Monday Night Football Thread - 2023/24

lichtie23

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Garret Wilson is a freak! Potential to be one of the, if not the best WRs in the league 

On the TD throw, I was convinced it had interception all over it when it was in the air, not only did he manage to knock it away from the defender, he's managed to juggle it his way and catch it as he was falling. Superb play by him.

10 hours ago, peasy23 said:

He would never have got past 49ers punter Mitch Wishnowsky that easily.

Don't know if you are old enough to remember Chargers Punter Darren Bennett. He was a former Aussie Rules player they signed as a camp walk-on then sent to NFL Europe for a season. When he came back he won the starting Punter gig, and they had to have words with him because he was often the next guy down the field after the gunners covering his own punts. Complete animal, but he calmed it right down.

Obviously this game was a total shitshow from a Bills perspective but blocking that out for now to mention the official YouTube highlights package is a bit weird, it doesn't mention the Rodgers injury which is the key factor in the game.

I was watching on my phone in bed this morning before getting up for work and when they went on about Wilson staying in the pocket on the Jets second drive and I thought the commentators had got the QB and WR mixed up. Wasn't til next time Jets had the ball they said Wilson again and I noticed the QB change. 

Panthers down by two scores with 3 mins and a running clock, and they're throwing 2 yard outs and dump-offs to the RB. 

Fair enough saying they lack weapons, but in that situation you have to just run guys down the field and chuck it up anyway. They are playing to lose.

13 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Can only hope it's just a season ending injury and not a career ending one. That looks a horrific injury. 

Same knee he wrecked years ago. He did well to come back from that the first time around, but he was much younger, didn't have the wear on him, and if it's already a bit messy inside the knee you have to wonder what it might mean for surgery etc.

Hopefully it's not a serious as it looked, but if it's multiple ligament tears, cartilage damage etc it's difficult to see him coming back and still having the same oomph