Ross County vs St. Mirren

Disappointing but not unexpected, currently waiting on a train down the road, met a fellow Saints fan with his wee boy at the hotel who was in the same position. 

Ironically, on the day the police call the game off because of travel safety concerns, the trains are now back up and running.

Mental, I've been out this morning and it's a great day for a game of football, the SM team are in Inverness and the pitch is perfectly good. Match called off due to police intervention & bad weather in Perth. 

If this is how we are proceeding, how are we ever going to get through any winter?

Surely fans can decide themselves whether to travel or not due to conditions near them.

4 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Mental, I've been out this morning and it's a great day for a game of football, the SM team are in Inverness and the pitch is perfectly good. Match called off due to police intervention & bad weather in Perth. 

If this is how we are proceeding, how are we ever going to get through any winter?

Surely fans can decide themselves whether to travel or not due to conditions near them.

Agreed. We came up on bus on Thursday, no issues. It is raining but not that heavy (a light shower compared to the deluge before the Scotland v Georgia game). Game could and should have been on.

I'd imagine when the game is played the away support will be much less, as theres no way a lot of us will be able to come up then.

Received this from County at 09.45 .... Had Hospitality booked for myself and my two Brothers, if by some outside chance it's on a Saturday then I will book again. I like a game under the lights but I guess the impact on our travelling support will be quite substantial for a midweek fixture.

Seems like the Polis were not keen on any travel.

County call off..png

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

There's a bit of me that agrees with this. But you could extend that to a lot of things such as 'people can decide whether to wear seatbelts / helmets' etc

It's the authorities' job to make sure people are safe. 

Edited by houston_bud

The latest forecast from Auntie Beeb shows this from about 1pm this afternoon, right through to well beyond the final whistle. Of course, they could be getting this forecast wildly wrong, but it looks well dodgy. Allow this to go ahead and it gets abandoned ten minutes in due to player safety / puddles causing the ball to stop rolling? I reckon they had no option but to call it off…. If any County fans want to take a daunner’ round to the stadium at, say, 3.30pm, let us know if it’s slap on the Factor 30, get the RayBans on weather and I’ll personally go down and kick Tomas Shafffernakkker & Co squarely in the haw-maws.

E819F82C-87EA-4A4D-AD39-A0BE1F422B50.jpeg

I was sceptical this morning, I’m against games being cancelled on advice of fans not to travel - I live 10 minutes from the ground, there is minimal risk for me. We are all grown ups.

However it’s been absolutely belting it down for the past few hours, and I don’t think even our amazing pitch would hold up today. 

19 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I was sceptical this morning, I’m against games being cancelled on advice of fans not to travel - I live 10 minutes from the ground, there is minimal risk for me. We are all grown ups.

However it’s been absolutely belting it down for the past few hours, and I don’t think even our amazing pitch would hold up today. 

I was going to say this.  I’d have thought the game would be in doubt even if the travel warnings weren’t in place.   Honestly, I wish games were called off earlier more often.  

2 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

I am assuming you don’t live in Dingwall, as it’s been utterly pishing down all morning.  There is surface water on the fields near me, and also anywhere the drainage is a bit slow.

The car park where I live is a miniature Loch.  With the forecast to see rain fall until after 6pm even if the game started there isn’t any guarantee it would finish. And then you potentially could have travel stopped for travelling fans on the way home.

Caley called it early with not wanting to travel south. This shouldn’t have set a precedent for us but I think it has. Bottom line is transport north and south is on and the pitch is playable. We will need a pre season game at this rate to get up to speed!!

13 minutes ago, USSR Tycoon said:

Caley called it early with not wanting to travel south. This shouldn’t have set a precedent for us but I think it has. Bottom line is transport north and south is on and the pitch is playable. We will need a pre season game at this rate to get up to speed!!

Currently in Perthshire on the train home, its not even raining here!

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

There's a bit of me that agrees with this. But you could extend that to a lot of things such as 'people can decide whether to wear seatbelts / helmets' etc

It's the authorities' job to make sure people are safe. 

I don’t get this.  The roads are open and trains are running. 
It would be bizarre if the authorities have decided football supporters are banned from travelling but everyone else can chose to do so if they wish. 
Kind of irrelevant since it sounds as though the game would not last 90 minutes if it was allowed to start.