Scottish clubs in England-How well do you think they would do.

Let's play fantasy for a minute. How well do you think the top 12 clubs would do in England and the other 30 clubs?.  I can see Rangers and Celtic mid table and in few years. These would be challenge for top four spot but how about the rest .

The Edinburgh and Dundee clubs could also be challenging especially as they might get the investment needed.

6 minutes ago, Edward said:

Let's play fantasy for a minute. How well do you think the top 12 clubs would do in England and the other 30 clubs?.  I can see Rangers and Celtic mid table and in few years. These would be challenge for top four spot but how about the rest .

The Edinburgh and Dundee clubs could also be challenging especially as they might get the investment needed.

Surely if all the Scottish clubs are in, along with the top four Welsh teams then it’s not “England “ anymore but Britain.

It does seem silly that we’re all one country but play separate competitions. One island nation, one league, simple.

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

Surely if all the Scottish clubs are in, along with the top four Welsh teams then it’s not “England “ anymore but Britain.

It does seem silly that we’re all one country but play separate competitions. One island nation, one league, simple.

Agree the only problem I would see is cost of travel for club and supporters. Lets say Albion Rovers, Ayr United have to travel to Plymouth etc. 

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

At it

These hypothetical arguments are always so pointless to me. 

Every single team from both leagues would perform similarly to the others ones now as the money is the main factor on how well teams perform.

The notion Rangers or Celtc would do well because we're bigger clubs means f**k all, we'd do as well as the money given allowed as would Man City and Liverpool if dropped into our league. 

Many, many moons ago, I made a spreadsheet ranking the clubs in the UK by average home attendance to make a UK Super League in Championship Manager. That's just the kind of wild and crazy life I lead, and I make no apologies for it.

The SPL (at the time, @DA Baracus) was interesting because the clubs ended up spread throughout the top five leagues in England. If you had a similar league of English clubs, it'd probably look something like this:

1. Newcastle United
  2. Everton
  3. Ipswich Town
  4. Birmingham City
  5. Port Vale
  6. Blackpool
  7. Gillingham
  8. Stockport County
  9. AFC Wimbledon
  10. Accrington Stanley
  11. Altrincham
  12. Dorking Wanderers

2 hours ago, BTFD said:

Many, many moons ago, I made a spreadsheet ranking the clubs in the UK by average home attendance to make a UK Super League in Championship Manager. That's just the kind of wild and crazy life I lead, and I make no apologies for it.

The SPL (at the time, @DA Baracus) was interesting because the clubs ended up spread throughout the top five leagues in England. If you had a similar league of English clubs, it'd probably look something like this:

1. Newcastle United
  2. Everton
  3. Ipswich Town
  4. Birmingham City
  5. Port Vale
  6. Blackpool
  7. Gillingham
  8. Stockport County
  9. AFC Wimbledon
  10. Accrington Stanley
  11. Altrincham
  12. Dorking Wanderers

Nice to see the mighty Port Vale top 5 in any league (though we are currently fourth in the actual League One, that is not likely to last).