Monday Night Football Thread - 2023/24

lichtie23

9 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Still not seeing anything that makes me think Staley should survive the season.

He shouldn’t. But in Spanos, you’ve got a very good reason why he might.

After the Chargers lose to KC next week to drop to 2-4 the schedule really opens up. Not a lot of tough games left in the final 9, so it wouldn’t surprise me to see you throw together a good run and finish 9-8 or 10-7 and the “improvement” in the second half of the season will see Staley retained yet again.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Raidernation said:

What the fuckity fucking f**k?

That’s just fuckingly fucking stupid!

Im angry now

What happened? 

Eta, ah the interception in the end zone? 

Edited by Swarley

10 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Looked pretty straight forward for the Luons going by the highlights. Laporta looks a talent. 

Not a fan of they uniforms though 

I wanted La Porta in the draft, but he'd have been a luxury pick for the Chargers given other needs. Mayer and Kincaid got all the attention but I think he's just as talented.

Well the Chargers playoff aspirations are already on life support, and the Jets are exactly the type of team that give LAC fits. Come the end of the season I honestly do not expect LAC to make the playoffs, but this is already a "must win" for them to have any hope of doing so. I can't see LAC being able to move the ball on the Jets D, and our D is shitey enough that Zach Wilson can realistically expect to have a career day. Only way I can see LAC pulling out a win is if the pass rush runs riot against NYJ's awful OL, and Ekeler and Kelley can get good chunk yardage on early downs to keep out of 3rd &'s.

Suspect this will be a sack-laden, turnover-laden eyesore of a game, with NYJ coming out on top 21-17 or thereabouts.

Both of these teams suck, they just suck in different ways.

Chargers continually look like they just don't bother practicing all week, and the total disappearance of the OL and running game after the coaches spent all off-season making it a point of emphasis, then coming out and rag-dolling the Dolphins' front 7 in week one is mystifying.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

It's certainly not been a classic, both teams struggling on offense, 12 punts between then midway through the 3rd quarter tells you how it's been going.

The strength of a good Jets D matches up on the strength of the Chargers O, and that's fair enough, but it doesn't explain the Chargers looking sloppy and listless, or explain why what is a talented O with a supposedly inventive Co-ord can't scheme up something to get the ball moving. It's the same 1-2 yard rush into the teeth, dump-off, dump-off pish that got Lomardi shit-canned. It's infuriating.

I mean, the sort of nonsense that drives me nuts is shit like not being able to shorten and speed up the game because you absolutely can not run the ball, then coming out and going hurry-up when you haven't been moving the ball by doing that anyway. It's no wonder this team beats itself so frequently because they really don't do themselves any favours.