Raith vs Queen’s Park, 2 Sept 2023

1 hour ago, Spider1975 said:

Despite how it might sound, I'm fully behind the project, but as stated elsewhere, Veldman (& Beuker for that matter) do need to realise a certain amount of pragmatism too, as I cant imagine the bean counters would be overly pleased with a dip down to L1.  I'm sure it was a fun debrief today!

Fully behind it as well, but he’ll rightly be criticised when he gets it badly wrong, just as he has been praised when things have gone well. If you’re being as well paid as I suspect he is, you have to get the big calls right. He cost us points on Saturday. It only becomes a major problem if it becomes a pattern, though. 

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I saw on the QP highlights that a wee lad in a white top threw something at Dom Thomas after he scored.  Hopefully someone at Raith sorts this out.

Dom Thomas is a w**k. He shouldn't get objects thrown at him though, so hopefully it is picked up on and dealt with. 

12 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I saw on the QP highlights that a wee lad in a white top threw something at Dom Thomas after he scored.  Hopefully someone at Raith sorts this out.

It was a bit of popcorn. The lassie next to him threw some as well. I don't think it actually reached him. And to be honest jumping about like a fanny in front of the home crowd after scoring probably didn't help. 

21 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Tell Dom Thomas to stop trying to wind up the home fans, celebrate with his teammates. Luckily it was just popcorn but if he doesn’t celebrate like that nothing happens 

14 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Tell Dom Thomas to stop trying to wind up the home fans, celebrate with his teammates. Luckily it was just popcorn but if he doesn’t celebrate like that nothing happens 

Well said.

Mind tell Ross Millen while you're at it lad....

Or is it one rule for one ex-Dunfermline player and a completely different rule for another? 😉

Edited by da_no_1

13 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

If fans don't get wound up by someone celebrating a goal after they've wound him up all game it wouldn't happen either. Weird we're blaming players for fans piss poor behaviour 

9 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Well said.

Or is it one rule for one ex-Dunfermline player and a completely different rule for another? 😉

In fairness, Millen's was objectively very, very funny given the wee feral corner at East end are constantly at it.

24 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Well said.

Probably more in keeping with the Pars player giving it to us after an irrelevant penalty shootout win TBH 🤭

But yeah, fans can't give it out for 90 mins and not expect to get a little back when said player scores a goal.

2 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

If fans don't get wound up by someone celebrating a goal after they've wound him up all game it wouldn't happen either. Weird we're blaming players for fans piss poor behaviour 

If it’s a wee guy throwing popcorn, it’s harmless enough. I absolutely love all that from both sides. Both the giving it out from the fans and the “get it up ye” from players and managers. Folk absolutely losing the heid is great stuff. Actually don’t know if I’d even like fitba if that wasn’t part of it.