Dunfermline vs Ayr - Sat 21st Oct

Absolutely terrible first half from us. No idea how it’s only 1-0. Had that chance after a few mins (Edwards should have scored), but Ayr should have scored 4 or 5. Defensively, we’ve been shambolic. With the ball, we’ve been atrocious.

Ayr have a game plan and it’s working. If we have a game plan, I can’t tell what it is. Mehmet looks back to his old self from the Grant era - but he’s not the only one. The whole performance reminds me of the Grant era, if I’m being honest. No idea how Breen managed to avoid getting subbed off.

McCann might get pass marks so far, but I’m not even sure of that. He’s the only one that even comes close though. Summers and Moffat look like kids that have won a competition - is Summers actually fit?

Ayr look a good team today. They’ve been much better than us in every department. 

3 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

I missed Firhill, but this is as bad as I've seen us since Grant and Hughes, really, really bad. 

inbetweeners-dreadful.gif.5c82fcb2ee09b04a9239777bea8db57c.gifThis is a thousand times worse than Firhill. At Firhilltl the first half was quite even and we had two really good chances to score while Thistle had their goal and one other chance. Ayr really should be 3 or 4 up here and we wouldn't be able to complain.

I don't care if Benedictus can't run - stuck him in an armchair behind the goals with a megaphone or something because it's like the defence don't know where to stand, run, track, tackle or pass without him there to tell them what to do. 

The only positive from this half is that it's only 1-0. McCann worldy and Jakubiak tap-in and we win 2-1. Maybe.Saturday Morning Dog GIF by Sealed With A GIF

That first half was unbelievably one-sided. How Ayr are only 1 up is baffling and it could easily be 4 or 5 with the chances they've made and missed.  Need to score a 2nd before Dunfermline get their act together as they have been dreadful. Night and day to the sterile dross served up earlier in the season. 

This game should be all over.

1-0 flatters us to an incredible degree. No exaggeration that Ayr should be 3 or 4 goals clear. Fair play to them, they’ve looked very good.

Not even sure what to say about us. Easily the worst 45 minutes under McPake and one of the worst performances I can remember so far.

Hooking Chalmers and Hamilton at least shows McPake is fully aware what a debacle it’s been but the changes have made zero impact.

Slow Joe and the captain getting hooked at the half hour mark 😂.

We should be out of sight here and I'm worried pars will come out flying after getting shouted at.

McKenzie has to score.

This has been excellent so far. Very impressed with the way we've gone after them. Their backline is so so shaky it's unbelievable.