Thistle vs Dundee United - 21 October 2023

25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Why do interim club hero managers always start off fantastic and then turn to shite after they get their feet under the table for a bit?

It's almost formulaic at this point. 

This time last year we were just embarking on a 5-game losing streak under Ian McCall, including 4-0 at Firhill against Queen's Park, which did for any title ambitions we had...I still have some patience left with Doolan.

29 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I don’t think we were that bad until the second goal went in, but it was calamitous after that.

Muirhead being an idiot again. Must have some amount of career red cards.

We need McMillan back ASAP. Ngwenya has filled in mostly ok, but he’s either unable or unwilling to use his right foot and it kills a lot of momentum on that side. 

I thought the same. Wasn’t a huge amount between the teams overall until the second goal, Dundee United just edged most things and looked stronger and a bit sharper. Things unravelled pretty quickly after the second goal though. 

Do Thistle have a few injuries just now? Even at 1-0 down there wasn’t really anyone on the bench who could come on and change a game, other than the inevitable Adeloye sub.

Can't complain about result or score,United did their homework and exposed out weaknesses time and time again .....ponderous in Central defence and powerderpuff  in midfield.Big Aero getting red carded at 4-0 down totally inexcusable and unprofessional .

Big Kev Holt showing why he was my favourite player for Thistle last year only brought home how far we are off the pace now with current team .

United's league to lose and Thistle will do well to limp into midtable once the reckoning is done .

Ohhhh boy.

Strange first half, Utd gave away possession cheaply multiple times, but we outdone them by being unable to show and composure/control of the ball.

First goal was pretty impressive, letting someone have time to control the ball and finish from a corner...

Second the keeper got a hand to but a good hit.

Third a shitshow, well worked tbf.

Left early. Players looked beaten before a ball was even kicked tbh.

9 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Ohhhh boy.

Strange first half, Utd gave away possession cheaply multiple times, but we outdone them by being unable to show and composure/control of the ball.

Football is strange. I'm not saying you are wrong but that's my assessment of us and I was nervous only being 1 up.

United were only properly on top towards the end of the 1st half where atleast 4 cross balls went across the thistle goal. Easy day out for them,  felt all 5 goals were total gifts:

Leave someone on edge of the box unmarked

Another came from one of many misplaced passes from Bannigan

Sneddon got too weak a hand too Holt’s thunderc**t shot

Muirhead was off so nobody took the initiative to organise the corner which led to the ball bouncing off an unmarked Holts calf - assuming Holt was muireheads man?

Dive from Watt was just lol for the pen,but referee allowed it all game. 

Edited by cilitbang

Don’t think we were that bad in the first half, but felt like it was game over once United scored their second. I was a big fan of Kevin Holt when he was at Firhill, so no surprise he’s been solid for United and was really good today. Midfield once again our biggest issue IMO, a recurring lack of protecting the defence. The players in that position, are not bad footballers but they aren’t able to do that job in a way for example Docherty could. Muirhead getting an early booking is always a concern particularly if the game ends up frustrating and not going our way, probably gives Wasiri a chance to come in from the off next week now. Most people pre-season expected United to win the league and can’t see past that at the moment, would’ve always been content with Top 4 this season and I’d say that looks kind of our level based on the first quarter. That said obviously a 5-0 drubbing at home to anyone is disappointing. 

Edited by JagsCG

1 hour ago, Loemba90 said:

Great result, delighted for Holt.  Must be our biggest away win for years?

Actually don’t mind Thistle bar that twat Brian Graham.

42 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Inverness in the cup I would guess.

We beat Brechin 5-0 away in April 2018.

Well that was an enjoyable afternoon. 
Started well with that salt & pepper chicken & chilli pie.  At £4.50 a premium price, but thought it was a pretty magnificent effort.

Lots of good Utd performances today. Hat-trick Holt obviously very notable, but I think I most enjoyed Sibbald in 2nd half; it was as if he smelled blood at 2-0 and, in my opinion, the urgency he brought in driving us forward at that point played a big part in us going on to the big, convincing scoreline.

IMG_2887.jpeg