Arbroath v Airdrie

Ricky’s sending off, a good experienced referee has a word with him, he barely touches the guy at all, if anything he has a word with Gold for the initial foul. It can’t be dissent as he’s literally got the card out right away. Ricky’s 2nd yellow is probably a yellow

The Airdrie player two booking is really pathetic. Both weren’t yellows. 

Edited by Smokerson

Might not have caught Bird but what happens if he missed? It was the 88th minute there was still a wee bit of time, teams have come back from 2-0 down at that time before. 

Look how close last season was too, goal difference might be a thing come the last day again. 

Shite from him 

5 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I want the highlights with no commentary. 

I watched the Airdrie version, far better, got all the key moments, no commentary and slow motion goal replays. https://www.airdriefc.com/dtv23-24/230916?fbclid=IwAR0--UWrIxLNpvKILkUh1ZriGPWa9mc6iLkKILsbSddNSfkrqLQNDVIluOk

Out highlights are amateur hour. Could do better myself on the laptop by at least including all the highlights.

5 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

I watched the Airdrie version, far better, got all the key moments, no commentary and slow motion goal replays. https://www.airdriefc.com/dtv23-24/230916?fbclid=IwAR0--UWrIxLNpvKILkUh1ZriGPWa9mc6iLkKILsbSddNSfkrqLQNDVIluOk

Out highlights are amateur hour. Could do better myself on the laptop by at least including all the highlights.

But do you not want to hear “he’s hit the beans on toast”? 

6 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

But do you not want to hear “he’s hit the beans on toast”? 

I think I'd be happy never to hear that again.

4 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I actually thought the Airdrie highlights missed a few incidents that I wanted to rewatch, and cut things off far too early.  But the Arbroath ones also missed key incidents.  Neither of them were perfect.

Missing 3 of the 4 incidents involving yellow/red cards is shocking though. Our highlights used to be decent with replays etc but seem to be knocked up in 10 minutes these days.

1 minute ago, Hammerafc said:

I think I'd be happy never to hear that again.

Missing 3 of the 4 incidents involving yellow/red cards is shocking though. Our highlights used to be decent with replays etc but seem to be knocked up in 10 minutes these days.

That and “jeezy peeps” 

chronic stuff 

Just now, lichtie23 said:

That and “jeezy peeps” 

chronic stuff 

What's wrong with that?  It was a fairly common normal expression growing up in Arbroath.  Right enough, I haven't heard it since moving elsewhere, so I get why people would get excited about the "exotic" phrase, but when I heard it on the stream at the time, I didn't think anything of it.

2 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Ricky’s sending off, a good experienced referee has a word with him, he barely touches the guy at all, if anything he has a word with Gold for the initial foul. It can’t be dissent as he’s literally got the card out right away. Ricky’s 2nd yellow is probably a yellow

The Airdrie player two booking is really pathetic. Both weren’t yellows. 

The first Airdrie booking was definitely a yellow. He pulls him down after Slater gets in front of him. The second is very harsh. 

I don't think Little even touched him for the first yellow. 

I can accept individual mistakes but McCabe not putting in any effort to get back for the third goal is completely unacceptable and could even go as far to say unprofessional. The match footage will be painful viewing for him and rightly so, but hopefully get a (positive) reaction next week to make up for the poor showing yesterday. Still enjoyed the trip to Arbroath apart from the bit between 3.10pm and 4.50pm that is.

Edited by Caro-Kann

3 hours ago, Bucky said:

Deary me

I'm loath to defend him and I tried to see him thinking:

I've made a mess but I've been booked already and if I chase after , Napier will send me off

I'm just back from an injury so I've lost a bit of pace although I'm not the quickest

3 I know I can't catch him but our sweeper goalie is there

I can't gee myself as it's last minute.

Clutching at straws by me! 

This popped up on my Twitter -

Some of the entertaining parts

‘I dunno if they’ll score, I said 3-0 I reckon if we go hard there’s no coming back for them’

and… 

‘I don’t rate Arbroath, they just play into this wind and they get lucky on you’ 

😂😂

f**k me man 

On the whole though it is a pretty good video with the vast majority of people being reasonable and optimistic about their own team.

Good quality and good idea for a weekly video to look back on and track the season over I think.

Interesting to see an away fan’s perspective not just on the game of football on the park but Gayfield and the area outside Gayfield etc too. 

ETA - also not sure why Gayfield is seen as a tight park, it’s not

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

This popped up on my Twitter -

Some of the entertaining parts

‘I dunno if they’ll score, I said 3-0 I reckon if we go hard there’s no coming back for them’

and… 

‘I don’t rate Arbroath, they just play into this wind and they get lucky on you’ 

😂😂

f**k me man 

On the whole though it is a pretty good video with the vast majority of people being reasonable and optimistic about their own team.

Good quality and good idea for a weekly video to look back on and track the season over I think.

Interesting to see an away fan’s perspective not just on the game of football on the park but Gayfield and the area outside Gayfield etc too. 

ETA - also not sure why Gayfield is seen as a tight park, it’s not

I’ll give that a watch.

That last bit is one of my pet hate comments and is just lazy. Anyone can google Gayfield’s pitch dimensions in about 10 seconds and see that it’s actually a relatively large playing surface, particularly amongst older grounds - bigger than many  including Pittodrie, Dens, Tannadice, Starks Park and Tynecastle for example.

An Aberdeen supporting pal was with me at the game on Saturday and he said something about the small pitch. He was surprised when I goggled it for him to show that Gayfield is 5m longer than Pittodrie and 1m narrower. I suppose watching the game from lower down, nearer the pitch makes things look tighter.

ETA - that was a good watch. Some belting comments though “small pitch”, playing with a “hurricane” etc, I’ve been to Airdrie once and can’t remember much about it but looking forward to going back if a stiff 20mph breeze is considered a “hurricane”.

Edited by Tattie36

I really enjoyed that video, good find!  It was much better than when they have bloggers hanging about with a bunch of 10 year olds pretending to be ultras.  It was nice to see people just being reasonable, and some nice editing too.  Well worth watching!

Regarding the tight pitch, I can see why people think that, its just because the fans are so close to the action and the stands aren't that high.  If opposition managers think its going to be a tight pitch and plan accordingly, that can only benefit us.

Thanks for your kind comments!  I was just about to post the link here. 

Great to speak to some of the Lichties and thanks for being welcoming and having a laugh! 

Looking forward to welcoming you to Broomfield! ♦️

13 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I really enjoyed that video, good find!  It was much better than when they have bloggers hanging about with a bunch of 10 year olds pretending to be ultras.  It was nice to see people just being reasonable, and some nice editing too.  Well worth watching!