Airdrieonians v Raith

14 hours ago, ARaithFan said:

This formation is the problem for me. Always looks like we have no midfield. 

think we’ve been treading the line and getting the luck in the previous few game - not really been playing “well”. Maybe a wee shake for them today.

If Scott Brown is off his game, which he was yesterday, that certainly feels like the case.

Very good win ,  the standard is so much higher than we have been used to,   Raith I was slightly disappointed in with players of the calibre of Easton who seemed hamstrung out on the left,  Vaughan who only got a few minutes,   is Murray too negative and unable to incorporate his best players,  he hasn't change much eh..

Airdrie with a totally changed defence once they settled were good,  Hancock, Cammy, Aiken the pick of the bunch , with no real failures,  if I have a concern it is chance creation, we created very little again,  albeit we scored the perfect goal,  we don't look a particularly high scoring team, which could be our Achilles heel as the season progresses..

One week left of the loan window,  the squad looks deeper than recent seasons,  is that it, or do we have more to come on,  apart from back up keeper I think that will be us until January when the squad will be reassessed again

On 20/09/2023 at 14:47, Diamond1924 said:

A fairly harmonious and balanced match thread, WTF has happened to this place 😂.

Having time to digest that and watch the goal back, it's as satisfying a 90 minutes as we can reasonably hope for at home In this league, keep the other team out and take one of yer chances.

Yes we came Into this league uphill but I'm hoping the players take real confidence from the games at home so far, we've certainly not looked out of place (apart from the Arbroath game) and Rhys recognises that was a disaster last week and made the calls yesterday to rectify it. I've no problem with a bad performance, as long as the efforts there to right the wrong, the next week.

Couldn't make it through yesterday and just watched the highlights. For me a definite penalty but given the ref's position easy to see why it wasn't given, also the foul which led to Gullan ? putting the ball in the net, never, however the Airdrie defenders had stopped when the whistle sounded. 

Great finish for the winning goal, Kev had absolutely no chance as his weight was taking him in the other direction. 

Seemed to be a pretty even game, on another day we pick up the 3 points but that's the beauty of this league, going to be plenty more twists and turns to come. 

Airdrie seem to be a good team with a decent bunch of fans, all the best to them, apart from 3 more times this season obviously.

Echo mosts thoughts on the game. Didn’t think it was the greatest of games. Airdrie started bright and had a lot of the ball without creating much of note, apart from maybe a couple of long range efforts. Stantons effort looked in all the way until the very last second where it curled away but apart from that we didn’t create anything really clear cut. 

Second half I think we edged and got on the ball a bit more, but as it will probably be in this league it will be a case of who takes that first chance will get you over the line. Hamilton should have burst the net for me with the big chance he had and then maybe 10 mins later Airdrie get their goal with a nice move and finish was well swept home. Young Masson maybe a bit naive to come out of shape which caused the overload, but there’s still 20/30 yards of ground to cover before it hits Gallaghers feet. Was a nice finish. 

Thought number 14 looked very decent for a young lad - especially first half. Always showing and dictated the tempo of the game too - was it McAllister? Was impressed by him. 

24 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Echo mosts thoughts on the game. Didn’t think it was the greatest of games. Airdrie started bright and had a lot of the ball without creating much of note, apart from maybe a couple of long range efforts. Stantons effort looked in all the way until the very last second where it curled away but apart from that we didn’t create anything really clear cut. 

Second half I think we edged and got on the ball a bit more, but as it will probably be in this league it will be a case of who takes that first chance will get you over the line. Hamilton should have burst the net for me with the big chance he had and then maybe 10 mins later Airdrie get their goal with a nice move and finish was well swept home. Young Masson maybe a bit naive to come out of shape which caused the overload, but there’s still 20/30 yards of ground to cover before it hits Gallaghers feet. Was a nice finish. 

Thought number 14 looked very decent for a young lad - especially first half. Always showing and dictated the tempo of the game too - was it McAllister? Was impressed by him. 

Aye it's McMaster he is certainly showing up well for a young lad,