Shoplifting anarchy

ICTChris

Was offered some Galloway Cheddar outside The Woodside Inn after the football recently, bumped from the Lidl within eyesight of the pub.

I declined but a boy inside was getting his money ready before the pub owner told the dairy punter to f**k off. A shame. I’d have found a boy munching on a full block of cheese entertaining.

I thought it was a lost trade but clearly not.

Edited by Smurph

4 minutes ago, Smurph said:

Was offered some Galloway Cheddar outside The Woodside Inn after the football recently, bumped from the Lidl within eyesight of the pub.

I declined but a boy inside was getting his money ready before the pub owner told the dairy punter to f**k off. A shame. I’d have found a boy munching on a full block of cheese entertaining.

I thought it was a lost trade but clearly not.

Post of the day, imo.

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

My uncle's grandson - @Jacksgranda keep me right, what does that make him to me?- is in jail now for armed robbery. Stole £40 from a shop in Alloa a few years back. 

I think he's a first cousin once removed.

When I at Uni I worked in the Victoria Wine nearest the train station in Dundee. There were two notable instances of blatant shoplifting. One was an old jakey who came up to the counter to talk to me and hid a bottle of wine between his legs in the process. I was so busy laughing at the attempt to bother stopping him.

The second time was after a The Rangers* game when they all piled on at once and I was trying to serve loads of them at the same time. Once they all left I had a wander round the promotion piles in the middle and they must have half inched about 10 crates while I was serving their mates. Can't say I was overly perturbed.

52 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Stole a Sainsbury's meal deal and big bar of galaxy recently when the self service wouldn't accept my card, then gave the chocolate to a homeless guy outside. Everyone's a winner.

You bag yourself a free meal and the homeless guy bags himself a bed and breakfast for the weekend. Great stuff.

Here in the US, Walmart have been closing a number of branches as the theft rate is so high, the shops are no longer profitable. They're also cutting staff to the point where all it would take to walk out with whatever you want is the brass neck to do it. I'm sure there's no connection between the two.

On a similar topic, I was in a local Home Depot (like B&Q) at the weekend, and someone was buying one of those big beer coolers at the self-checkout. The young lass manning the registers strolled over, all casual like and lifted the lid for a peek-in. There was what looked like several hundred dollars-worth of stuff inside. The guy muttered something about having "left his credit card in the car" and legged it. 

On 21/09/2023 at 16:58, Shotgun said:

The young lass manning the registers strolled over, all casual like and lifted the lid for a peek-in. There was what looked like several hundred dollars-worth of stuff inside. The guy muttered something about having "left his credit card in the car" and legged it. 

image.png.22818f1be00d2649b0541bfb7c11cc2a.png

"... and after that, well, the game was mine"

Edited by Hedgecutter

A former associate of mine once held up a Pizza outlet in Aberdeen with a shotgun and wearing a balaclava. Silly c**t was caught because he used to work at the outlet and the staff recognised his voice. With one asking "Is that you ****?". He got about 5 years for it.