⚫️⚪️Queens Park vs Partick Thistle🔴🟡 Friday night football

Watching the highlights just reinforces how dominant we were. Pumped them 2-2.

Paton’s had an absolute shocker - should have scored 4. 

Are we really having that as a foul on the keeper for the disallowed goal?

Still - a massive step in the right direction. Rot stopped, much improved, now time to kick on and get points on the board. 

43 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Picked up a flyer for Scotland v Norway Hospitality at ground last night....225 for Hospitality!,no wonder the game is rapidly becoming the preserve of the Well off and Corporate elite .

I'll stick to my Gregg's sausage roll thanks very much .

Don't get me started on Gregg's prices ffs....

4 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Paton’s had an absolute shocker - should have scored 4. 

Are we really having that as a foul on the keeper for the disallowed goal?

This is all spot on. Didn’t think the goal should’ve been disallowed at the time, and still don’t after watching the highlights. Knew Paton could’ve done better with a couple of those during the game, but the highlights make them look even worse. 

34 minutes ago, behindthelens said:

Absolute howler from the ref for the disallowed goal. Presumably Spong infringing on the keeper after being shoved in the back by the defender. Even so, the keeper completely lost it and was all over the place. A big incident in the game. An early goal and the performance Thistle came up with could have led to a decent win.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen such a greeting-face as Paton moaning to his mates. He would be buying them all a chocolatte this morning after that. I’ve not spoke of him much as he’s all we’ve got, but if Simon Murray on a good day was a 10 Paton’s about a 3or4. Anticipation of where the ball is going is essential for a striker and he doesn’t show much of that. And his out-of-possession game is a non event. So much attention has been given to the defence I think this fella’s got off lightly so far. Look at his reaction after the first sitter…immediately looks around to see who he can blame. Just own it son!

As mentioned long ago, the Robson-Thomas connection is a real game changer and it’s great to see it’s helping bring the best out of Turner too. If Veldman can find a three to replicate that on the right we’d be special. Not sure if Longridge has the legs for the forward role any more (sorry guys but he’s just not a defender) but he and McPherson could be something. I thought Jarrett was mostly out of it last night but with some help he too could do more. 

Bannon and Reid looked comfortable all night but sadly slowed the tempo at the back when their three academy chums came on. These lads need time on the park for sure but we’re so thin it’s a mistake to be putting in three but looking at the bench, what else was there. To be fair, one move almost worked but it’s asking a lot. Especially frustrating when Thistle looked dead on their feet from about 75 mins.

From last night’s other result it looks like a runaway for United and everyone else like last season. Rovers might be better if they have the legs but I’m an admirer of Ian Murray and you could see last term he was making it work. We’ve still time to be involved in the play-offs but more players are going to have to make more of their time on the pitch. Last night was a good mid standard, that’s all.

Veldman seems to be getting a tartan-oranj balance. I like the way player’s are allowed to make their own decisions but it has to be remembered that with so many young people, decisions without experience often leads to mistakes. It’s still going to be a while but last night was very encouraging. 

Turner’s goal best of the game. Real MotM: Dom Thomas.

Just watched the highlights.

There was never a foul on Sneddon for the disallowed goal. I think refs often assume if the keeper goes down, it’ll have been a foul but we got away with it there. 

Both definite penalties - complete stupidity from Williams unfortunately. 

Queens second goal was good play, albeit a bit fortunate at the end. I can only assume that the linesman thought that the deflection off Sneddon came off a Queens player, but no idea how he came to that conclusion.

Going by the stats on BBC, Queens highlights contain every single shot we had, and it still looked like we got pumped. Not ideal.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Not surprising really, that Queens dominated their left side as we had Ngwenya playing right back and Williams inside of him.

A couple of players out of Thistle's squad and the cupboard seems bare. 

We'd be as well giving McKenzie and Stanway a run of games.

I don’t want to start a crowd-w**k but the attendance given last night was 2800 and something. It could just be the view from where I was but I don’t think it seemed as much as that. I would’ve said around 1500.

I thought our performance really encouraging and agree with the upsides and downsides recorded throughout the thread. I took a friend who is entirely neutral but extremely knowledgable in the game. He enjoyed the experience but highlighted our weaknesses as striker, movement in the box, fitness,, and his comment to me at the end was "your coach will need to go."

8 minutes ago, Reid said:

I don’t want to start a crowd-w**k but the attendance given last night was 2800 and something. It could just be the view from where I was but I don’t think it seemed as much as that. I would’ve said around 1500.

Probably wee Willie Haughey fiddling the numbers like Uncle Roy up north? 

Seriously, Iwas thinking around 2000, but impossible for me to judge. There were certainly a lot of Jags fans waiting to get in near kickoff.

12 minutes ago, Reid said:

Crowds at Hampden have always "felt" like less than what they're announced as to me. I think it's just because of the sheer size of the stadium, even 2800 is obviously empty.

12 hours ago, Spiders For Life said:

Wildest one for me was not taking Bannon off when he couldn’t run, he visibly didn’t want the ball as the guys continued to fire it to him.

Agreed, but in RV's defence, Alex needs to be able to signal that he's crocked. If unable to signal, the first time the ball is out of play he should drop to the ground and wait for treatment.

Ruari had a 'mare and I'm sure he knows it. He still has a decent scoring record this season and given the fact that he's barely had any service in recent weeks it's his only ropey performance in terms of chances missed. I'm confident he'll bounce back 

11 minutes ago, Cyclops van Gogh 1867 said:

Agreed, but in RV's defence, Alex needs to be able to signal that he's crocked. If unable to signal, the first time the ball is out of play he should drop to the ground and wait for treatment.

Absolutely agree. Also Alex refused treatment when the physio was waiting at the side of the pitch. He was also asked - I think by Robson - if the subs waiting should come on and he confirmed all was good so Robson communicated that to the bench.

Won a gold watch with that point. Finishing with a back four of Bannigan, Neilson, Williams and Stanway and still holding on was something of a miracle. I thought at the time that the disallowed goal was very soft (i.e. wrong).

Genuinely disliked Adeloye. I can handle our players having a poor game or being shite, but not trying pisses me off. Reminded me of Zanatta or McConologue, jogging around towards their defenders when they had the ball, pretending to press rather than actually pressing. Very much enjoyed his goal though.

3 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Thistle didn't lay a glove on QP until around 35 mins, again shades of the Arbroath game at Lesser, where QP dominated but were extremely wasteful up front.  Paton has had every right recently to bemoan the lack of service to him but he cannot have any complaints re last night.  Personally Turner, Spong and Reid were the stand-outs.  Green shoots of recovery evident, but then again, it's usually the hope that kills you!