Arbroath v Airdrie

35 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

That will be that. Absolute pish from the wee man. Folk will moan and the second may again be argued by some but that was absolutely pathetic a 10 mins as you’ll ever see from us against 10 men

My biggest annoyance in the last year is that we seem to have the footballing IQ of a doughnut. Through McCabe's time we average 1 red every 5 games, almost all of them are players making utterly brain dead decisions. The worst bit is the players and fans (and increasingly the club Twitter feed) makes out we are hard done to.

That said, the chances of us getting back into that with 11 men were almost nil anyway. I await Rhys telling us that passing it around aimlessly was the right thing to do because Arbroath wanted us to go direct.

Absolutely shite. McCabe is far too stubborn with his tactics. Passing it between our centre halves is not good football. It’s not dynamic and it certainly doesn’t work. 

We’ve got an absolute cheek to think we’ll be outplaying teams in this league. Our back line are not the players to be implementing a 2008 Barca style of football.

Arrogance being misinterpreted as confidence in McCabes case. 

Edited by Diamond1924

53 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think we will have someone else sent off too - the red card itself isn’t even the worst thing. First one definitely a yellow, second one could’ve been but absolutely no leeway. It’s all the wee ones they’ve been getting when we’ve quite clearly won the ball that’s pissing me off. A fkn joke

First yellow it was Gold who committed the foul, not Ricky.  Perhaps that's what Ricky told the ref to get him so angry.  

That's pathetic. Had to watch on stream today due to illness. I'm afraid I'm about to go scatter gun in the heat of the moment.

Today we were up against a well drilled, solid and established championship team with players that are able to mix it physically as well as skillfully.  Our squad in the other hand just doesn't have those attributes, to start with two lightweight wingers who offer little to f**k all other than pace is criminal. Dropping Aiken for the manager himself seemed a 50/50 call at the time. The goals we lost were awful, so fucking soft. 

It's been well stated our recruitment has been bang average at best with a severe lack of proven championship players. The club may well have their reasons for this and the recruitment strategy but they must understand that a lack of investment could well see us straight back where we fought so hard for so long to get away from. A dangerous game to play. 

As for McCabe, I love the guy and think he will have a cracking career as a manager but the arrogance has to drop. There's more than one way to play and I fear our way could see us on the end of a few pumpings this season given our current squad choices.

Fair fucks to Arbroath though, a team widely tipped for the drop that didn't even need to get put or 2nd gear to sweep us aside today. Solid team on that and previous weeks showings. 

A real stroll for us today after being a bit perplexed at the line up initially. We’ve really improved from an attacking point of view which is like night and day from last season with options all over the place. It also looks like we are getting back to being solid at the back and making Gayfield a tough place to come. Hylton different class again. 

that referee is just a grade A dickhead of a man, as well as being quite easily the worst official in the country, he really should be now where near our level. The powers at be need to sort it out.