Mr Ferguson's visit to Sir Douglas | Morton v Caley | Dec 12

Game's aff. Come back in December.

This could be interesting. Inverness seem to be on an upturn following the appointment of the big man, and we're, erm, flying off the edge of a cliff, seemingly.

The draw at Queens Park could have a positive effect, and a win against Kelty in the TT could go a long way for confidence and bouncing back. (If we lose, get the bus tickets; we're going to the Seaside.)

No O'Connor of course, and I imagine Broadfoot will be back. F**k.

It was on October 28th last year that we pumped Inverness 4-0 at Cappielow, a result which, for me at least, kick-started the run until January. At least, for me it was the defining "this looks good" moment. A repeat would be appreciated.

Boyd, the useless c**t, will finally get to meet his old employers. Maybe this will motivate him to become a decent footballer.

Edit 2 - The game is now set for December 12th. So, ignore literally everything said above.

Edited by ClydeTon
Game rearranged for 12/12/23, so get ready to turn to ice on an early-December's night! Midweek, no less.

1 hour ago, ClydeTon said:

Boyd, the useless c**t, will finally get to meet his old employers. Maybe this will motivate him to become a decent footballer...

I thought he had started off well? I seem to recall one of your fans saying he looked alright

Doesn’t surprise me that you think he’s useless though, was utterly hopeless for us 

11 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I thought he had started off well? I seem to recall one of your fans saying he looked alright

Doesn’t surprise me that you think he’s useless though, was utterly hopeless for us 

I personally thought he looked quite good against St. Mirren, driving up the wing and taking on the wide defender.

Since then he's been consistently woeful. He was dropped last week, and hopefully again next week.

While you can't read too much into running over the top of a League One side who were defending terribly in terms of necessarily meaning we'll play well against a Championship side if we take the same approach, the second half performance yesterday confirmed that we're a much better team with energy in the middle of the park and natural width in attack.

Therefore Power has to be dropped from the midfield with Blues moving back there to provide that energy, with a winger coming into the front three. With a choice between McGrattan, Boyd and Bearne, it has to be McGrattan until Quitongo's fit.

Contemplating driving down from Aberdeen after a nightshift for this. Must be off my head😂

We’ve looked significantly better since Big Dunc entered the building, hopefully another few weeks training will stand us in good stead. Can’t help but feel this will be a significant tell as to how the rest of our season is going to go.

2-0 Caley

We need to get back to winning our home games and stop losing so many goals. 

Would like to see us start with mcgrattan on the wing. We should also have French and harkness back.

Can only play one of power or Gillespie although Dougie will go with both no doubt.

McDonald 

Wilson French baird waters

Gillespie  Blues

Mcgrattan        Crawford       Muirhead

Oakley

Subs- Mullen, Harkness, Broadfoot, Power, Bearne, Boyd, Keay. 

On 15/10/2023 at 13:44, scottbamby said:

Big Dunc versus the man who wishes he had his job.

Have a look on CTO where a poster said that a manager pal of his told him that he was on a course with Imrie recently and Imrie told him he was positive he had the ICT job and what followed was a bolt from the blue.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Have a look.......................................... bolt from the blue.

Yes that's big Robbie from anything less than 40 yards. 

Edited by Paisley Ton
ICT x 2

Wee touch of apathy creeping in to our support, which is understandable given the start of the season and the shape of the squad, but a real shame in the context of supporter ownership.

Need a rousing home win to get things going, but I'll settle for the scabbiest win in the worst game in history.

Nine players pick themselves; Imrie just needs to make reasonable calls on replacing O'Connor and Quitongo... and that means no place for Power (at least until he's 100% fit, if that's the problem).

Fear it will be a dull draw, 1-1.

On 16/10/2023 at 19:06, SandyCromarty said:

Have a look on CTO where a poster said that a manager pal of his told him that he was on a course with Imrie recently and Imrie told him he was positive he had the ICT job and what followed was a bolt from the blue.

Did he tell him up his gran’s bit? 

In isolation I think this is fine, public transport is disrupted making it difficult for fans to travel and I think that should be reason enough to call a game off.

The problem is that a precedent was set a fortnight ago against Queen's Park when it was literally impossible to get out of Inverclyde after 10am, when no fans would be leaving before that. The entire area between Cappielow and Hampden had an amber weather warning, while very little of Inverness' journey does. Even some Morton players were unable to get to the game, but we were forced to go ahead regardless: the message was very much that if you can get 11 players to the ground then tough shit, you're playing.

That this is no longer the case when our opposition have an injury crisis and it suits them to get it called off, while Ross County v St Mirren is still on, is a total fucking nonsense.

• ClydeTon changed the title to Mr Ferguson will visit Sir Douglas later | Morton P-P Caley