Batshit Mental Away Supporter Rules

52 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Social Services should be involved in families because of the team they support? 

Flashbacks to former poster Magee's (?) epic full-blown 'heads gone' moment following someone's comment that social services should take his kids away because he took them to Parkhead.

My attempts to dig it out have been fruitless so far.  Might have been lost in the cull. 😒

Edited by Hedgecutter

13 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Get a grip you absolute clown.

4 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Flashbacks to former poster Magee's epic full-blown 'heads gone' moment following someone's comment that social services should take his kids away because he supported Celtic.

My attempts to dig it out have been fruitless so far.  Might have been lost in the cull. 😒

Oh I see.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

This thread took a turn. 

57 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

The thread has been derailed.

55 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

An autobahn for the posters derailing the thread

41 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Like  a Coach would you say?

Sad to see people using this serious thread as a vehicle for transport puns.

16 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I think what he means is this is part of the UK government's policy of trying to increase UK wide influence. 

Load of nonsense anyway since the police budgets on both sides of the border are so low there is next to zero chance of them putting any effort into this.

Maybe they will try to make the clubs pay for it? I understand clubs already have to contribute towards policing costs, after all.

14 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

Are people only just waking up to the fact that the UK Government are fully committed to creating a totalitarian police state? A commitment shared by both shades of shit.

Indeed. This is a ridiculous and unnecessary encroachment into people's lives. It is totally unjustifiable.

14 hours ago, Doakes said:

All jokes aside, it seems that there has been a dedicated effort by some of those in positions of power/influence - to make life difficult for football supporters.

When was the last time there was widescale violence at a football match in Scotland? Rangers v Hibs cup final? 

I guess if you've never followed football, you read some of the clickbait headlines about a small skirmish and assume that football fans are marauding around Scotland torching towns and smashing up pubs...

I've rarely been to a pub on our supporters bus that hasn't greeted us warmly. They are always glad of our arrival and generally it's a polite and friendly experience. 

I guess the least nefarious way of looking at it is that those in the positions of power/influence need to do something to justify their job role, and football supporters are an easy target. 

The skeptical, conspiracy theorist part of my brain points to the fact that governments have been becoming more and more authoritarian over the past decade, and football supporters make up a large percentage of the working class population that could pose a threat to them, if club supporters came together to resist them. 

Unsure which version is closer to the truth

This may be apocryphal, but I remember reading or hearing Margaret Thatcher proposing football fans get a tattoo of a barcode, which is scanned when they enter the stadium. I'd like to think that was a joke or satire taken literally, but we're getting there.

This is positively Orwellian.

11 hours ago, Staggie52 said:

This is the nub of the issue. The Act requires the police to investigate, report to the fiscal etc. if they want to prosecute the bus company. This, if effected, allows the police, or anybody else, to make a complaint to the Traffic Commisioners. They have all sorts of powers, including suspending or revoking a company’s PSV licence. No big investigation by the police, no reference to the fiscal and no court appearance where evidence can be challenged. Far simpler, less fair, and less transparent.

What is likely to happen is it will simply not be worth bus companies risking their licence. You won't be able to get a bus to the football.

I can only imagine folk will try to find solutions. Perhaps take spirits in ginger bottles and if the bus is ever stopped, folk will just down it thereby getting rid of the evidence. Or they will simply stop going to away games, which is maybe what the proposal is ultimately designed to do.

What sort of people actually sit and come with this sort of stuff? Genuinely. Kim Jong-Un would be embarrassed to put his name to this. The full proposal is completely overreaching and should be rejected by anyone who values a society free from government interference. If the Police could point to evidence of supporters buses being the cause of disorder or criminal behaviour then wire in, but a bus load of Aberdeen fans stopping outside a local Paisley pub and going in for a few pints without having a steak dinner first is extremely low down the list of priorities in this country. 

Needing police permission to stop a bus in order to pick up or drop off passengers? Can only imagine the hard on Police Scotland would have with that sort of power. It’s also completely needless, is there any evidence of disorder happening when a Dundee supporters bus coming back from Kilmarnock stops to drop a couple of guys off in Perth? 

Can’t stop at a pub for a pint unless sold with a substantial meal? Yeah that sounds easily enforceable. That’s if you are even allowed to stop at a local pub because that requires police permission as well. The last thing Police Scotland need is more ways to make fans have a terrible day out at the football in Scotland, especially when 99% of them have never committed an offence at the football in their life. There is recent examples of them telling referees what side penalty shootouts should happen at, and they demand a police presence at certain games then charge the clubs for the privilege. They should treat the majority of football games in Scotland in the same way they treat most potential crimes i.e. if something happens we will phone and let yous know. The authorities in Scotland love to treat every football fan as a potential criminal, and to be fair it’s probably in their best interests when 30 odd police officers can turn up and collect an overtime shift to stand with their finger up their arse at the corner of Easter Road during a Hibs v St Johnstone game. 

8 hours ago, Molotov said:

Is there not currently a 24 hour ban on drinking alcohol on Scotrail trains?

IMG_3770.thumb.jpeg.35563dd16b0c02e3afc229c18f0b9588.jpeg

Last time i boarded a train while intoxicated, i left my bag at the station, got on the wrong train then was sick on my shoes. I can see their point. Wasn't to or from football though. 

Megabus is better than either train or supporters bus. Cheaper and quieter than the train. I once got a TA supporters bus to the Armenia game and it was fucking grim.

Anyhoo. Although this proposal might seem unenforceable, but you can bet your arse the Tories (and police) will do everything they can to make it happen. I get searched going into Hampden now, something that never happened before COVID. Police now search fucking supporters buses for carry outs and apparently we have riot police at Elgin games. They're punishing people who would never vote for them anyway and seeming to get tough on a bourgeois bogeyman. It's a win win for these cvnts.