Public Shaming Offences

Karpaty Lviv

A lack of spatial awareness in public just seems to be part of the main character syndrome plaguing people nowadays. Doesn't matter if they're on their phone (although these people are always much, much more ignorant) or distracted by something else, but someone just having no regard for their surroundings is by far the most irritating thing I encounter in the public.

9 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

People who roll down their car windows and blast out shit music like they're LA gangstas and not sad wankas.

Only once did a car pass me and it was decent stuff you could hear (Northern soul or something)

I was driving blasting Marillion with the windows open last week.

13 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

People who roll down their car windows and blast out shit music like they're LA gangstas and not sad wankas.

Only once did a car pass me and it was decent stuff you could hear (Northern soul or something)

Aye, it's invariably terrible music, and always has been - c***s who do this have always chosen whatever their stepdad finds the most annoying genre/artist of the time.

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

A lack of spatial awareness in public just seems to be part of the main character syndrome plaguing people nowadays. Doesn't matter if they're on their phone (although these people are always much, much more ignorant) or distracted by something else, but someone just having no regard for their surroundings is by far the most irritating thing I encounter in the public.

I thought I was just becoming more intolerant of this, but maybe not. Everyone appears to be shocked when they try to move into an occupied space without looking, or that someone might require them to not stand gormlessly blocking access to a doorway/shelf/defibrillator/SCRAM button.

28 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I was driving blasting Marillion with the windows open last week.

In Belsize Park?

As long as you weren't doing that infantile revs limiter thingwy, you are not guilty

Edited by sophia

8 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Aye, it's invariably terrible music, and always has been - c***s who do this have always chosen whatever their stepdad finds the most annoying genre/artist of the time.

I thought I was just becoming more intolerant of this, but maybe not. Everyone appears to be shocked when they try to move into an occupied space without looking, or that someone might require them to not stand gormlessly blocking access to a doorway/shelf/defibrillator/SCRAM button.

A group walking 3 or 4 abreast on a pavement where it clearly blocks anyone walking the other way. Good shout. 

10 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Calling square sausage and chippies anything other than their proper names would be top priorities if I was Scotland's answer to Xi Jinping.

I was working this morning, saying flat sausage to the confusion of many. Then someone came in and asked for a "roll 'n' flat"

I celebrated like Scotland had won the euros 

12 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

A group walking 3 or 4 abreast on a pavement where it clearly blocks anyone walking the other way. Good shout. 

On the advice of another poster, I recommend standing still so they have to manoeuvre around you. Generally you get looked at like you're an alien, and it rarely occurs to anyone that they could just drop back behind their mate to make space. Most amusing.

It's like they're all ghosts who've suddenly found themselves corporeal again and don't understand why they aren't passing through physical objects.

7 minutes ago, BTFD said:

On the advice of another poster, I recommend standing still so they have to manoeuvre around you. Generally you get looked at like you're an alien, and it rarely occurs to anyone that they could just drop back behind their mate to make space. Most amusing.

It's like they're all ghosts who've suddenly found themselves corporeal again and don't understand why they aren't passing through physical objects.

I just try and have a bit of awareness, problem solved :lol: 

On the spatial awareness thing...supermarkets are terrible for this. When people want to stop and study the products on the shelves, they never seem to notice that someone else is doing the same thing on the other side of the aisle so the two of them are now blocking access for everyone else. That, or if they have the space to themselves, they'll park their cart diagonally across the aisle, thus achieving the same result.

A pox on all their houses.

18 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

On the spatial awareness thing...supermarkets are terrible for this. When people want to stop and study the products on the shelves, they never seem to notice that someone else is doing the same thing on the other side of the aisle so the two of them are now blocking access for everyone else. That, or if they have the space to themselves, they'll park their cart diagonally across the aisle, thus achieving the same result.

A pox on all their houses.

See also two people parking trolleys next to each other blocking a whole aisle talking.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Still, few things can brighten up your morning like witnessing one of these types walk into something like a post or bus stop shelter.

Funniest part is their immediate reaction that effectively says "what idiot put that there?", rather than blame themselves.  That or seeing it in the pipeline and saying nothing to them.

Just now, coprolite said:

How uk naming and shaming actually works. If you're unlucky enough to be first on the list people may just about notice. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/publishing-details-of-deliberate-tax-defaulters-pddd/current-list-of-deliberate-tax-defaulters

Any politicians with hidden earnings kept in offshore tax havens?

That's really the problem with this government trying to shame anybody for anything - it'd be like Jeffrey Dahmer calling out the predatory behaviour of spiders.