Mr Ferguson's visit to Sir Douglas | Morton v Caley | Dec 12

13 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

In isolation I think this is fine, public transport is disrupted making it difficult for fans to travel and I think that should be reason enough to call a game off.

Having said that, it turns out Inverness-Glasgow trains were actually back to normal from this morning as well. So, with no need to go near a red area, the A9 open and public transport operating as normal there was absolutely no restriction on the team travelling, or on fans travelling by road or rail.

The game's been called off for the sole reason that Inverness asked for it because they had injuries. Meanwhile it was genuinely impossible for some Morton players and any Inverclyde based fans to get to our game two weeks ago and it went ahead.

Edited by Dunning1874

Have no problem with this game being off - and from a self-interest perspective, we should have every game postponed until Quitongo and O'Connor are fit. 

The issue is with the double standards highlighted above between the SPFL refusing to call off games when it was practically impossible to travel two weeks' ago, compared to this. There should be predictable and objective criteria for decision-making instead of the ad hoc nonsense prevailing at the SPFL right now. 

Edited by vikingTON

Thistle v United is on. Strange given St Mirren and The Caley fans will travel the same bits of road between Glasgow and Perth that United fans will. Dundee is far closer to the mayhem than Inverness and Dingwall are. 

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Hearing that Ross County requested a postponement so that Malky Mackay doesn’t have to show Racism the red card 

More honest than "We've got loads of injuries the roads might be a bit wet".

5 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

The game's been called off for the sole reason that Inverness asked for it because they had injuries.

😳 How would you know that? 

And why, as per Morton's statement, would the police have backed them up on that??

C'mon, get real.......

Game's aff, get over it, it's a beautiful day in Inverclyde, get out and enjoy it. More to Saturdays than just fitba'.

On 21/10/2023 at 09:09, Dunning1874 said:

The game's been called off for the sole reason that Inverness asked for it because they had injuries. Meanwhile it was genuinely impossible for some Morton players and any Inverclyde based fans to get to our game two weeks ago and it went ahead.

Calling the game off was the right decision when it was made.
It's a shame that they didn't make the correct decision when Morton played QP as you twice point out, but I'd rather they learn from mistakes than do what you seem to be implying and sticking to some ill judged precedent because of what-aboutery.

I think it would have been really unfair if we were the home team at the weekend and Morton had been expected to travel up to Inverness.  The weather was severe at the weekend, there were fatalities, but I'm sorry you are so butt hurt about the game being off just because of a lousy decision two weeks ago.
Please listen to your fellow supporter above...

On 21/10/2023 at 15:10, Rudolph Hucker said:

C'mon, get real.......

Game's aff, get over it, it's a beautiful day in Inverclyde, get out and enjoy it. More to Saturdays than just fitba'.

16 minutes ago, Highland Exile said:

I live in Beauly, am an Ayr United fan, and drove to Dunfermline and back ok on Sat for our game. No reason I can see that your game was cancelled. 

As it turned out it the travel conditions were OK on Saturday, you are right.
However when the game was called off on the Friday evening, it was the correct decision at that point in time.  Well in my opinion it was anyway.  That's just one person's opinion, feel free to disagree, it's really not worth arguing about.

You're right, sorry if my chipping in seemed argumentative, that really wasn't my intention.

Was a bit of a bizarre drive on Saturday, really wild down the A9 until Pitlochry then a nice autumn day, even wore my sunglasses at Dunfermline game!

Hopefully will be the same weather at the upcoming Caley v Ayr game - a lot less travelling too. 

I stay in Glasgow, it was actually really nice down here on the Saturday, perfect for a game of football in the afternoon, but hindsight is 20/20.
With red weather warnings still in place and fatalities it was the right decision at the time (again - in my opinion solely).

I hope the weather is as good at the upcoming game you mention but that you don't get the three points this time! 😉🍻

• ClydeTon changed the title to Mr Ferguson's visit to Sir Douglas | Morton v Caley | Dec 12
  • 1 month later...