Euro 2024 Travel arrangements

Connor7

10 hours ago, Super Staggie said:

Thinking of just city hopping and just camping? I know it's a bit clique but would be a laugh. Thoughts?

If I was young again and not a soft old git who panics at thought of staying anywhere without ensuite facilities, it would definitely be the way to go. 

11 hours ago, Super Staggie said:

Thinking of just city hopping and just camping? I know it's a bit clique but would be a laugh. Thoughts?

It's definitely possible. I know the Danes and the Dutch supporters clubs both had camping offers in their recent email, and have seen Germans advertising places in small towns near host cities to pitch up tents or park campervans. You definitely won't be alone in the thinking! Would be a fun adventure 

17 hours ago, GuyIncognito said:

Planning to book accommodation this week before the draw. Thinking about booking Essen to cover the Rhine area, Magdeburg or Hanover to cover Berlin, Hamburg, and Leipzig, then either Mannheim or Nuremberg to cover Frankfurt, Stuttgart and Munich. Planning to cover the whole group stage.

Have never done this before so does anyone with more experience think that this would work OK?

Cheers for that. Using similar thinking I've booked Neuss for the 4 Rhineland cities, Nuremberg for Frankfurt, Stuttgart and Munich, and Hannover for Hamburg, Berlin and Leipzig.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Cheers for that. Using similar thinking I've booked Neuss for the 4 Rhineland cities, Nuremberg for Frankfurt, Stuttgart and Munich, and Hannover for Hamburg, Berlin and Leipzig.

Thank you for the Neuss recommendation. It wasn't open for booking back when I did most accomodation reservations but it's definitely a little easier than the Dusseldorf option I have booked for a few separate blocks of dates. Can cancel those one now. 

Stuttgart is the only place I never booked Accommodation for any matches. I wonder if I'll end up being sent there after Saturday evening's draw. 

Not a criticism, but I assume everyone realises that loads of people booking multiple cancellable hotels, the majority of which they don't intend to use, will push up the prices for everyone else. Prices won't come back down when they cancel the ones they don't need. 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Not a criticism, but I assume everyone realises that loads of people booking multiple cancellable hotels, the majority of which they don't intend to use, will push up the prices for everyone else. Prices won't come back down when they cancel the ones they don't need. 

Yep the hotels will just keep the prices at the level they are at as now folks will be booking. I've settled on Dusseldorf and if it means commuting to Leipzig to be in the city Scotland are playing in. So be it. There are gonna be Scottish fans dotted about everywhere regardless

Fly in to Dusseldorf and have opted for Duisburg for a week for the second round of group games. Cheap hotel right next to the main station which seems like it does direct trains to the majority of host cities. PS if anyone with enough points wont be using their ticket for the second group game i'll gladly buy it of them :) think ill be 1 or 2 points short

35 minutes ago, Elgin Macca said:

Fly in to Dusseldorf and have opted for Duisburg for a week for the second round of group games. Cheap hotel right next to the main station which seems like it does direct trains to the majority of host cities. PS if anyone with enough points wont be using their ticket for the second group game i'll gladly buy it of them :) think ill be 1 or 2 points short

Pretty poor trying to jump the queue when people have been building up their points specifically for games like this. It wouldn’t even work unless they gave you their phone to get into the ground.

37 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Pretty poor trying to jump the queue when people have been building up their points specifically for games like this. It wouldn’t even work unless they gave you their phone to get into the ground.

Yup, tickets bought through the SSC were non transferable for 20/21, unlike those bought on the public lotteries and sales. 

If the supporters club actually get all 10,000 and the players/sponsors/staff and all that are tickets over and above that then I'd reckon those on 11pts will have about a 1 in 3 chance of a ticket.

There's 7869 members on 12 or more and you have to assume that the vast majority of those supporters will take up their tickets, let's say as many as 7500 do.

That would leave 2500 to distribute across the 7102 11 pointers so about a 1 in 3 chance.

You'd also assume that most of those 11 pointers, punters like me, mostly go to home games only with the odd away, and I'd say it's fairly likely that many of those fans will be unable to stay for all three games.

14 minutes ago, Div said:

If the supporters club actually get all 10,000 and the players/sponsors/staff and all that are tickets over and above that then I'd reckon those on 11pts will have about a 1 in 3 chance of a ticket.

There's 7869 members on 12 or more and you have to assume that the vast majority of those supporters will take up their tickets, let's say as many as 7500 do.

That would leave 2500 to distribute across the 7102 11 pointers so about a 1 in 3 chance.

You'd also assume that most of those 11 pointers, punters like me, mostly go to home games only with the odd away, and I'd say it's fairly likely that many of those fans will be unable to stay for all three games.

I reckon most 11 pointers who want a ticket will get one. There’ll be plenty on 12+ who only go to 1 or 2 games with some who won’t be able to go at all. Not everyone will be able to justify the best part of two weeks away from work/family with the costs involved.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Yup, tickets bought through the SSC were non transferable for 20/21, unlike those bought on the public lotteries and sales. 

You didn‘t buy a ticket from the SSC, you got a code from them which allowed you to purchase from UEFA.

As regards transferring. I didn’t travel over due to the Corona quarantine regulations in place at the time. 10 days upon arrival and then another 10 days upon returning to Germany. Add in another 10 days or so for going to the games, then not viable.

I purchased tickets for the 3 games, and was able to personalise them. 1st game my youngest brother, 2nd game my other brother, 3rd game my father.

I then deleted the app from my phone. Youngest brother downloads the app on to his phone, requests an activation code (entering my E-Mail). The activation code comes to my E-Mail which I WhatsApp to him. All the tickets are now on his phone. He goes to the game and after it, deletes the app. Repeat the process for the next two games. Is a lot of faffing about but did work.

As said, that was 2021, whether it will be the same next year, no idea what it‘ll be like this time round. 

In to Amsterdam on the 14th, back via Amsterdam on 27th. A bit gutting to think if we get out the group, I'll be home (and would get a ticket), but you can only swing so much when you're only taking one kid and leaving the other yin at home with her very understanding mum, a week before we go a family holiday!

Early arrival and late departure, so hoping to swing a day in the Dam with the wee man, showing him the suitable bits haha. My favourite city. 

We've plumped for Hanover or Frankfurt accommodation wise as my da reckons they're the best two bases regardless. 

Flying to Amsterdam then will get the train from there, staying in Krefeld which is just outside Dusseldorf. Taken the risk of not booking a return flight yet, as it will be home on the 27th regardless but want to wait and see if we end up with a game on the evening of the 26th first before committing to travelling early that morning when games that day could be in Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Hamburg or Gelsenkirchen.

Pretty well decided to stick with Berlin as a base and book overnight accommodation after the games, depending on the draw. If I started again I'd probably have picked somewhere more central, maybe somewhere small but with good rail links, but I really like the look of the place I found in Berlin. Have applied for Fans First tickets (cheapest) for the semis and final in the latest public lottery just in case!

7 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Hotel in Stuttgart sorted for the sat/Sunday sorted £450 between the 4 of us....Munich we are  going to train it back to pre booked digs there's a train back at 0450 going by the current timetable so just have a late one and crash on the train and koln we are  just up the road again in pre booked digs so that will do 

Put this in the wrong thread