isn't shot to pieces tonight and the defenders can cut him some slack, they were young players themselves once upon a time 

I just hope our defenders (think it was Watson and A another)confidence isn,t shot after there utter comical defending at the 2 nd and Dabrowski cut them some slack

Onto the game.Should have been over by half time

Yeah QP played some nice possession football but you can have as much possession and play as many passes as you want but it doesn,t win football matches

Thoroughly deserved win

Don Thomas GIUY

2 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I’m assuming I may of missed this entirely but what’s the context to the giruy to Thomas ? Did he celebrate in a particular way when he scored ? 

Yeah running over to the south stand , giving it big licks to us, always does when he plays against us but he is a cnut and got his just deserves in the end 😂😂

24 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I've genuinely no idea, to be fair, and if be did then credit to him. But you're not telling me you watched that 20 minute performance and thought he was a fluid part of the attacking unit, which is what you need a full back to be in a game like today. 

Ross Millen is a good example. Okay, every single cross he delivers is from deep, but he's excellent at it and he always knows where to be. 

Dick, on the other hand, never looks natural. As I've said before, he never gives less than 100%, I'm absolutely not faulting him on that front whatsoever, but he's second guessing everything once he crosses the halfway line, and it slows us down considerably. 

Defensively, he's very solid, and a lot of the time that's what we need. I'd absolutely have started him today ahead of Scott McGill, without doubt, but at the very least we need a second option for that position who can offer more than the basics going forward. 

I'd be amazed if, in two years time, Liam Dick isn't playing almost exclusively as a centre half. 

We have just signed an attacking left back with lightening pace and who can run all day. He is only 18 though and just in the door, give him time

56 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Taking off Jack Thomson who had put in as mature a performance as I’ve seen the guy in an unnatural position in the 90th min for a 17 year old striker is as bizzare a decision as you’ll see all season 

It’s utterly indefensible. Everyone is on board with developing young players, but we’re not a youth or reserve team where results don’t matter. f**k about and experiment in Young QP games all you want. Even do it next week at Bala Town. The worst calls by a QP manager since Gardner Speirs dropped an acid tab and consulted a unicorn for his team selection at the Peterhead playoff. 

What a game. We may have already seen the game of the season. We pretty much dominated the first half and when Queens went down to 10 men it should have been a case of 'how many? 'But we never do anything the straightforward way don't we?

Felt a bit sorry for QP at the end as they probably deserved a point for their efforts, but this season we just don't give up.

Edited by bagpuss

2 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

The contrast of Raith being able to bring on the likes of Easton and Vaughan to try and win them the game, vs what we had, is quite something 

I'm sorry but you lot got millions of pounds in the bank and are still trying to build a staduim  nearly 3 years later with about 1500 capacity. Now back at hampden. You've no right to say anything. 

5 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

I'm sorry but you lot got millions of pounds in the bank and are still trying to build a staduim  nearly 3 years later with about 1500 capacity. Now back at hampden. You've no right to say anything. 

Bazinga Sheldon GIF - Bazinga Sheldon BigBangTheory - Discover & Share GIFs

5 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Regardless, the mentality of this squad can only be given credit. We went fully Murrayball and I think that this is the first time where it's worked out for us. Easton and Vaughan were superb when they came on, and Dick got an assist. Absolutely brilliant to see the south stand jumping at the end - there looks like there'll be a lot of good content from the club over the next few days. 

Looking forward to the highlights. 

Murrayball is very frustrating when it doesn’t work but it’s such a good laugh when it does. Makes seemingly run of the mill league games into something you’ll laugh about for a long time. I just hope we get to see the frustrating version in a few weeks time!

13 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

My point possibly came across as a “Raith have more resources than us” comment. That genuinely wasn’t the intention and it would quite rightly be ridiculed.

Was commenting on the fact you guys have realised the value of squad depth and having potential game-changers on the bench whereas our bench (through choices made by our director of football) is full of kids.

Edited by Spider Rico