Raith vs Queen’s Park, 2 Sept 2023

27 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Been keeping an eye on McKenna the QP keeper on YouTube he’s a big loddie for 16 and I would think he’s future Scotland number one. 

He hasn't been flawless but he's handled a few situations brilliantly so far. You'd never, ever guess he's only 16. Looks very assured and, importantly, very confident. 

3 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

This Queen's defence need to be at least ten yards deeper at all times. They're leaving so much space for the Rovers to continually run and cross into. 

The ball round the corner/over the top has been on since the first minute. We got our goal and the red card from it. They’re still doing it with the 10 men. Crazy. 

The red was, probably correct by the rules and the cynical nature, but seems harsh…especially as we had just got a pass on a clear shove in the back. McGill’s been fine, with just one error there…the Queen’s Park keeper looked very uncomfortable early with balls at his feet.

Games done with that red. No doubt it’s a yellow for a professional foul but never did I think a red was appearing. Typical I’m sitting with Tizzard’s dad as that happens 

Edited by qpfc

3 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Not a red card and Hamilton is absolutely the wrong player to be up front on a game like this, so slow at helping Stanton press and giving their backline time. Very very slow infact. 

Weird take. Hamilton’s movement could and really should have got him a brace. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

A really dominant first half display. QP neat and tidy without actually threatening at all. Don’t think Dabrowski has made a save. We should really be more than 1 up. 

Disagree massively. Queens were threatening to score before the red. 
They’re passing round us with ease at times.

Last 5 minutes was ultra poor. It was like we were down to 10 men. 

Gilt edge chances missed from us whilst they’re playing suicide tactics 

We've had the chances to get three or four, mostly thanks to Queen's Park's dogmatic insistence on playing a suicidally high line. Neither Stanton or Hamilton are lightning quick but they've been in behind again and again. The keeper has made a couple of decent saves and we've been a wee bit wasteful with a couple of chances, but if that pattern continues you'd have to think there are more goals in this for us. 

If we weren't already winning, I think Murray would be thinking about swapping Brown or Byrne for another pacey forward. I suspect that'll come in time anyway. Ironically, I think this would be pretty perfect for Kieran Mitchell. 

QP haven't been completely out of the game, and they've got the players who can cause bother, but it's been sporadic at best. There doesn't seem to be any pragmatism from them, any willingness to adapt to the game. They're going to need a very different second half to take anything.