Airdrieonians v Raith

1 hour ago, Mr November said:

Agree with all of this. I'd probably play Watson again, he was excellent before his injury, but could see Hancock coming in as you say.

Gallagher on the wing as a tribute to when Ian Murray used to play him out there and Callum Smith on his own in the middle. 

Initially I thought Watson should be dropped as he did have a mare on Saturday, but concur that it would be harsh given his form prior to his injury. If fully fit of course.

I'm not a huge fan of McGregor but I still see him starting mainly due to the disappointing form of our other wide players McGill & O'Connor.

Aiken has to start as it was as shock he wasn't involved last week, perhaps a little niggly injury.

Edited by Kenny_m

5 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

Hopefully we fulfilled our annual freak result quota last Saturday as I cannot take another drubbing. 

Raith are considerably better than Arbroath and as we know Smith, Easton and McGill can run riot when they want so we need to be right on it.

In saying that, we can also be considerably better than what Saturday showed and it only takes a quick goal for us to get our tails up.

McStravick is a big miss as he has shown glimpses of magic. I’d play the following team:

Rae

Ballantyne, Fordyce, Hancock, Watson

Frizzell McMaster Aiken

Mcgill Todorov Gallagher 

Agree with this team except I don’t think Gallagher and todorov in a front 3 can work really so I’d have mcgregor on the left as that role requires someone with pace. I know he can be very hot and cold (as is normal for teenagers) but O’Connor so far is just cold so mcgregor all day for me.

Wouldn’t mind seeing mcstravick there in the future but as he’s suspended I’m happy with McGregor as when he’s on it he can be a nightmare to play against.

I see tickets are on sale for the away team but still no clarity about where we will be put. Anyone ITK at Airdrie?

Edit to add: hopefully we are across the park. Much better atmosphere when you can actually see the other set of fans!

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

2 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

I see tickets are on sale for the away team but still no clarity about where we will be put. Anyone ITK at Airdrie?

Edit to add: hopefully we are across the park. Much better atmosphere when you can actually see the other set of fans!

I’d be surprised if you’re not in the opposite end. Yous will take a decent support and also our support has increased this season so would make sense. 

Expecting a huge reaction from last week and McCabe to make 3/4 changes to the starting team, surely Aiken n McGill start.

Raith looking good so far can’t see us keeping a clean sheet at all, would happily take a draw here. Will be missing it but I hope Murray, easton and Callum smith get a good reception from the home crowd!

12 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Correct. We're in the East Stand, across the pitch from the Main Stand (West), turnstiles 16, 17 &18.

2 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

You sure about that ?

What a bizarre thing to inquire about. Even more surprising you clearly think differently.  
Anyway, interesting game this. A draw wouldn’t be the worst result and would keep the unbeaten run going however if we turn up I fancy us to our score them. 

If the ambition is to challenge Utd and perhaps PT then these are the games we need to picking up all 3 points.  I’ll go 3-1 with goals from Easton, Smith and Hamilton.

After last Saturdays result (and ropey performance) I'm a bit nervous about this one and finding it hard to call how it'll go. Said loads of times that our home form will be crucial this season and we are 2 wins from 2 so far. 3 losses away though is not ideal. If last weeks tragic dwfending was an isolated blip, then there's no reason we won't be competing well tomorrow and going for the win. It's doable, no doubt about it. 

But if there's any hangover from last week, then it could go a totally different way and the McCabe will be facing a real test on how to pick the team up. 

No doubt he will ring the changes. He has to, and I'd not be surprised to see him dropping himself to the bench. Murray may know a lot of our players, but they'll know him too and how he plays. So let the tactical chess battle commence and fingers crossed Airdrie come out the other end with a positive result and not a battering. 

6 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

So let the tactical chess battle commence and fingers crossed Airdrie come out the other end with a positive result and not a battering. 

I beg to differ 🤣

Seriously tho' tough game for us, most Raith fans will say we haven't really 'clicked' so far this season, yet we have 4 wins on the bounce and the draw was 2 down with 10 to go. I feel someone will eventually take a battering from us, still think it's too early to be this weekend. We seem to have a minor curse over Airdrie, nowhere near the ICT hoodoo.

I'll take another 3-4 result when we're 3-1 down with 10 men and 10 mins to play, scenes that day were just 😍

Edited by keyser_soze

Rovers have perhaps been very fortunate to come away with wins in the Inverness, Morton & even Dunfermline games this season but that’s the position we find ourselves in. As strong a depth of squad as we could realistically hope to have.

I do believe there’s enough quality in the squad to give someone a doing this season; even this early on. Whilst I don’t think that’ll be tomorrow, I do think Rovers could take the brakes off a little & potentially score three or so. As ever, it’s keeping them out at the other end that will prove crucial in that respect.

All things being equal, I’ll happily take another strong Dabrowski performance & a late winner if it keeps the wins coming.

On 21/09/2023 at 10:49, Raithie said:

Any Airdrie fans know if they offer a free carers ticket if going in with a disabled person? Tried to phone the club but getting no answer. 

Disabled Supporters Nominated Individual

Scott Hetherington

📞  01236 803778

📩  scott.hetherington@airdriefc.com

Also, if you are a blue badge holder and require use of the disabled parking at the Excelsior Stadium e-mail Scott Hetherington with your name and registration number.

Edited by Caro-Kann