Arbroath v Airdrie

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Really enjoying the fact that there are several viable and different teams we could put out.  Do we go wide with Stowe and Hylton?  Do we play a more narrow but creative team with Turan and Dow?  Do we have Balde in the centre or one of the wider roles?  In previous seasons its felt like we've had one feasible team, and then anything else is a huge mistake, but there are so many valid permutations this year!  

Agree but think we’ve got to play either Bird or McIntosh upfront in that role regardless of which way we go… their pace, strength and work rate are a massive part of how we play and how we get up the park - also look like the 2 best finishers we’ve got at club by a mile 

and both on bench today, don’t get it at all 

Last time I didn’t understand a DC team selection we won 3-0 away however 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Agree but think we’ve got to play either Bird or McIntosh upfront in that role regardless of which way we go… their pace, strength and work rate are a massive part of how we play and how we get up the park - also look like the 2 best finishers we’ve got at club by a mile 

and both on bench today, don’t get it at all 

Last time I didn’t understand a DC team selection we won 3-0 away however 

Agreed, to me, Bird and McIntosh seem fairly interchangeable in terms of what they bring, although Bird seems the most predatory finisher. Turan, as much as I'm a fan, isn't quite the same goal threat, and I wouldn't pick him as the lone man up front over the other two.

5 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Agreed, to me, Bird and McIntosh seem fairly interchangeable in terms of what they bring, although Bird seems the most predatory finisher. Turan, as much as I'm a fan, isn't quite the same goal threat, and I wouldn't pick him as the lone man up front over the other two.

Turan been great out wide I don’t get it - looking at that team today there’s nobody I really fancy to score a goal. Whole teams been chipping in but a lot of our goals have been from set plays and balls being in and around the box. Think it’s an odd team selection, even Stowe in on the left would feel like we had more of a goal threat on the park 

For the position Dow plays his goal and assist return is fkn stinking (not even looked at stats). Think he needs to step up 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Turan been great out wide I don’t get it - looking at that team today there’s nobody I really fancy to score a goal. Whole teams been chipping in but a lot of our goals have been from set plays and balls being in and around the box. Think it’s an odd team selection, even Stowe in on the left would feel like we had more of a goal threat on the park 

For the position Dow plays his goal and assist return is fkn stinking (not even looked at stats). Think he needs to step up 

I can kind of understand in that McKenna and Hylton worked brilliantly last week, and we won with Turan up front, but like you I think its an odd selection.  I'd rather see Turan playing a bit deeper.

Regarding Dow, I think he gives us more in terms of what he does.  When we play an out and out attacker like Stowe, Hylton or Turan out wide, then having Dow on the other side balances the team better (i.e. he's a wide midfielder rather than a winger or attacker), so its natural he doesn't have as many assists and goals.

7 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

McCabe and McMaster in the same team 😬. I think Aitken can think himself a little unlucky to be missing out, especially as I thought McCabe looked a little "rusty" in some of his challenges against UOS.

I think McCabe and McMaster are playing together to try and win the midfield battle, plus I'd we are going a bit more direct then McCabe's passing range is good for that.

Personally I'd have started Aiken ahead of him as he's been excellent but I can see why he's done it, imagine we'll be using both McGregor and O'Connors pace on the wing too.

I am absolutely fizzing with rage here.  Properly furious.  Up till then, it was looking fantastic, Hylton had just scored an amazing individual goal, and it was beginning to look like how many.  But no, that referee was itching to send someone off.  We saw it in all those zero contact free kicks we conceded, and him squaring up to our defence.  He just doesn't like us.  The sending off felt inevitable after about 10 minutes.  Expecting at least one of our management to also be red carded.

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

I am absolutely fizzing with rage here.  Properly furious.  Up till then, it was looking fantastic, Hylton had just scored an amazing individual goal, and it was beginning to look like how many.  But no, that referee was itching to send someone off.  We saw it in all those zero contact free kicks we conceded, and him squaring up to our defence.  He just doesn't like us.  The sending off felt inevitable after about 10 minutes.  Expecting at least one of our management to also be red carded.

I think we will have someone else sent off too - the red card itself isn’t even the worst thing. First one definitely a yellow, second one could’ve been but absolutely no leeway. It’s all the wee ones they’ve been getting when we’ve quite clearly won the ball that’s pissing me off. A fkn joke

We were far too passive that half. Good play from Hylton 24? For the assist and his goal. We are not at it at all and need to waken up. 

Given a chance with the red card and I have idea if the second was warranted. The first one certainly was though. Strange refereeing performance as I felt you could have had a few yellow cards for things he is letting slide yet he then seems to go off his tits for things that barely look a foul. 

Worst we have played this season and Arbroath showing how easy we can be had on days like this. Let’s what act two brings

Edited by diamond_for_life