Raith vs Queen’s Park, 2 Sept 2023

Just now, Raith Against The Machine said:

We've had the chances to get three or four, mostly thanks to Queen's Park's dogmatic insistence on playing a suicidally high line…Ironically, I think this would be pretty perfect for Kieran Mitchell.

Was thinking exactly that. He’s on the bench at Dumbarton, but the East Fife striker already has a yellow…maybe he’ll get to try there.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Weird take. Hamilton’s movement could and really should have got him a brace. 

But hasn't, so... also wasn't the point. You know football is also when you've not got the ball and try to win it back right? We're pressing with one man in Stanton and no support to capitalise on their balls across the back. As a result they're getting a lot of space, or were before the red card. 

8 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Folk greeting at the end of the half because they had a spell of possession. Absolutely incredible that folk get that wound up. 

5 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Disagree massively. Queens were threatening to score before the red. 
They’re passing round us with ease at times.

Last 5 minutes was ultra poor. It was like we were down to 10 men. 

Gilt edge chances missed from us whilst they’re playing suicide tactics 

Found him. 

Agree the red card seemed harsh, was a long way out and Hamilton isn’t exactly the most speedy so I have my doubts he’d have got through on goal without one of their defenders catching him.  But it’s one of those where he’s given the ref a decision to make when I don’t think he needed to do it.

Queens Park are playing some nice stuff but we’ve seemed fairly comfortable and I can’t remember Kev having any saves to make.  If they keep playng the way they are at the back you’ve got to think we’ll get another goal or two.

We've lost a fair bit swapping Hamilton for Gullan. As he always does, Gullan is drifting about all over the place instead of just battering and running behind the centre halfs like Hamilton was. 

Every time we knocked the ball up in the first half they went to shit, but we've lost that entirely. 

And deary me, what is that Dabrowski? Absolutely brutal. No excuses for that.