Mr Ferguson's visit to Sir Douglas | Morton v Caley | Dec 12

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Morton up to 7th, leagues a complete bin fire tbh.

With QP and Airdrie to come, there's a reasonable chance we'll be in the top half of the division by Christmas. Which would indeed be fold the division material. 

Almost as if it was a mistake for Inverness to whinge about the weather two months ago when we had no players, only to set up a series of nice, plump softballs for us to hit now. 

IMG-20200518-WA0002.jpg.54c194ee7c4a8c0309b191708f03bee2.jpg

On 10/12/2023 at 13:21, Stephen Malkmus said:

The biggest challenge for our defence will be stopping Imrie from smuggling himself on to our team bus after the match. Your interview was unsuccessful, Douglas.

Biggest challenge for the defence was actually trying to string 2 passes together

Unlucky

On 10/12/2023 at 20:24, SandyCromarty said:

Could this be a 'Taxi for Doogie' game?

Yes down to the supporters club , drinks on the house.

Anyway thanks for the first gift maybe your CB's thought big George was still at ICT.

ICT shaded the first half but don't remember them getting any shots on target. That's except the offside breakout.

Ton should have put this to bed before your late rally. 

Feeling a lot better as I can now enjoy my festive Swally.

Edited by Paisley Ton
Ict

Thought we were superb in the second half there. Back to back wins in the league in what seems like forever. Much more balanced with two proper fullbacks although French does look low on confidence still. Hoping he’ll come good with a run of games in a now winning team again. 

Lewis Strapp but! You’d never have guessed he was out for almost a year. Unreal to have him back, really can see how much it means to him to be back playing. Fingers crossed we can keep him until the end of the season. 

Shug Wilson for me was MOTM. Big man was everywhere and never put a foot wrong all night. 

Utter pish but you can’t win them all. Morton had us sussed from the start and don’t recall us forcing the keeper in to any saves. Davidson and Longstaff were particularly shite.

Waiting til 76 minutes to make any subs when we were that brutal is a mystery. Then again it’s mostly shite on the bench. 

Onto the next one and closer to January where we can sign some decent back up players 

Also, was there something going on down on the touch line after the Morton 2nd goal? Seen what looked to be Kellacher and Imrie having words

8 hours ago, port-ton said:

Big Dunc added to the collection of managers who think their teams play total football compared to us despite being played off the park for large spells. 

They can't help themselves in post match interviews. 

Love how Ferguson said the long throw is "their style"- it's Strapps first start in nearly a year ya big fanny!

10 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

Anyway thanks for the first gift maybe your CB's thought big George was still at ICT.

Another Dodds error. He should never have left, rather have George than any other forward we have in our team except Billy, as shown the type of player who gets goals at this level with the right service and game time, something I don't think samuels or lodivica will ever do.

Just now, Jives Miguel said:

Should have been 3 or 4 tbh. Played them off the park. "Spoony" was anonymous and effortlessly pocketed.

Amazing how well Strapp played considering he's not even had a club for 6 months, or a game for 11. Ridiculous performance.

We didn't get on the park in some spells

1 hour ago, madton said:

Love how Ferguson said the long throw is "their style"- it's Strapps first start in nearly a year ya big fanny!

Other than that comment I think he sees what we all said, which was Inverness weren't very good and Morton made it hard for them to play. Which is exactly our style and we're ok with it. Unlike some other managers in the league, past and present, he's not complained about Morton being overly physical when making it hard for them.

If Inverness' good run was based on the performances of Wotherspoon and he was marked out the game so easily last night, it could be a long rest of the season.

32 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Another Dodds error. He should never have left, rather have George than any other forward we have in our team except Billy, as shown the type of player who gets goals at this level with the right service and game time, something I don't think samuels or lodivica will ever do.

He's not likely to be absolutely prolific but if he's used in a team playing to his strengths then George is a great striker for this level. That's two excellent finishes in two games and I'm very glad we've got him. I'd certainly rather have him leading the line than a number of other strikers in the division.

Despite his wonder goal at the weekend, I thought Spoony was largely quiet against Queen’s Park and we still completely dominated that game so I wouldn’t say it’s too much to worry about. Getting Carson or Duffy back in at RB over the horrendous Davidson, along with Shaw for Longstaff (who turned back at every opportunity), and Big Dunc back on the sidelines should sort most of what went wrong last night.

On Oakley, he is a decent player that always did a solid job for us, but I believe he was one of our higher earners while being back up to McKay so it made sense to let him go, which I imagine he wanted to.