SMFC v HMFC

12 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Just pissing around, they are acting a wee bit too smug and content this evening. 😉

So you win the bragging rights all of a sudden your smug. Bottom line is St Mirre hammered you yesterday. Even with a Hearts referee chopping off 3 goals you could not find a equaliser. I will take smug all day you team is pish.  

Dear god, just seen the "nazi salute" dingull in the away end.

I doubt very much that he is a nazi, but what possesses people to get themselves in this kind of nick at the fitba?

Hes like those middle aged guys who walk round with Stone Island shite like they are a 20 year old "player".

Absolute VL behaviour.............

8 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Dear god, just seen the "nazi salute" dingull in the away end.

I doubt very much that he is a nazi, but what possesses people to get themselves in this kind of nick at the fitba?

Hes like those middle aged guys who walk round with Stone Island shite like they are a 20 year old "player".

Absolute VL behaviour.............

It's the purpose of it that gets me. Like, it's broadly very offensive, but not specifically offensive in that context ie to Saints fans. Not like Mark Bosnich doing it to Spurs fans on the basis of their large Jewish support, for example.

So all he's done is out himself as being a thick-as-pigshit bigot.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

f**k right off. If they couldn't award the goal Vs Dundee because it wasn't conclusive, and they couldn't overrule the Aberdeen penalty because it was inconclusive, then how the actual f**k are they claiming they can conclude something meaningful here? 

It's a fucking joke.

And don't get me started on that Mandron goal. 🤬

Screenshot_20230924-084321.png

It's one of these ones where not is it "not clear and obvious" which we were told with regular boring monotony is the reason the goal against Dundee and the Aberdeen pen couldn't be overturned, but literally nobody would complain if that had stood. Nobody involved in the match thought it was offside. Pre Bar that would have been given and not a single Hearts fan would be on here complaining about offside.

The ref really did manage the game very badly, the one that really annoyed me was that after the "offside goal" he lets Hearts take the resulting free kick quickly from halfway inside their own half while none of the opposition are set, which lets Hearts get right up the pitch, instead of making them take it from the 6 yard box.

1 hour ago, Biscuits said:

Auld Adolf there thinks it’s still 1985 and he’s expecting to meet the LSD for a square go after the game.  What an absolute fanny.  

That video. FFS. Two different scenes around the ‘VN1’ exit. Nearest the St Mirren fans, down the front, the absolute state of them. The two young lassies with the young guy in the Adidas jacket. The older guy sitting a few rows behind them, plus Nazi slaphead man strolling around. It’s like feeding time at Edinburgh Zoo. The actual state of them. Then, watch the video again, looking at the Hearts fans sitting on the other side of the VN1 exit. I actually think they are thinking ‘the fcuking state of those kunts’. Just sitting trying to watch the game.

I swear, if anyone ever sees me acting in any way, shape, or form, like those foaming-at-the-mouth arsewipes…. Shoot me. Shoot me dead. 😀

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

f**k right off. If they couldn't award the goal Vs Dundee because it wasn't conclusive, and they couldn't overrule the Aberdeen penalty because it was inconclusive, then how the actual f**k are they claiming they can conclude something meaningful here? 

It's a fucking joke.

And don't get me started on that Mandron goal. 🤬

Screenshot_20230924-084321.png

What makes you think it’s impossible to draw a meaningful conclusion?

One the lines are placed, the system is automatic - it can tell which line is further forward and present the decision accordingly. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

You get told that 'the lines' are drawn from closest to goal part of body that a player can score with...

Screenshot_20230924_095721_Discord.thumb.jpg.e32c40bd96c9bee2ac4cdbfda202e2b5.jpg

So whys the line drawn from Grieve's tricep and not the red line where his shoulder is?

These charlatans make it up as they go, honestly. Even with VAR their incompetence still allows for human error. They looked at this for 3 and a half minutes and THIS is what they came up with 

They use what’s called the “t-shirt line” to differentiate between the shoulder and the hand. 

That line looks right. 

21 minutes ago, GAD said:

It's one of these ones where not is it "not clear and obvious" which we were told with regular boring monotony is the reason the goal against Dundee and the Aberdeen pen couldn't be overturned, but literally nobody would complain if that had stood.

“Clear and obvious” doesn’t apply to offside decisions. 

Just now, The Master said:

One the lines are placed, the system is automatic - it can tell which line is further forward and present the decision accordingly. 

They use what’s called the “t-shirt line” to differentiate between the shoulder and the hand. 

That line looks right. 

Aye righty ho! 😂 

4 minutes ago, The Master said:

That line looks right. 

Who decides when to freeze the frame? Because with decisions that tight, a split second could be the difference.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

You get told that 'the lines' are drawn from closest to goal part of body that a player can score with...

Screenshot_20230924_095721_Discord.thumb.jpg.e32c40bd96c9bee2ac4cdbfda202e2b5.jpg

So whys the line drawn from Grieve's tricep and not the red line where his shoulder is?

These charlatans make it up as they go, honestly. Even with VAR their incompetence still allows for human error. They looked at this for 3 and a half minutes and THIS is what they came up with 

The image is pretty shoddy, so where to draw the line seems tough... 

Can't even see the ball in that one either. 

2 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Also, how do they know exactly when to freeze the video?

I think the reason it took so long was that they were trying to find a place to freeze the video where they could chop off the goal. 

Obviously there wasn’t one, so after a few minutes they just chopped it off anyway.  

On 17/09/2023 at 13:29, pozbaird said:

Hard to predict this one. Very hard. Should be an interesting one, but something in my gut tells me there’s going to be one big controversial moment. Take your pick from a debateable red card, a well dodgy penalty, a complete VAR fcuk-up, a clear red card incident not even seeing a yellow… you name it. Both sets of fans howling their displeasure at the hapless and hopeless officials.

2-2 thriller. Plus controversy. Sportscene to debate the arse out of it.

Called the controversy and VAR aspect correctly. Got the score wildly wrong. Predicting refereeing controversy and VAR fcuk ups in Scottish top flight football is the easiest prediction I’ll make all season.

24 minutes ago, The Master said:

That line looks right. 

Because the quality of the footage available - the angle, the frame rate, the resolution - means they're basically guessing. You say that the decision is automatic once the lines are placed, but the placement of those lines is utter guesswork. I don't believe that they have applied the 't-shirt line' to the Hearts players in the same way they have to Greive. 

The whole thing is a farce and the inconsistency with this Vs other decisions that have gone against us is bewildering.

As I've mentioned on Twitter, we have to complain about this while we're winning because soon this is going to f**k us when we lose, and at that point nobody pays attention because it looks like sour grapes.

Not much wrong with the disallowed goals.

I know Clark is meant to have given Kent a shout, but, having seen the lowlights, Kent should have just cleared it, imo - an easy enough clearance, ffs - why take the risk of leaving it?

Kent was also easily robbed for one of the disallowed goals, but he's the least of our worries - been a great signing, so I'm hopeful he can shake this off. 

Hearts are a soft touch, and predictable, as was this result.