Airdrieonians v Raith

40 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Think this is a tricky one to be honest also one that might fly under the radar compared to  recent games.  

Absolutely concerned about this. Luckily we have a deep enough squad that complacency about one’s position isn’t likely to set in, so the competition should keep people sharper and hungrier.

For those at the ICT match, how did Stanton look walking around after he took the knock and came off? It seemed to be an ankle they were reportedly working on, but I’ve heard nothing further.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

For those at the ICT match, how did Stanton look walking around after he took the knock and came off? It seemed to be an ankle they were reportedly working on, but I’ve heard nothing further.

It looked horrible initially, I don't know whether it was his ankle or his knee but he crashed into the defender's standing leg and seemed in real trouble, rolling around and punching the turf in a very un-Stanton like manner. 

Once the initial impact passed though, and he'd had a bit of treatment, he looked to be basically fine. Walked back to the dugout unaided. Could easily be the kind of thing that balloons up over night, but hopefully it was just a knock and he's fine by Saturday. 

I thought the sponsor's maybe went a tough too far giving Stanton the man of the match on Saturday, I'd have gone for Dabrowski, Byrne or even Murray ahead of him, but I certainly think you could make an argument for him being one of the players of the season so far.

Whilst the likes of Callum Smith have taken the headlines, you could easily make the case for Stanton as MVP, if you'll forgive me borrowing some of your vocabulary. 

As said above, Stanton's injury initially looked horrible - a stretcher job all the way.

However, the fact he was able to walk round the track would suggest it was instant acute pain which reduced almost immediately (the kind of thing when two knees bang together).

Saturday will be tough. Airdrie two out of two at home this season and desperate not to let a couple of defeats turn into a mini-slump.

Stanton is a class act, but I didn't think he was MOTM yesterday as RATM says. It seemed quite peculiar that he missed the Cliftonville match completely, where Easton looked sensational, only for Easton to then drop to the bench with an immediate return for Stanton. I'm glad he seemed to be ok leaving the pitch, because his reaction looked like he'd not be leaving without assistance. 

Next Saturday should certainly be an interesting one - it's a return for Murray (and Cameron), Easton, Smith and McGill to Airdrie. We've not looked convincing and yesterday we struggled to really create opportunities yet we're still top of the pile. Airdrie on the other hand seem to have come back down to earth a bit after a really strong start - the goals for the third and fourth Arbroath goals yesterday looked rage inducing. 

33 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Stanton is a class act, but I didn't think he was MOTM yesterday as RATM says. It seemed quite peculiar that he missed the Cliftonville match completely, where Easton looked sensational, only for Easton to then drop to the bench with an immediate return for Stanton. I'm glad he seemed to be ok leaving the pitch, because his reaction looked like he'd not be leaving without assistance. 

Next Saturday should certainly be an interesting one - it's a return for Murray (and Cameron), Easton, Smith and McGill to Airdrie. We've not looked convincing and yesterday we struggled to really create opportunities yet we're still top of the pile. Airdrie on the other hand seem to have come back down to earth a bit after a really strong start - the goals for the third and fourth Arbroath goals yesterday looked rage inducing. 

RaithTV seemed to report that Stanton missed Cliftonville due to a family matter, apparently with IM’s blessing.

I’d like to know where McGill was yesterday (unless it was a similar thing, in which case, good on IM using his squad depth to allow players to find a good work/life balance when able), in case there’s a niggle we don’t know about. In the whole squad, McGill might just be the most critical single failure point, since he’s our preferred reserve RB/LB/DM (until Matthews is back).

The most encouraging thing for me yesterday, apart from the giddy sensation of beating ICT obviously, was the performance of Hamilton. I think he's looking sharper each week and is becoming a real handful for the opposition defence. I noticed Murray said that yesterday was his best performance for us and I would agree with that. 

Assuming everyone is fit, Mullin for Vaughan would be my only change for next week but Murray will know Airdrie a lot better than us and you wouldn't be surprised if he tinkers a bit more than that. 

6 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Question for the Airdrie fans, is the bar under the main stand open for away fans this season/this coming Saturday? 

Or does it depend on whether we are in the side of the main stand or across the park? 

Cheers!

Yeah open for all as far as I’m aware 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The most encouraging thing for me yesterday, apart from the giddy sensation of beating ICT obviously, was the performance of Hamilton. I think he's looking sharper each week and is becoming a real handful for the opposition defence. I noticed Murray said that yesterday was his best performance for us and I would agree with that. 

Assuming everyone is fit, Mullin for Vaughan would be my only change for next week but Murray will know Airdrie a lot better than us and you wouldn't be surprised if he tinkers a bit more than that. 

I'm a bit dissapointed with how Hamilton has been in front of goal, but we are really seeing the benefit of having an actual centre forward.

On holiday for this one, do Airdrie offer a streaming service?  

3 hours ago, Rael Rover said:

Will rovers get the East Stand for this? Likely to be a good turn out and Jack Daziel away section maybe too small.

Would think you will get the away stand,  what's your travelling support like these days,   plenty room though it holds over 2.5k

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think we're yet to get the best out of Hamilton personally. We're doing this long ball hump up to him to win a header but we rarely have anyone around him to take advantage of the balls he wins. Yesterday we had Smith, Vaughan and Stanton, all of which were usually too deep or central to get onto the balls. I'd much prefer we bin the long ball stuff and get it into his feet, allow him to lay it off and use his movement to create some chances. Though as said elsewhere, he's not been encouraging infront of goal so far.